FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Activist Policing
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Thank You Thank You Thank You.

I keep getting labeled as an eccentric, out of touch, a naysayer of anything the mayor does. That his leadership is just fine. That Crime is going down, I don't know what I'm talking about. Guess what.

I've been right on the money since day one!

quote:
Did you talk to any of the officers at your table?

I certainly did.... they are frustrated too... lack of leadership... lack of communication... from the top on down .... JMF

Lack of leadership. It was evident from the day the mayor took control over the city. Enforcing ordinances for having a junk car parked at your house (ZONING VIOLATION) then towing them to an Impound lot that isn't ZONED FOR THAT either. Is hypocrisy. It's a “do as I say, not as I do” mentality.

This has been his Program since he took office. Using police officers as his own personal security or enforcement (ie Housing commission intimidators, arresting a paper carrier in City Hall) is poor leadership, and demoralizing to the police force. Instead of out fighting crime. They are reporting for work “To Protect and Serve” the people of Flint. And end up acting upon the whims of a omadawn.

Under this Mayor’s leadership. Flint has seen the beginning of the first MAJOR crime increase in over ten years. That’s not the leadership I’m looking for. I admit. I voted for him. I believed him when he talked about accountability. I never dreamed, his idea of accountability was. “Did you do exactly what Don Williamson told you to do”.
Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

I know that most of the businesses on the "hardcore" eastside were hit and invited to attend the meeting .... JMF

This was a first target area. Agreed to by committee. Regardless to say "if you want to screw something up form a commmittee"

NUFF said about that! While the hardware store on my block is now closed guess I won't have to worry about inviting them now.

Family MKT was robbed yesterday.

I hear you loud and clear about the discussion getting off topic.

Peace
Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:55 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Here, this was created using the numbers right fom the City's own crime stats page http://www.cityofflint.com/Police/Stat.htm

Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The "-" means Negative. Means it went down. The "+" means it went up. Above "0" is an increase. Below "0" is a decrease. Any one else see a pattern here?
Post Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:18 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: