FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: "Semi-Pro" gets R rating
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

The official web site at http://www.semipromovie.com makes it official. "Semi-Pro" is rated R for language and some sexual content. To quote the old trailer for the movie "Shaft", if you want to go see it, ask your mother. That's, of course, for those under 17.

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

TV ads imply that Will Ferrell wrestles a bear. I challenge fellow posters to name other films that feature a bruin wrestling scene.

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

"Legends of the fall" at the end. Tristen ludlow loses that one. Laughing
Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:34 pm 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

Another one is "The Magic Voyage of Sinbad"- I saw this on MST3K. Sinbad is actually Russian- this is never explained.

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:36 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Totally forgot about MST. That was HILARIOUS!

Remember "Bill Kennedy at the Movies" on WKBD out of Detroit?
Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:54 pm 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

Yup- used to watch Bill a lot. He told funny stories about Sal Mineo and all the people he knew in Hollywood. His host segments, unlike MST, weren't filled with levity and laughter, yet, they were informational.

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:02 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

I used to watch Bill quite a bit, too. Yes, he was quite informational, but crotchity as all get up! He had very little couth.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:24 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I seen the movie yesterday and it is a Hillarious movie, I recommend everyone go see it.

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Feb 29th is almost here and Terri and I will be the first in line to see this movie. I watched a video of Will promoting the show on "The Today" where he and Woody go two on two with Meredith and a New York Knicks player.
Let's make it the #1 movie in America....

Richard
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:16 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Heres hoping its better than Talladega Nights.
Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:31 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Did you go see the movie Richard?

quote:
Richard schreef:
Feb 29th is almost here and Terri and I will be the first in line to see this movie. I watched a video of Will promoting the show on "The Today" where he and Woody go two on two with Meredith and a New York Knicks player.
Let's make it the #1 movie in America....

Richard

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:35 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Number 4!!! lol I thought the movie was good.
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:07 pm 
Tomorrow
F L I N T O I D

I really enjoyed the movie today; think I’ll go see it again tomorrow. bye the way What’s going on with The Kremlin?
Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:07 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Are you kidding me, Tomorrow? Which part did you like? Take it from a movie extra, I didn't think the movie did much for Flint at all. In fact, it pretty much sucked! I thought the movie was stupid and not funny at all. I've written professional comedy for over 30 years and this didn't even measure up to "adequate" standards.

They're right about Ryan - he's an awesome guy and had great intentions. I love the guy. Really - he'll be on my show soon! I think the guy has amazing standards, values, and morals about Flint that are unsurpassed. He's a classy guy, especially for his age. I do nothing but commend him and applaud his efforts and opinions about the city of Flint.

But calling this movie a "disappointment" would be an understatement. This wasn't my first experience at movie-making and I myself had a terrific time doing it. However, have you seen it? "Silly" would be putting it mildly. I am confused how this movie was considered funny. I'm even more confused on what made this "good for Flint." Would that be the always-stoned guy who the movie made look like a zoned-out druggie? Or maybe the spaced-out and flighty idiot who didn't mind his wife screwing Woody - in fact he enjoyed it? Riiiiiiiight. No, this does not depict the Flint people that I know, or would want the country to know of. Do you know people like this? Do you want the entire world thinking people in Flint are simpletons, as this movie portrayed?

Don't get me wrong - the mentions of Flint, Michigan in the movie would make any Flintoid proud. They mentioned Flint, Michigan several times, but that's where it ends.

I've gotta go wrestle a bear now. You know - the kind of bear that escapes in a stadium full of people, when no one realizes where it is.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: