FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Alex Harris's recall attempt - Successful Mayor Resigns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

The public hearing for approval of the recall language is scheduled for Wednesday, May 28th at 11:30 am at County Courthouse ( Judge Weiss' courtroom )"
Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:30 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

You should give Alex a call. He wants to print these up.
Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:31 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Tell me how to reach him.

If he's asking my permission to use my "design", tell him feel free.
Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:49 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I like your Tee shirt design but arent you somewhat concerned that if a well endowed young lady decides to wear one it could turn out saying "Call on the Con". Laughing
Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:55 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Tell me how to reach him.

If he's asking my permission to use my "design", tell him feel free.

All questions regarding this effort to recall Flint Mayor Don Williamson should be directed to Alex Harris at (810) 238 – 9017 or (810) 625 - 4192
Post Fri May 16, 2008 10:01 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

True, twotap. But perhaps my boobies will get it noticed!

Maybe I should focus all the "O"s on the exact right areas...
Post Fri May 16, 2008 10:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Strategic placement of lettering is very important as my friend Vanessa points out. Razz Very Happy
Post Fri May 16, 2008 11:12 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/05/election_commission_to_conside.html

FLINT, Michigan -- The Genesee County Elections Commission is scheduled to consider the petition language next week for the attempted recall of Mayor Don Williamson.

Resident Alex Harris is organizing the recall attempt. He claims the mayor should be recalled for a number of reasons, including misleading the public on the budget and the budget cutbacks.

The hearing will be 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday at the Genesee County courthouse in Genesee Circuit Judge Robert Weiss' courtroom.

Harris is encouraging people in favor of the recall to show up for the hearing.

The commission does not determine the merits of the recall, only whether the language on the ballot is clear. Harris would have to gather thousands of signatures to force the issue on the ballot.
Post Fri May 23, 2008 10:34 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

"On Wednesday, May 28th at 11:30 a.m. a public hearing was held to consider the acceptability of recall petition language involving Flint’s Mayor, Donald Williamson. The recall petition language, as first submitted on May 13th by Flint resident Alex Harris, was approved during the course of today’s public hearing. The Election Commission, comprised of Chief Probate Judge Robert Weiss, Genesee County Clerk Mike Carr, and Genesee County Treasurer Dan Kildee voted unanimously in favor of approving the language as submitted by Mr. Harris.

Based on a successful completion of this stage of the recall process, there will now be a 180 day period provided for accumulating the necessary registered voter signatures that would then mandate a recall election to remove Mayor Williamson.

Regardless of the obstacles and obvious constraints involved, we are confident the voters of Flint will be afforded their legal right to vote on the removal from office of Mayor Williamson.

All questions regarding this effort to recall Flint Mayor Don Williamson should be directed to Alex Harris at (810) 238 – 9017 or (810) 625 - 4192"
Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:53 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/05/genesee_county_election_commis.html

FLINT, Michigan -- The recall petition against Mayor Don Williamson can move forward, as the Genesee County Election Commission approved petition language this afternoon.

The next step for recall organizers is to circulate petitions and collect enough signatures to get the issue on the ballot.

The three-member commission does not examine the truthfulness of the reasons for the recall, but only decides whether the petition language to be circulated to residents is clear.

Michael Carr, a commission member and the Genesee County Clerk, said he doesn't agree with how easy it is to get recalls on the ballot, but that's not his role.

"I oppose all recalls, but the language is clear enough to understand," Carr said.

Alex Harris, who is organizing the recall, claims Williamson misled voters on a number of issues, including the financial condition of the city, during the mayor's 2007 re-election campaign. Williamson narrowly won a second term.

"The voters can debate the validity of these points," Harris said.

But attorney George Peck, representing Williamson, said Harris' convoluted reasons would leave those who might sign the petition confused.

"There has never been a misrepresentation of Flint's financial condition," Peck said. "There has been scrupulous management of financial funds."
Peck also said that some of the issues Harris raised, such as pursuing lawsuits, were concerning lawsuits that were started before Williamson took office in 2004.

Peck said the mayor might appeal the decision.
Post Wed May 28, 2008 2:24 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
"There has never been a misrepresentation of Flint's financial condition," Peck said. "There has been scrupulous management of financial funds."
Peck also said that some of the issues Harris raised, such as pursuing lawsuits, were concerning lawsuits that were started before Williamson took office in 2004.

So what do you call it?

Wasted my tax dollars before the election to tell me everything was great, only to after the election tell me were weren't even close to what he said before the election.

I must be stupid. Sounds exactly like a misrepresentation of Flint's financial fund.

What is his defination of "mispresentation" an intentionally or sometimes negligently false representation made verbally, by conduct, or sometimes by nondisclosure or concealment and often for the purpose of deceiving, defrauding, or causing another to rely on it detrimentally; also : an act or instance of making such a representation

Sounds like the same defination I would have used.
Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

https://docs.google.com/File?id=dhrwhxxm_5f8hn5mg2_b
Post Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:14 pm 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

All questions regarding this effort to recall Flint Mayor Don Williamson should be directed to Alex Harris at (810) 238 – 9017 or (810) 625 - 4192
Post Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/08/recall_effort_against_flint_ma.html

"We hope to officially open our Recall Campaign Headquarters Thursday of next week. The HQ building is located across from the Whitehorse Tavern (at the intersection of Court St. & Ann Arbor) specifically, 818 Ann Arbor St, Flint 48503. Our phone (810) #424 - 6366 ( 42GODON )"
Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:07 am 
LakeWoman50
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/08/recall_effort_against_flint_ma.html

"We hope to officially open our Recall Campaign Headquarters Thursday of next week. The HQ building is located across from the Whitehorse Tavern (at the intersection of Court St. & Ann Arbor) specifically, 818 Ann Arbor St, Flint 48503. Our phone (810) #424 - 6366 ( 42GODON )"
Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:02 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: