FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Happy 4th Flintstones

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Just wishing everyone a "Happy Fourth of July" this 2006.
Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:58 am 
Ehren Gonzales

Happy 4th to all. Hope to see you at the Atwood Stadium festivities Cool .

Ehren
Post Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:07 pm 
Joe

Ehren why did the City of Flint, The Mayor and Flint City Council allow this years 4th Festival be so shitty???? How sad...
Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:53 am 
Ehren Gonzales

Joe,

I am sorry to hear that you thought the festival was not that good. I thought it was good to see so many people spending time with their families getting together to watch the fireworks. I also believe it was great to see so many cars particiapte in the car show as well as the people there to see all the older cars. While I believe it was a good day, there is always room for improvement.

My plan next year is to become more involved in the planning for the event. It would be great if other stakeholders in our community would get involved as well. Maybe I will have a chance to work with you on a committee planning next years event so we can share ideas on how to make it better. The Greater Flint Arts Council was intimately involved this year and it may be good to voice your concerns to them so they can better prepare for an improved event next year.

I would like to hear what you thought was good/bad in this years event. Again, no event is perfect and there is always opportunity to make it better the next time around.

Ehren
(810) 397-0737
Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:09 pm 
rapunzel

Hi Ehren,

As I drove to Atwood it looked like the car show was well attended.

The drive into the parking lot at Atwood was not well posted, so not easy to find. Could use signage Atwood parking this way>.

The bounce items and the rock climbing wall for kids were nice. Good choice of venders- reasonably priced.

Lots of community police officers and the event was well organized.

My daughter LOVED the fireworks!

Still would have loved to have the event in a more open area. I liked it much better at Riverbank Park. Felt dangerous in that arena with so many chained gates in a crowd. In fact I left early and watched the rest of the fireworks in the parking lot.... got paranoid.

The stairs at Atwood are dangerous, narrow and the ones at the bottom to the field are broken and decayed. ( some stairs on the upper level have been repaired) Thought for sure some of those High Heeled chicks were gonna fall. Walking slowly with my daughter, one person pushed past me on the stairs with NO care for my girls safety.

I won't take her in that arena again.

Traffic is hard to direct out of there though the police did their best.

Wish we had more of a carnival type event down town with fireworks at riverbank park. The car show could be moved?
Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:37 am 
Adam

In Ann Arbor it's amazing how they handle traffic after the game when they change streets to one way. Wasn't there also a fee for the fireworks? Seems like that would deter some people.
Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: