FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The End of Conservatism
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I won't shed a tear over lost symbols of economic conquest.

Oh No not class envy too. Rolling Eyes

quote:
While an NRA member lies in bed at night, gently stroking Lucy

Well ya gotta stroke something what do you find pleasurable. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Heres hoping they catch and convict everyone of the ELF terrorists. I wonder what they will be stroking once they get to prison. Shocked Cmere ya cute little ELF you mine now. Laughing

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:04 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Not class envy. Class HATRED. Let's be clear Wink

Why do you hate them so much? You know, hate the sin, love the sinner... isn't it kind of the same thing? I know their hearts are in the right place.

It's a shame that people of good conscience have to resort to such tactics to make their point. What does that tell you about our culture?

I only wish prison on people with real malice, real intent to hurt others. They do not qualify.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

An incomplete answer to my previous question. So unlike you. Laughing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9bwrE71eJo&feature=related

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:33 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Not class envy. Class HATRED. Let's be clear Wink

Why do you hate them so much? You know, hate the sin, love the sinner... isn't it kind of the same thing? I know their hearts are in the right place.

It's a shame that people of good conscience have to resort to such tactics to make their point. What does that tell you about our culture?

I only wish prison on people with real malice, real intent to hurt others. They do not qualify.

They burned, what 4 houses? How many pollutants did the fire release into the atmosphere? How many trees will it take to rebuild those houses? Will they be paying a visit to Al Gore's McMansion? Organizations like ELF and PETA are definitely malicious.
"WE hadto destroy the village in order to save it". Does that sound familiar?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres a couple of gungrabbers from the Big Easy (remember the gun confiscations during Katrina from honest citizens) having a little gun play of their own. Laughing [/url]

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:10 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Ok fellas, since this is soon going to resemble a gangbang...

1) If your question hinges on a youtube video, a lot of times I can't answer it, because I work for fascists who will have a heart attack if they catch me spending the bandwidth. So trust me, it wasn't an intentional evasion. Can you pose it without the video?

2) Did I say ELF's method is right or even the most ecologically sound? No, I just said I understand the moral place from which they're coming.

The four houses are like sending a message; I don't think they actually believe they can get to every house they'd like to burn down. And I'm assuming Mr. Gore might have some security. But they aren't so concerned with THE PAST, that is, you don't ever see them going after old money... it's these people who insist on building new eyesores! Why must the forest be razed for their bourgie moneylust? Aren't there any OLD mansions they could fix up and live in? WTF?
Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:41 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Another artful dodge of the original question. Just say "I refuse to answer on the grounds it would incriminate me" Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:10 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Ok fellas, since this is soon going to resemble a gangbang...

1) If your question hinges on a youtube video, a lot of times I can't answer it, because I work for fascists who will have a heart attack if they catch me spending the bandwidth. So trust me, it wasn't an intentional evasion. Can you pose it without the video?

You could always look at it at home.

2) Did I say ELF's method is right or even the most ecologically sound? No, I just said I understand the moral place from which they're coming.

The four houses are like sending a message; I don't think they actually believe they can get to every house they'd like to burn down. And I'm assuming Mr. Gore might have some security. But they aren't so concerned with THE PAST, that is, you don't ever see them going after old money... it's these people who insist on building new eyesores! Why must the forest be razed for their bourgie moneylust? Aren't there any OLD mansions they could fix up and live in? WTF?

Government control of what kind of house you live in?

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I could look at it at home if I had a computer at home Smile

I think you missed the point there, Dave. These bourgies raze forests and build their new McMansions, and ELF torches them. My point is this: if you have so much money you can afford a mansion, why must people go for new construction? Government has nothing to do with it.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:36 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I have to wonder why you, ELF or anyone thinks its their business to tell someone else how to spend the money they have earned let alone destroy someone elses property. According to the article the new homes were constructed taking advantage of the latest 'Green" technology. As far as using a renewable resource such as lumber have you or the ELF terrorists ever looked at what goes into todays modern home. Engineered products that use materials that are a lot of times recyled or computer designed such as floor truses which used to be huge 2 by 10 or 12 pieces of lumber are now recyled chip board or OSB sandwiched between twostrips of 2 by 2. This is just one example not the mention the energy efficency of todays modern home. If everyone was allowed to perform terrorist acts on things in society they disagree with I would imagine the bombing of abortion clinics would be high on many folks list and like you said send a message to those involved in the practice. So tell us what would be the difference between that and what the ELF nuts are up to? Very Happy ps I hope you are soon able to aquire a home computer for yourself. Missing those vids is not good. Very Happy

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I wonder....... Are there enough folks here that have leftover computer stuff that could be assembled into a working computer for Demeralda? I've got a couple IDE hard drives, assorted cables & a CD reader I'll be glad to donate.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:18 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I dont but if I did I would. Very Happy

Last edited by twotap on Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:31 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Hey, that's really sweet Dave, thanks!

I've never condoned what ELF does, but you are missing a larger point here, I think. It's not the BUILDING itself. From what I've read about ELF in the past, the biggest of their issues is sprawl -- mowing down wetlands, chopping down forests, etc.

The only point I've made about their methods is that it seems to me they must feel very powerless to resort to those tactics. I think it's that same kind of disenfranchisement that set off Timothy McVeigh.

I don't have any "right" to tell anyone to do anything. That doesn't mean I can't condemn the way some people spend their money as immoral. I don't believe in shopping at Wal-Mart, just like I don't believe in building McMansions. Hell, I could give you a huge list of things that I think are ridiculous, immoral and irresponsible ways to spend money. One of my pet peeves is the diamond engagement ring, but that's a whole other diatribe.

Given my morning, I wanted to bring up one other topic that we've tangled about in the past: universal health care. This morning, I went to the ER because I was having horrible abdominal pain, and guess what? They couldn't see me for 5 hours. They were actually turning away ambulances. Why, you ask? All the uninsured waiting to get "free" care for their cold or flu. So others NOT having insurance does affect our care, too. My dad made that very astute observation.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hope your feeling better. Sad I guess you decided my computer was not high tech enough aye. Wink Very Happy

quote:
my pet peeves is the diamond engagement ring, but that's a whole other diatribe.

I believe Debeers recommends somewhere around a 12 mo salary as a minimum. Shocked For 12 mos salary she better be Jessica Albas twin sister.

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:44 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Heh, it's going up -- it used to be only 3 months salary.

Those DeBeers fellas are the cleverest dudes alive, seriously. Who else can manage to inextricably link their product to proof of love?

It's sick and brilliant.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:52 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: