FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ralph Tedford III gets sweet plea deal

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

This is a very sweet plea deal. He gets to plea deal on a lesser charge to an even lesser charge.

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/03/flint_police_inspector_agrees.html

FLINT, MICHIGAN -- A Flint police inspector charged with misconduct has agreed to resign immediately.

Ralph Tedford III, 41, of Flint also will ask the state to permanently rescind his police certification, said Genesee County Prosecutor David S. Leyton.

In exchange, prosecutors will dismiss a felony misconduct charge against Tedford and allow him to plead guilty to misdemeanor willful neglect of duty.

Tedford, one of Mayor Don Williamson's handpicked members of the Citizens Service Bureau, has been off duty since last year when a woman alleged he took her to the King Avenue mini station for sex after a traffic stop. Tedford has been with the department for 18 years.

The plea agreement allows Tedford to avoid the possibility of a five-year prison term. Instead, he will face a maximum of a year behind bars.

He was expected to plead guilty to the reduced charge in Flint District Court Tuesday morning.

By asking the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards to permanently revoke his certification, Tedford would not be able to work as a police officer again.

"This is a sad ending for a police officer who by many accounts had a fine career," said Leyton.

Leyton said the alleged victim in the case was consulted about the plea and agreed it was a fair resolution.

The Journal could not reach Tedford's attorney or acting Flint police Chief Gary S. Hagler for comment Monday.
Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:45 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, without knowing all the details, I'll still say HHHMMMmmmm.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[quote] when a woman alleged[/ quote

Thats it????

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:22 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Earlier coverage:
Flint officer accused of misconduct
Tues., Feb. 19, 2008
http://www.mlive.com/flint/stories/index.ssf?/base/news-48/120343621568010.xml&coll=5
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:52 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Former Flint cop admits to having sex with woman at mini-station, sentenced to jail
by Paul Janczewski | The Flint Journal
Tuesday March 04, 2008, 10:48 AM

FLINT-- A former Flint police inspector charged with misconduct was sentenced to 60 days in jail this morning and will have to pay fines and costs of $800.

Judge Karl E. Kraus imposed the sentence for Ralph Tedford III, 41, of Flint, in District Court, telling Tedford people trust the police to protect the public and that the sentence reflected "a diminishment of trust."

Tedford, an 18-year police officer, has been off duty since last year when a woman said he took her to the King Avenue mini-station for sex after a traffic stop.

He resigned last week and gave up his police certification.

Under questioning by Assistant Genesee County Prosecutor Rebecca Jurva today, Tedford admitted to having sex with the woman in the station.

The victim spoke in court and cried as she told Kraus she doesn't trust police anymore, she's not the same person and this has affected her children, according to court officials.

Tedford's attorney, Marvin Jennings, told the judge Tedford was a good police officer and he made a bad choice.

Tedford will begin his jail sentence March 15. Arrangements are being made for him to serve his jail sentence outside of Genesee County.

Permalink:
http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/03/former_flint_cop_admits_to_hav.html
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:04 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well thats that.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:26 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Heard on the news at noon that he got 60 days. His lawyr asked that he be allowed to serve it outside the County, since prisoners here know him.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: