FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Someone has it out for old downtown buildings...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Has anyone else noticed all of the downtown buildings that have burned in the last two or so years?

First the theater in Owosso, then another downtown building in Owosso, then the big one in Linden, then almost a year ago in downtown Flushing, and now the old Opera House in Flushing...

Both of the Owosso fires were declared arsons that started in a stairwell.

The one in Flushing today started on the ground at the back of the building. (to be honest, it might just be kids smoking, but still... )

And that doesn't even count the Granc Blanc Fitness Center and the Upnorth Lodge.

Grrr. I'm angry.
Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:49 pm 
insider
F L I N T O I D

I am pretty sure we can figure out what happened in the case of the Up North Lodge.
Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:55 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

No more Blt with egg sandwiches. Sad
It is sad to lose the old buildings. I hope it is not some nutty firebug.
You've got me wondering, Tegan.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
insider schreef:
I am pretty sure we can figure out what happened in the case of the Up North Lodge.

ironically, we ate there the night it burned down [technically they stated the fire started after midnight].

Sadly, we had decided that would be last time we'd dine there [little did we know how correct we would be].

it had really changed, and not for the better. Food was mediocre and the service worse.

The waitstaff seemed to be all inexperienced teenagers, and we noted a definite lack in the decor...like they had really taken some of the furnishings out.

The bar was full of loud drunks which detracted from the ambience in the dining area nearby.

I saw afterward it was in the process of being sold. I bet the insurance company takes a long look at the situation.

Too bad, it started out great, and we really enjoyed going there initially.

Such is the challenge of food service especially in an area that is not growing, but losing income AND population.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:08 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: