FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint schools changing

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4219895

Some people will have major issues with some of his reforms but I REALLY like the idea of restoring physical education and also think some students will enjoy the arts and music. Personally, advanced gym was my favorite class in high school. Maybe if we had more phys ed we could win some more state championships.
Post Wed May 31, 2006 12:06 pm 
ellwoodflint

Adam,

I have no problem with the outline of his plan. I think the long term goal would be very good for us. Although, I'm not crazy in the method and the time frame of which this plan is coming thru on.
I do not know how entrenched you are in knowing this system, but right now their is major politics at work here. Trust me, it isn't pretty.
Also, there are going to be alot of losses that are hard to bear.
It's always easier for people who do not have kids currently in the system to support change. When you figure any program change at all takes at least 5 years to show results, he is changing the entire district down to the books they read. Tell me, how do you think this will effect the current students? What about the kids who are going to fall thru the cracks because their is no-one at home to help keep them be consistent or in a comfort zone to begin with?
This is a very multi- layered situation. I rarely see anything black and white with our school administration, it's a very gray stripe.
Post Wed May 31, 2006 5:38 pm 

The only frightening thing to me is this... losing the wonderful kids we have here at Central ! I fear they will look elsewhere when the "hoodrats" from Whittier start to roam our halls next year.
Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:05 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: