FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Alex Harris's recall attempt - Successful Mayor Resigns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Everyone stuck in the city of Flint under this megalomaniac should be excited about this.

I just don't get you people. I really don't. There is not ONE GOOD THING THIS IDIOT has done for the city of Flint. NOT ONE.

I can only assume people who "support" him are getting something out of it, or are irretrievably stupid.

It's official...hell has frozen over. I agree with Demeralda.

(Hope that doesn't ruin your reputation!)
Post Thu May 01, 2008 8:10 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

You know, we probably agree on more than you think. I am a libertarian in a whole bunch of ways; I hate the government poking around in my private life.

Ted, that question brings into specific relief the problems with deciding who is a "good" or "bad" leader.

On one hand, he manages to get his way a lot, and by any means necessary... so I guess that would be what's "good".

The fact that he's a moron, a crook, and a bully with no tact whatsoever, well, I'd say that's a very bad leader indeed.

What is the criteria for judging what's "good" and "bad"?
Post Fri May 02, 2008 7:58 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

NEWS RELEASE

To: All Media

Contact Alex Harris
Person: (810) 238-9017 or (810) 625 - 4192

Event: SUBMISSION OF RECALL LANGUAGE on Flint Mayor Donald Williamson

Event date: Tuesday, May 13, 2008

-For Immediate Release-

On Tuesday, May 13th at approximately 3:00 P.M. the submission of recall petition language will be filed with the Genesee County Clerk. This officially becomes the first stage in advocating the recall and removal from office of Donald Williamson, current Mayor of Flint. The specific charges and justifications for the recall of Don Williamson will be detailed, with copies made available to all interested parties.

Following the Tuesday, May 13th submission, the language is required to be reviewed and approved by an election commission comprised of Genesee County Clerk Mike Carr, Genesee County Treasurer Dan Kildee, and Chief Circuit Court Judge Robert Weiss. Following a successful completion of that stage of the recall process, there will be a six month period provided for accumulating the necessary registered voter signatures that will mandate the recall election to remove Mayor Williamson.

Regardless of the obstacles and obvious constraints in the process, the voters of Flint will be afforded the legal right to vote on the removal from office of Mayor Williamson.

All questions regarding this effort to recall Flint Mayor Don Williamson should be directed to Alex Harris at (810) 238 – 9017 or (810) 625 - 4192
Post Tue May 13, 2008 11:49 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The other article mentioned some of the reasons. I should have posted it here. However, I think he should have left off the Closing of the Jail and laying off of Police/fire. The jail hasn't been closed only eluded to in hte budget presentation. NOr has anyone been fired yet (that I know of).
Post Wed May 14, 2008 10:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

"FOR ANY & ALL INTERESTED PARTIES : THIS WAS THE FINAL DRAFT & SUBMISSION FOR RECALL LANGUAGE ON FLINT MAYOR DON WILLIAMSON. THIS NOW BECOMES THE BASIS OF CONSIDERATION FOR APPROVAL BY THE 3 MEMBER ELECTION COMMISSION : JUDGE WEISS, MIKE CARR, DAN KILDEE. Alex Harris

MAYOR WILLIAMSON SHALL BE RECALLED FOR : (1) Violating the public trust by misrepresenting Flint's financial condition by several million dollars (2) Mismanagement of City funds costing taxpayers several million dollars (3) Endangering the public safety by proposing the elimination of 59 police officer and 9 firefighter positions (4) Breaking his commitment to keep the City jail open (5) Proposing a $12 million dollar property tax increase (6) Leaving taxpayers with the bill for over $20 million dollars in lawsuits and legal judgements that could have and should have been avoided (7) Refusing to provide for a permanent Police Chief as required by Flint City Charter ( END )"
Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/05/activist_alex_harris_files_to.html

FLINT -- Political activist Alex Harris filed language Tuesday to recall Mayor Don Williamson.

Harris would have to collect several thousand signatures to force the issue onto the ballot, however, and that isn't likely to happen until next year.

The reasons Harris stated that the public should recall Williamson include: misrepresenting the city's financial condition, mismanagement of city funds, eliminating police officers and firefighters, closing the city jail, costing the city money by failing to avoid lawsuits and failing to name a permanent police chief.

Harris had announced his intention to recall Williamson earlier, but he had to wait until the mayor had been in office for six months. The mayor was re-elected in November.

The Genesee County Elections Commission has to approve the wording on the recall petitions, but the commission only looks at whether the language on the petition is clear and doesn't decide the merits of the recall.
Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Now we need some catchy T-shirts. I'd like to see what happened if I wore one around downtown -- he'd probably find some flunkie cop to arrest me.
Post Wed May 14, 2008 1:55 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Now we need some catchy T-shirts. I'd like to see what happened if I wore one around downtown -- he'd probably find some flunkie cop to arrest me.

How about "Put the Old Gray Mayor Out to Pasture - Vote Yes"
Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

hehe, very catchy, but too much to read.

I'd go with something like:

RECALL DON THE CON
YES WE CAN

Who wants to make it for me? This would be a good social experiment. I could walk around downtown and see how people react... provided I don't end up in jail.
Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:36 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:45 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

That's pretty good. Catchy slogan and I like the color scheme and it's a cute shirt. I should have had you design my mysearchisover.com t-shirts. lol

Last edited by Adam on Wed May 14, 2008 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Adam! I'm not much of a designer, so if you like it, it's probably a fluke Smile

What do you think, should I try my little experiment? You are my witnesses if I end up in jail!
Post Wed May 14, 2008 3:04 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You could at least get one for yourself.
Post Wed May 14, 2008 3:19 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like this one better!

http://www.cafepress.com/ncoerstore.12157591

Post Wed May 14, 2008 3:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

If you made it in a baby doll version, I might Razz
Post Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: