FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: In memory of Rose Kelly
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

In Memory of Rose Kelly

I am following the case of the deceased Flint Child Rose Kelly age 5 through this preliminary stage, the child protective proceeding and criminal proceedings. There were plenty of opportunities to help this child. Public focus may help the next child. Please follow comment and advocate for protecting Flints children.

See

http://enewsblog.com/terryraybankert/

Terry Bankert 6/23/06
Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam

Yeah I'm running for senate but anyways.

1. If Flint functioned as it should police would have gone to this house. I had my bicycle stolen but never bothered to call the police. According to Ted people have given up on police and don't even call when their cars are broken into let alone junky houses.

2. Maybe we should get rid of victims advocacy or another unecessary department and have a seperate child or even public welfare office. With the money we save from eliminating the office we could get some police to prevent victims. We could send these police to check on kids and dumpy houses to prevent this. If we really care about victime we should PREVENT VICTIMS!!! What the hell did victims advocacy do for this girl? I think we'd be better of with having a couple police completely seperate from the police department go around checking on children. At minimum victims advocacy should be run by police officers.

In summary, upon the first excess absence a Flint police truancy officer should have gone to the home. If Flint police can not handle this then state police should do it. In addition we need a method to go around and check on these dilapadated homes. It's bad enough the eyesores they are but it's worse when we have children and human beings living in dumps with feces and fleas. People care more because this was a child but perhaps some elderly are dying prematurely as well???

I have a stong feeling there's dozens of children living in dumbs similar to the one this girl lived in.

I do think Brenda Clack did the right thing on this after the fact. I think the public should know the full story. Hopefully with this being an election year our current and elected politicians will take steps to prevent this from happening again.

With Flint schools being overwhelmed I think they do need more police and state help. Flint schools are in no position to do welfare checks on every single child which is what should probably be done. Why wait until a child shows up with bruises or shows signs of neglet. I think we should do a welfare check on every child in Flint schools and also check on every decrepit house. Easier said then done. hopefully it would only take a police officer a few minutes to do a welfare check. If a police officer could do a welfare check in 10 minutes in one hour our force should be able to check on over 1500 childen (some children live together).

Adam Ford
Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:04 pm 

Interesting topic ! But you failed this time Terry ! Who are you blaming? The system? The "slum" lord? The Flint Schools? WHOM ?

Interesting this came up though. I have a childhood friend who called me yesterday saying her CRACK head boyfriend who she has a 15 month old child with, beat her up. So, I allowed them to stay last night and said they could until she got herself an apartment.

She and this man "LIVE" or shall I say SQUAT in a house on Patterson and Ave A. This dwelling has no windows, no electricity, no water and should be condemend !

Anyway, to shorten this sad saga.. I picked she and her baby up at the corner of Patterson and Saginaw. Her baby was dirty, and had no bottles, food, or clothes.

I initially called CPS back in March. OPEN and ACTIVE case ! Her worker (Alisa Foster) who I called 3 times today and left extensive messages saying that this "person" was going back to this DUMP ! This "friend" got pissed at me because I wouldn't take her to Wood and King to find her crackhead boyfriend. Anyway, after receiving no return phone calls I dialed 810 760-2222, only to get some lady who put me on HOLD and asked if my concern was an EMERGENCY ! What constitutes an emergency? Open and ongoing case? The death of ANOTHER child? Living in a crackhouse with a CHILD that has no water, power, or windows?

I again not long ago called 810 760-2222 and got an ANSWERING service who said that the in-day worker would give me a call back. 33 minutes later I got that call.

I explained who this "friend" was, how she was staying with us, who her worker was, the conditions she was subjecting her child too.

First question from this "inday" worker. HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE WASN'T THERE TO PICK UP HER BELONGINGS? BELONGINGS? WHEN YOU FLOP FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE... YOU DON'T HAVE MANY BELONGINGS !

Even after telling her EVERYTHING I knew (including her caseworkers name), I was the one being treated like the abusive, drug-selling, drug-taking parent. I was the one being interrogated !

In closing, I told the "inday" worker that the baby needed to be removed permanetly. And that I hope they did their job tonight.

Stay tuned !

Flintteach
Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:01 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
Interesting topic ! But you failed this time Terry ! Who are you blaming? The system? The "slum" lord? The Flint Schools? WHOM ?

Interesting this came up though. I have a childhood friend who called me yesterday saying her CRACK head boyfriend who she has a 15 month old child with, beat her up. So, I allowed them to stay last night and said they could until she got herself an apartment.

She and this man "LIVE" or shall I say SQUAT in a house on Patterson and Ave A. This dwelling has no windows, no electricity, no water and should be condemend !

Anyway, to shorten this sad saga.. I picked she and her baby up at the corner of Patterson and Saginaw. Her baby was dirty, and had no bottles, food, or clothes.

I initially called CPS back in March. OPEN and ACTIVE case ! Her worker (Alisa Foster) who I called 3 times today and left extensive messages saying that this "person" was going back to this DUMP ! This "friend" got pissed at me because I wouldn't take her to Wood and King to find her crackhead boyfriend. Anyway, after receiving no return phone calls I dialed 810 760-2222, only to get some lady who put me on HOLD and asked if my concern was an EMERGENCY ! What constitutes an emergency? Open and ongoing case? The death of ANOTHER child? Living in a crackhouse with a CHILD that has no water, power, or windows?

I again not long ago called 810 760-2222 and got an ANSWERING service who said that the in-day worker would give me a call back. 33 minutes later I got that call.

I explained who this "friend" was, how she was staying with us, who her worker was, the conditions she was subjecting her child too.

First question from this "inday" worker. HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE WASN'T THERE TO PICK UP HER BELONGINGS? BELONGINGS? WHEN YOU FLOP FROM HOUSE TO HOUSE... YOU DON'T HAVE MANY BELONGINGS !

Even after telling her EVERYTHING I knew (including her caseworkers name), I was the one being treated like the abusive, drug-selling, drug-taking parent. I was the one being interrogated !

In closing, I told the "inday" worker that the baby needed to be removed permanetly. And that I hope they did their job tonight.

Stay tuned !

Flintteach

You are quick to need to say you are right. I blame no one on this isssue, yet. We have a process to protect children and treat families fairly. This case is local, so I have access to court files, hearing DVD's, and can attend hearings in the child neglect phase and criminal phase. My intent is to keep a historical record and make both tracks, neglect and criminal available for public inspection and debate. Thank you for you comments , I am cross posting to the blog for a permanent record.
Terry Bankert 6/24/06
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Quick to point out I am right?! Because I don't agree with your "blog"? Your opionion? Your righteous thinking that these "people" deserve to be treated like law-abiding citizens?

They have broken MANY laws ! First and foremost, the Golden Rule... treat others how you would want to be treated yourself !

15 month old baby ! Living in squalor, living in a dwelling that has no electricity, living in a dwelling that has crack pipes lying on the floor, living in a dwelling with no bed, no food, no running water !

Her law-abiding "boyfriend" who recently was paroled from prison (after serving 20 years) has stolen 2 meters and illegally hooked up electricity the past 6 months.

Her law-abiding boyfriend has taken her Bridge card every month and gave it to crackheads to buy dope. 287.00 dollars and when she gets the card back... she and the baby have 3 dollars to live on. She has been cut off assistance because of a phone call I made. She hasn't received FIA since May. Her law-abiding boyfriend (who remember, was just recently paroled after 20 years at Jackson) has also taken her Bridge card and bought groceries only to sell them at the Arab store on the corner of Patterson and Saginaw (DaDo). He sells them to the owner of the store for cash money so he can buy crack. Which I just recently found out they sell these things there called party packs. Party packs are crack pipes with a chore boy. That's WUNNERFUL !

The thing that really bothered me was when I initially called CPS back in March. They allowed that baby to be taken to her 20-year old son's apartment. Did they do a background check on him? I know for a fact he smokes weed, and was discharged from the Navy for OCD. I took this girl there on Thursday. 5 people living in a 1-bedroom apartment. And CPS allowed the baby to go there. 20-years old !

And last night was my final straw ! No wonder the children of this state and country aren't protected.

But let me call and say a neighbor is abusing a dog, a horse, a cow, or a hamster. DAMN ! Those individuals would be front page news in the Urinal and frowned upon by EVERYONE !

But call CPS on a child? Naw, let's keep the "family" intact. Naw, let's send the child anywhere. Naw, let's give the "mother" and "father" a fair shake !

SICK !
Post Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:59 am 
writer

Blaming!..Look to parents, not schools

FLINT JOURNAL LETTER TO THE EDITOR

FLINT MI USA

THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION

Sunday, June 25, 2006

http://www.mlive.com/columns/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-8/1151245312158630.xml&coll=5

JOURNAL READER

I believe Ron Fonger owes the Flint School District an apology for trying to lay the blame for the tragic death of Rose Kelly on its doorstep. ["District didn't sound alarm," June 20, Page A1]. It is misleading to say that the district is culpable in the matter. All too often we want to blame the social system that may fall short of expectations. The real fault in neglect cases falls on the parents. It is the parents' responsibility to enroll the children in school. It is the parents' responsibility that the children are fed, bathed and clothed. The schools can only take on the role of the parent when the children are in the school.

Let us stop the blame game and look for ways to solve the problems of child neglect.

Patrick D. McDougall
Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:44 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Teach, you hit on something I've been writing about here. Mostly when it has to do with the Police. But it seems to be a prevailing attitude here in Flint. Someone else should pay for me. Government should be responsible for me.

CPS Should have acted upon the very first call you made. Same as when you call the Police. you shouldn't have to call 6 or seven times, write letters, write elected leaders to get action. CPS should have investigated immediately. Then went over and checked out the story with police present.

With Flint Police Officers onl having to be responsible for less than 2 whole calls a day. I'm sure Flint could have found one to go with the CPS worker. Shoot, The Mayor can find 8 to go to housing commission meetings with him.

I don't see where Terry is taking the cop out approach and blaming anyone at this point. Only pointing out the many failures in the Community and the System. The blame clearly lies with the parents. When you can't afford to take your kid to the doctor. How can you afford to feed pets? My understanding was there was crap in the house and it was nasty. I'm just glad I've never eaten at chucky Cheese. Poor lady... Hell Poor child. The child died because the parents, more than likely didn't have the maturity or even intelligence to have children. When a situation like that has been identified. (just as your friend with the crack head boyfriend) Law enforcement needs to step in. Since, Flint refuses to even discuss the issues affecting the Police dept. Over Staffing and lack of response, personal use of officers, etc. This type of thing will sure happen again. And your going to see it. You've attempted to get involved in a system that has for years, just made unfounded excuses, and covered up their inability to act. When you make waves, you will be attacked. Just as you were.

quote:

The people of Flint have just accepted this as business as usual. They've become accustomed to putting up calling in problem and then being treated as if they are the problem. That needs to change! I just wish you actually lived here in Flint. We could use more people that can see the problems and are willing to speak out when nothing is done.

If you would. If your willing. Please document your entire experience with dealing with CPS and what you've done and what has been done. Email it to me and I’ll post it on www.cityofflint.net These are the stories more people need to hear. They need to stop walking around with blinders on. Flint has problems, and they are solvable. We have people that are supposed to be responsible for taking action. There are already procedures in place that just plain need to be followed. If they refuse to. We need to hold the elected leaders accountable, Point them out! Then fire them, and the people refusing to do their jobs.
Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if we could have state police become more involved. If a kid misses one extra day of school above the limit perhaps we could notify the state police as well as CPS? Since schools are state funded and children are minors under state law it seems like this should be a state issue? If CPS is overwhelmed why not have a state police officer talk to the parents and check on the child. I think this would send a good message to the parents and intimidate but not scare them because it's usually CPS that takes children away. If an officer saw fleas and feces such as he would have in this case then he could have made the emergency call to CPS and CPS would have been forced to take appropriate action. This is just my idea but if it is good please let me know ASAP. I have a feeling this could come up on Thursday.
Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:22 pm 

I'm in Colorado on vacation... but I have my home phone number ring to my cell.

Anyway, the "caseworker" called me yesterday and I'm BIG THROUGH with the whole CPS system.

I can't and won't expend any more energy on this individual !

When the baby dies or become seriously ill because he isn't eating (because they have no money or Bridge card). I will attend the funeral and watch the Urinal and the all the newstations jump on another story like they did with Rose Kelly.

Do you know there is no law against being POOR ! Source: Child Protective Services of Genesee county.

Is there a law about squatting in a crack house with no running water or electricity with a 16-month old baby?

I'm out ! Peace ya all !

Flintteach
Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:35 am 
plato

06/27/06 Contested pretrial of the parents of Rose Kelly

I attended the contested pretrial of the parents of Rose Kelly in Judge Weiss courtroom ,Genesee County Flint MI, on 06/27/06 at 2:30 pm it lasted about an hour.

When the mom Michelle Bowen and father Jeffrey Kelly came in the were both slight, pail and dressed in white shirts. Mom had the look of dispar the husband was reserved.

They sat far apart from one another. Little eye contact no signs of affection that I saw. Mom was quite sad and desperate.

After it was over she and her parents joined the elevator of strangers I was in. They hugged in a tight circle all crying. The judges orders meant grandpa , grandma and mom will never be alone with these children again on this earth. I could feel their sobbing in the air.

There were 20 social service workers and attorneys in the court room on this case and others. The court room was a stained mahogany over plywood only several years old. It smells of cheap quality.

In the room were two sheriff deputies and a lieutenant supervisor. Several Flint Police detectives were in the audience. Probably lead officers on the case.

The attorneys conference at the bench. The CPS worker introduced the case by introduction of the parties attorneys and social workers. Perched in the jury box were three film crews from TV 12 ,5 and 25.

The assistant prosecutor announce that a parental rights termination case was being filed against all three parents of the living children of Michelle Bowen. The elected prosecutor held a press conference that day.

A Mr. Mitchell was a father of one of the children. He had never visited with the child. The Prosecutor announced to the court and recommended to the court that Marc Dedenbach be appointed to represent Mr. Mitchell. The Judge agreed and Dedenbach had already met with his client and was sitting next to him in court. The judge has hand picked all of the defense attorneys, they are all A list.

The judge asked if he was available if there were criminal proceeding. Dedenbach said no he did not do criminal. The prosecutor stated that probably there would be not criminal charges against Mr. Mitchell.

The prosecutor said the there was a problem ,the autopsy report was not available on the deceased child Rose Kelly. In fact the pathologist was out of the country. He was from Oakland county. The prosecutor asked for a three week adjournment.

The prosecutor said it was vital to have the autopsy, all the defense attorneys agreed.

The childrens attorney complained that one of the media listed the living children names on their Webb site, but then removed them. The judge then ordered from the bench that the children names are not to be used by the media.

The prosecutor then asked that the parents be denied any parenting time until the trial. Probably this meant they would never see their children again alone .

Many will think they don’t deserve to. Many will think that this creates an additional hardship on the children.

Mrs Guttz a CASA worker told the judge that she heard from a worker that the parenting time did not go well , the children had cried . None of the attorney’s objected to her hearsay testimony. The childrens own attorney agreed. I wonder if she asked her clients.

Imagine you are one of the living children. Your sister has died, your have been torn from all you know mother, father, grandparents.

Strangers have you now ,all you hear of your parents is snippets of conversation that your parents are bad and your will never live with them again.

What you don’t know is the world has prejudged your parents, a layperson CASA worker has given a raw opinion based of what she heard another say and you will never be alone with your mother again.

This is all a child knows in this case. These children need comfort. Our system does not care. The prosecutor stated the real reason is that the children will be used by the state to testify against their parents. They do not want any parental soothing love to possibly obstruct their march to parental rights termination. Conviction vs comfort, conviction wins.

We are all measured by how the parents of Rose Kelly are treated and the living siblings. It is inevitable that these parents will lose their children and depending on the autopsy they may face a criminal sentence.

Prejudged as they are they deserve a fair trial and these children need comfort.

Extreme cases like this can be used to gain insight to our system of children justice. Take time to learn.

My thoughts on 6/27/06

Terry Bankert

http://enewsblog.com/terryraybankert/
Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:07 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

These people are garbage and deserve to die in the same manner as their dead baby.
Post Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:47 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
plato

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
These people are garbage and deserve to die in the same manner as their dead baby.

Most will agree with you. The parental rights will be termenated and criminal charges will result. We do not know the worst of it yet. A child died while in their care. We protect the remaining children and punish the parents.

What I see within the process in this extreme case are due process inequities used against petitioned parents that do not deserve to have their children removed. Here of course the children must be protected.

Child protective procedures during litigation pay little attention to the emotional needs of the children. This case is extreme and has an inevitable conclusion but within it we will see everything that is wrong with our child protection system.

Terry Bankert 06/28/06
STEVE: I could not log in so I used plato therfore I can't edit and some how I triple posted previously could you remove 2.
Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:40 am 

Nice double talk Plato !

Her parents are SCUMBAGS who deserve nothing. They deserve to be tormented just like those children. The father looked disgusting on the news last night. He looked retarded and she looked like she just stepped off the short bus with him. They are white trash who procreated so they didn't have to work !!!! This case shows you exactly why social programs dint work. DEVOS please !
Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:52 am 
plato

quote:
Anonymous schreef:
Nice double talk Plato !

Her parents are SCUMBAGS who deserve nothing. They deserve to be tormented just like those children. The father looked disgusting on the news last night. He looked retarded and she looked like she just stepped off the short bus with him. They are white trash who procreated so they didn't have to work !!!! This case shows you exactly why social programs dint work. DEVOS please !

Would your position change if it was found the child died of a gas leak in the house? WHere does due process start and finish for you? Do you really think the press has this right? Are you arguing for summary execution based on the facts as you know it or are you just trolling?
Terry Bankert 6/28/06
Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:18 am 

See Terry... that is the problem with you card-carrying liberals !

LITTLE ROSE KELLY DIDN'T DIE FROM A GAS LEAK !

SHE WAS NEGLECTED, TORTURED, ABUSED ! WHICH EVENTUALLY CAUSED HER DEMISE !

Due process of law is a legal concept that ensures the government will respect all of a person's legal rights instead of just some or most of those legal rights when the government deprives a person of life, liberty, or property.

Why does Jeff Kelly and Michelle Bowen deserve DUE PROCESS? They are the ones who deprived little Rose the pursuit of LIFE, liberty, and property !

Jeffery Kelly and Michelle Bowman were ordered to take parenting classes in 2004 and "prevention services" in 2005 after an allegation of another child in the house being medically neglected.

They looked healthy in recent pictures.

CPS doesn't WORK ! I'm sick of the system.. I've lost ALL faith in the system..

Family First my azz !

This individual I know and her crack head boyfriend aren't parents, let alone a FAMILY !

Same goes with Bowen and Kelly. If they were that poor.. then why ALL the kids? If she were that "uneducated" to not take her child to a doctor (which is a crock because she knew the outcome if she did).

These types of folks run games on anyone who will LET them !

Due process my azz Terry !

I say castrate the daddy and "fix" the momma so they can't repeat the process ! These people don't deserve a chance !

Your children are your SOUL, your LIFE, your very exsistence of your BEING !

You would DIE for them, you would KILL for them !

Not the opposite !

Flintteach
Post Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:32 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: