FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Mayor Don Williamson's pros can dons

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Pachucoi

I listen to you all criticize the mayor, he is a rat, a thief and a liar. Well how about some of his pros, his fiscal responsibility, his cleaning campaign, and many more.
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:49 am 
Pachucoi

BTW I apologize for the mispelling, I was rushing through th post.
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:11 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with you! "The Mayor" has done a lot of good for the city.

The haters will be hating life when we get a winner like Snott Kincaid in office.

No need to apologize. This is not MLive!lol
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted J

How in any stretch of the Imagination claim fiscal responsibility?
1. Tahoe MORE $$ to purchase MORE$$ to maintain MORE$$ to operate. But he calls it a savings??
2. Peterilt Garbage Trucks, A LOT MORE $$ to purchase, Lack of training to repair, More expensive repair parts.
3. Lost 1.4 MIllion that, 1,400,000.00 dollars in Hud funding.
4. Refuseed to settle at 300,000 sewer damage lost 3,000,000.00 in COurt.
5. We still don't know about the Journal carrier cost to the City?
6. Grass cutting Emergency. Cost $$ Poor planning always costs more than planning. Common Sense.
I could go on for hours at this. So what is it that was fiscally responsible? That you so much give him credit for?
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:21 am 
Pachucoi

A surplus in the budget. Concerning the garbage trucks, I do recall they were more expensive, but less to maintain in the long run and got backing from the union.
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:25 pm 
Adam

If balancing the budget and cleaning some vacant lots and using alloted money to pave streets is your main priorities then you should be happy with the mayor.

I think our top two priorites should be jobs and crime reduction. we are losing jobs and crime is increasing.

As far as cleaning vacant lots we should have more prisoners from the county jail doing that. The mayor also increased his office's budget from about 400 thousand to I think 900,000 I'm not sure if that is fiscally responsible.

Since I'm not that old I have some young freinds in and around Flint. Conditions are very bad and seem to be getting worse. Although we have had many "bad" mayors in the past and perhaps Williamson is a good mayor sometimes good isn't good enough. The USA had a 'good" soccer team and lost. As long as GM stays afloat we should be able to survice but if they file bancruptcy some day and cancel pensions we could be looking at a doomsday scenario.

Ted you missed where the mayors decision to discriminate against people that have sued the city. That cost us a lawsuit settlement as well.

Although we may have not had recent stellar mayors recently we did have one in the almost forgoten past that went on to become governor. http://politicalgraveyard.com/geo/MI/christian.html and who's grandson was the founder of General Motors.
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:40 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Pachucoi schreef:
A surplus in the budget. Concerning the garbage trucks, I do recall they were more expensive, but less to maintain in the long run and got backing from the union.

Based on what? You are listening to the propaganda.

It does Not cost less to maintain more expensive equipment, with more expensive repair parts, with more expensive preventative maintenance repair parts. If you watched the whole special meeting when they had Mr. Ayers and his right hand man there. They did not once. Provide any evidence that it would cost less.

Mr. Gonzales asked, point blank the question. He never received an answer because they hadn’t even looked at this. ‘How much of the repairs on the Internationals was preventive maintenance or regular maintenance and how much was warranty and how much was damage?’ THEY DIDN”T KNOW!! I know! That’s what I used to do for four years in the Marine Corps. That was the best and most basic question that needed to be asked. Then while during the whole conversation there. They finally admitted, that Preventative Maintenance (PM’s) had not been going on for some time. Here read the facts.

http://www.cityofflint.net/hoodwinked.htm

I mostly commented on the purchase of the Chevy Tahoes over the Impalas. I did cover the Peter-Bilt/ International issue, but not in depth . But, if everything they said about the purchase of Tahoes over Impalas was a flat out lie. Why would you believe anything they said about the International verses Peter-bilts.

Make a box of Mac and Cheese. Divide it in half. Set on half on a plate and put it on the kitchen table. Put the other half in a container and put it in the fridge. The next day. Which half are you going to eat? Which half was taken care of? Which half was better quality when it was made? Hopefully you can see this. If you can’t figure this out on your own; I don’t have a clue how to get through to you.

Because of my background in Maintenance Management. The whole process drove me crazy. Since the important and necessary information needed in order to make qualified and educated decisions was not even brought up. What about training? Did all the mechanics that were going to work on this equipment going to go to the factory training for this equipment? I was told they already had the training. (Before they even had the purchase approved?) That doesn’t make sense! Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars in training? On just the possibility of purchasing the Peter-bilts. I can’t prove it. But, that seems to be more of a off the cuff response, meaning it was in the works, or was intending to be done. But that isn’t what we told. We were told. They already had the training. Hmm That dog just doesn’t hunt.

The problem, this stuff is obvious to me. Just because I happen to have years of experience dealing with it. I hope, I’ve done a well enough job showing just some of the information you would use to analyze one piece of equipment over another.
Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: