FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint Party in Florida
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I'm in the process of putting together a "Flint Trivia" party here in Florida in the next couple of weeks at my home. I plan on having different locations through out Flint for the attendees to identify as well as trivia questions all to test their knowledge of Flint, Michigan. The winner will receive a Made in Flint t-shirt for their efforts.
I will have Koegel hot dogs shipped in and recreate the infamous Halo Burger and onion rings. Gotta have em!
Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you are going to have a Flint party then you have to get this guy's cd!!
Bryan McCree http://www.bryanmccree.com/

Last edited by Steve Myers on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Very funny guy and I will get his CD.
Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:14 am 
David Wills

when is the next party?
Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:40 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

Make some Boston coolers with Vernors to go with those burgers. MMMMM!
Post Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

You need KOEGELS!!!

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lunchlady schreef:
Make some Boston coolers with Vernors to go with those burgers. MMMMM!

Also you need lots of The FAMOUS Lunch Studio Cheezy Potatoe Soup!!

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:03 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Angelo's Coney Sauce is a must!!!

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:04 am 
pissed off ma ma bear

you will need drug dealers and gangtars also,,,,
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 am 
CandyCane
F L I N T O I D

Put the Weather Ball on your roof and maybe a few crackwhores along your driveway.
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:52 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

throw in some poorly educated kids dealing drugs on the street corner and youre all set.....just like home! Aint nutten better!

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:09 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

wow. this got really negative all of a sudden. I think a good trivia item is Flint's six flags theme park. Its gone now, but it still warms my heart to see AutoWorld memorobilia at area antique shops.
Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:30 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
wow. this got really negative all of a sudden. I think a good trivia item is Flint's six flags theme park. Its gone now, but it still warms my heart to see AutoWorld memorobilia at area antique shops.

YEAH! Lets celebrate the biggest disappointment in the cities history.....I worked there, that was painful in itself....just be happy with the memories you might have....while I almost go "postal" anytime I hear a barbershop quartet or think about that "Me and my buddy" song!

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:59 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:

Tegan,

Here at Flinttalk as in life you'll always run into people who have a "glass is half empty", "everything here is crap", "oh woe is me" attitude.

We have our resident negative doom-sayers. One of which doesn't even live here anymore, but enjoys throwing scud missiles from afar.

But, its a free country, and an open forum.

We can't control what they feel or what they say. We can only control how WE respond to it.

and so it goes...

don't let the "Captain Bringdowns" bring you down.

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:46 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
YEAH! Lets celebrate the biggest disappointment in the cities history.....I worked there, that was painful in itself....just be happy with the memories you might have....while I almost go "postal" anytime I hear a barbershop quartet or think about that "Me and my buddy" song!

As a five year old with a mom who worked in the shop, I thought it was amazing. Its the only real place I remember going in Flint that left a deep impression on me. I don't remember "me and my buddy" but I remember the quartet and the scary mannequins with no faces until you pressed the button. Those gave me nightmares.

I imagine anyone who works in a place geared toward children must get annoyed with their jobs. Can you imagine how employees at Disneyland feel? Heck, try working at any retail store during Christmas. The same 10 songs play over and over.

I suppose Autoworld had to go. I'm just sorry they had to take the IMA with it.
Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:03 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: