FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Hey Ryan Nice Story
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Saw the article today. Pretty Cool.

If anyone can find the article and post it?
Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flint/stories/index.ssf?/base/features-0/1204215614319470.xml&coll=5

This link will only be good for a week:

http://www.mlive.com/fljournal/frontpage/pdfs/T_thursday.pdf
Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:50 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Ted, I am really excited by this and what it will do for Flint. I am happy to see my hometown on movie screens across the WORLD. I never once asked what will the movie people do for me, but rather what will they do for Flint. When they first asked me to use my bar and for me to help them scout out areas and locations I offered my help for free. I think this could be the begining of more of HOLLYWOOD coming to Flint....

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Assertiveness has to be the key in order to market a venue for the movies...photos and videos have to be taken, galore. There are a lot of ex-area Flintites that are out in Hollywood and on Broadway that could bring a lot of "things" back home again. Wink

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:32 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hey, that would be cool to bring in more movie sets. We can only hope. I wonder what impact that movie made on flint's economy? It obviously wasn't enough to save our city budget. LOL But, it sure didn't hurt.
Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:33 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Good stuff, Ryan & Chad. Jerry Preston, not so much – again. Why would the president of the Flint Area Convention & Visitors Bureau ever feel it necessary to balance every positive with his own negative opinions?

"It was a real treat for us, especially the fact that they did a premiere here, but will anyone really remember this movie two years from now?" Preston said. "I mean this isn't 'Gone With The Wind' we're talking about."

Here's his response to Forbes naming Flint a miserable city:

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/01/forbes_to_flint_youre_miserabl.html

"They don't look at what's around us. They just look at the heart of the city and that's not fair," Preston, a 15-year Flint resident, said.

Translation: "Yes. Flint proper is a miserable hell hole – but Frankenmuth is a senior citizen's paradise."

I think Jerry needs a hug and Ryan needs his job.
Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:59 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Thanks Ted, I am really excited by this and what it will do for Flint. I am happy to see my hometown on movie screens across the WORLD. I never once asked what will the movie people do for me, but rather what will they do for Flint. When they first asked me to use my bar and for me to help them scout out areas and locations I offered my help for free. I think this could be the begining of more of HOLLYWOOD coming to Flint....

Come on Ryan....lets be real! This isnt the second coming of Ray Ruether and General Motors or something!
It might put the name Flint out there for a few months but it isnt going to bring jobs and prosperty to Flint....lets get real people!

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

[quote]I think this could be the begining of more of HOLLYWOOD coming to Flint.... [/quote
Now thats what I call optimisim. Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:22 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I've been posting Semi-Pro news at http://www.cinematreasures.org and check out the cameos link. Thanks, Ryan for your work with the Semi-Pro filming.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:12 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

See the Journal's review today? If their reviewer doesn't like it, then iy's a good movie.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Yes I did. With two stars, does this make Semi-Pro semi-good?
(rim shot)

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:29 pm 
V.Hickle
F L I N T O I D

Hey Hollywood, here's an idea for a new cop show that can be filmed in Flint:
"(lack of) LAW & (dis)ORDER"...another rim shot please. [/b]
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:13 am 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Al Garcia schreef:
quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:

Come on Ryan....lets be real! This isnt the second coming of Ray Ruether and General Motors or something!
It might put the name Flint out there for a few months but it isnt going to bring jobs and prosperty to Flint....lets get real people!

I'm sorry everyone....my brother, the forever 'hater' and pessimist...
Its called basic good PR. Commonly taught in business or marketing classes around any college or university.

This movie helps to bring good PR to Flint...even if it only is seen by one person...the negativity of the media and world's perception of Flint, MI will be replaced, for at least an hour and a half, with fun, light humor based in Flint, Michigan. Even if one person associates Semi-Pro with Flint, MI and gets a laugh, its one less person that associates it with Roger and Me, or povery, crime, or the fact that Al Garcia is from there (just kidding).

Most importantly, it gives the people of Flint some pride that Hollywood has picked their hometown to film and base a movie there. It gives them a sense of pride to see landmarks, people they know, etc. on screen. This gives them a good feeling, even it be temporarily, about where they live, rather than all of the negativity that has been bestowed upon them.

I'm sure that the filming brought in revenue, did create jobs while in production and had some sort of economic impact on the city. In addition, the filmmakers, if theyhad a positive experience, will see things in Flint that may make them, or their colleagues in the entertainment world, come back to Flint for future filming.

Great things dont happen over night. Rome wasnt built in one day. It's small, constant change that builds upon something great. Even if its a few-week filming of a movie.

Think positively and optimistically every once in a while. It makes life a happy place. positivity breeds positivity. It doesnt have to be huge change to be good change;l

*horns*

Velda

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Take it from a movie extra, I didn't think the movie did much for Flint.

MetroGirl, I'm an extreme optimist, but moreover a realist. I thought the movie was stupid and not funny at all. Yes, Ryan is an awesome guy and had great intentions. I love the guy - he'll even probably be coming on my show soon! But calling this movie a "disappointment" would be an understatement. This wasn't my first experience at movie-making and I myself had a terrific time doing it. However, have you seen it? "Silly" would be putting it mildly. I've written comedy professionally for 30 years, and I woyuld never allow this kind of material to pass off. I am confused how this movie was considered funny. I'm even more confused on what made this "good for Flint." Would that be the always-stoned guy who the movie made look like a zoned-out druggie? Or maybe the spacey and flighty idiot who didn't mind his wife screwing Woody - in fact he enjoyed it? No, this does not depict the Flint people that I know, or would want the country to know of.

Don't get me wrong - the mentions of Flint, Michigan in the movie would make any Flintoid proud. They mentioned Flint several times, but that's where it ends. I've gotta go wrestle a bear now. You know - the kind that escapes in a stadium full of people, and no one realizes where it is.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey maybe you can get Mike Moore away from hobnobing with his rich Traverse city Dem buddys and come back to Flint to make another doctoredupmentory. With the goings on lately at some local schools he could title it "Fast times At Northwestern High" I wonder if Phoebe would be available? Razz Laughing .

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:26 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: