FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Sounds like my kind of club.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing "acquired taste" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

dave knows what i'm talkin' bout!! ha ha ha ha ha.... Laughing Laughing

naw, actually, the ribs are the only thing i'll eat.... Laughing Laughing

andi..i love those kinds of neighbors....great way to learn stuff!!!!!!!

(i know damn well 2tap will chow down!!) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:39 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb5udOOguJc Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:45 pm 
last time here

3 shots and a plate of maws for 2tap!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

oh-oh...andi, you better check your family tree!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by last time here on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:48 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I call my children "chittlin's"....... hmmm.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:52 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Do Margaritas have tequila in them...?! Crud, I better step away from the keyboard!!!! Or put mittens on to prevent me from rambling...Smile Smile

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 pm 
last time here

naw naw..don't stop!!!!!

GO BABY GO!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 pm 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

I believe the topic was...Angry White Men? aka the NRA.

Quote..

"Gary Hubbell
February 9, 2008

There is a great amount of interest in this year’s presidential elections, as everybody seems to recognize that our next president has to be a lot better than George Bush. The Democrats are riding high with two groundbreaking candidates — a woman and an African-American — while the conservative Republicans are in a quandary about their party’s nod to a quasi-liberal maverick, John McCain.

Scrolling down to point of rant..

There are many millions of Angry White Men. Four million Angry White Men are members of the National Rifle Association, and all of them will vote against Hillary Clinton, just as the great majority of them voted for George Bush."

RAP Says..

Let's look at this..everybody seems to recognize the next president needs to be better than Bush II.?
4 million angry white men put Bush II in power even though Al Gore won the popular Vote? The Judiciary put Bush II as Commander & Chief.
Moses took on Al Gore. Charlton Heston is DEAD.

My father a WWII Vet and avid hunter would not vote against "what Moses said...You will take my gun out of my cold dead hands".
My father who lived in FLA would not vote republican as his father a WWI vet "would roll over in his grave as he said every time a republican came into office the economy went to hell."

So my father for the first time ever..Did not vote. Silence can be golden.

We as a people need to reform the Judicial nomination process. Before Judicial nominees rise up to attain the Supreme Court level appointments, who supports thier campaigns? Big business, lobbiest from large orgs. like the NRA? Large drug company's fighting cases against citizens? Large companies that pollute the environment have lobbiest that contribute to campaign of state judges. Does this affect their rulings?

Did Al Gore want to take guns away from hunters? Did Al Gore want to take away a registered handgun from a citizen that felt they needed protection?

NO!
But my father believed Moses.

Our police officers carry handguns while the criminals carry AK47s. You no longer hear a single shot in the night but 30 shots in a row. Our officers are carring slingshots compared to the firepower of GUNS on the street.

The powers that pay the lobbiest do not believe in moderation. Wether it be small increments like stopping late term abortions or machine guns. They will not allow any changes stating it is a beginning to the end, infringing on rights.

I find it ironic the Obama campaign yelling against the possibilty of super delegates overwhelming the popular vote. When Al Gore carried the popular vote but still lost. Giving us 8 years of Bush who was put in power by MOSES and the Judiciary and ANGRY White MEN.

Peace
RAP

Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:48 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Politicians on BOTH sides are in the special interest's pockets. How much have Soros and Hsu contributed to the Dems? You say the police have pistols and the crooks have AK-47's. Without a special license, fully automatic weapons are against the law. If the bad guys don't obey that law, what makes you think they'll obey any other law? If you want to do away with the 2nd ammendment, which others are you willing to eliminate, the 1st, the 4th?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya right Gore is progun. Of course he also invented the internet, him and Tipper were the characters in Love story,he lives in a mansion that consumes about 1000 times more energy than the homes of the little folks, he jets all around the world in his private plane pushing his Carbon credits global warming fiasco, And than there is this.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Needing common sense gun restrictions
JIM LEHRER: Gun control, what is the big difference, as you see it, between your position and that of Governor Bush?

AL GORE: He's -- he's with the NRA (National Rifle Association) -- and I'm not. I believe that the horrible instances of violence that we have had in recent years involving guns demonstrate very clearly why we need common sense restrictions on things like mandatory child safety trigger locks. When you have a 6-year-old first grader killed in the classroom -- with a gun the shooter got from a known crack house. What about your record on prosecuting drug crimes Gore?
JIM LEHRER: How do you enforce that?

AL GORE: Mandatory trigger locks? You make it a law and enforce it. JIM LEHRER: But you can't enforce it in somebody's home, can you?

AL GORE: Well, this -- it would apply initially to all new handguns, and then -- you know -- you take it from there, but the other side is opposed to even that. They talk about voluntary measures. Well, you know, if first-grade gunplay is not serious enough, what does it take, kindergarten? There was a 5-year-old with a loaded gun, firing on a playground before the horrible incident in Michigan that didn't really get much publicity until after the incident in Michigan, so there you've got a kindergartner. Is that enough for concern here? What about nursery school?

I mean, it's ridiculous -- really -- I mean, I think it's absurd, and I mean, I favor a photo license I.D. requirement for the purchase of a new handgun. I favor closing the gun show loophole. What gunshow loophole In fact, I cast the tie-breaking vote in the Senate to close this -- the gun show loophole.favor reinstatement of the three-day waiting period under the Brady Law, toughening of restrictions, toughening of enforcement on the guns laws, and toughening of penalties for violation of the gun law and better enforcement. And when the NRA says they're not enforcing the current law and that's the answer to that, well, they've been in the Congress working to weaken enforcement of the current law - and they're calling the ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) jackbooted thugs and all of this, and of course, the horrible comment from their executive director the other day, which was just --

JIM LEHRER: He said that you and President Clinton don't mind a little violence and killing to further your interests.

AL GORE: Oh, gosh. You know, I've had the experience over and over again as vice president over these last seven years of talking with families who have suffered from gun violence. Oh, gosh. You know, it's -- I was in a hospital yesterday in Miami, and an emergency room nurse introduced me, and the event was on health care. She brought up the issue of gun violence in her introduction. And you know what you said -- she said that they have doctors from Canada that come down on a rotating basis to Dade County to get training in how to treat gunshot wounds because they don't see them up there.. . They come down here, and they get plenty of experience here. Rolling Eyes Try putting a few gangbangin crackdealers on their streets and that will change
You know, this has to be changed, and nobody is talking about taking guns away from owners or sportsmen. These are -- these are red herrings that the NRA throws out as red flags. It's not right. Now, Governor Bush, by contrast, Jim, overturned the 150-year prohibition on concealed weapons in Texas, pushed through legislation to give the gun manufacturers more protections in the form of immunities from lawsuits for the people who are trying to get them to behave more responsibly, has opposed any new gun laws of the kind that the president and I had been proposing, has the strong support of the NRA. I mean, this is a clear issue in the campaign. --------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe as Millions of Americans do that the guy is certifiably NUTS. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Anybody heard of Students For Concealed Carry? They're asking that students with Concealed Pistol Licenses wear empty holsters to class on a day in April - I think the 22nd.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And from Barackos home state one of the most antigun in the nation.

7 Dead in N. Illinois U. Hall Shooting
2008-02-15 07:11:18
By CARYN ROUSSEAU and DEANNA BELLANDI Associated Press Writers

DEKALB, Ill. (AP) — A coroner says another student shot at a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University has died, bringing the toll to seven, including the gunman.

DeKalb County's coroner says four of the victims died in his county. He says two other victims died at hospitals in other counties.

Authorities say the gunman was a former student at the university. They don't know why he fired on a geology class Thursday before committing suicide.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

DEKALB, Ill. (AP) — The gunman who killed five students and wounded 16 others in a hail of bullets at a Northern Illinois University lecture hall knew the campus well: He was a former student.

Investigators and school officials did not immediately know why the man fired on a geology class with a shotgun and two handguns Thursday before committing suicide.

The shooter had been a graduate student in sociology at Northern Illinois as recently as spring 2007, but was not currently enrolled at the 25,000-student campus, University President John Peters said.

"It appears he may have been a student somewhere else," University Police Chief Donald Grady said. "We have no motive and I have no way of knowing what the motive was."

The Chicago Tribune, citing two unidentified law enforcement sources, reported on its Web site Friday that the gunman was a graduate student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Authorities did not release the gunman's name, but Peters said he had no record of police contact or an arrest record while attending Northern Illinois, about 65 miles west of Chicago.

More than a hundred students cried and hugged as they gathered outside the Phi Kappa Alpha house early Friday to remember Dan Parmenter, a 20-year-old sophomore from Elmhurst, who was among those killed.

"I'm not angry," his stepfather, Robert Greer, told the Chicago Tribune. "I'm just sad, and I know that right now what I need to do is comfort my wife."

Witnesses said the gunman, dressed in black and wearing a stocking cap, emerged from behind a screen on the stage of 200-seat Cole Hall and opened fire just as the class was about to end around 3 p.m., sending panicked students fleeing for the exits.

"I kept thinking, `Oh God, he's going to shoot me. Oh God, I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm dead,'" said Desiree Smith, a senior who dropped to the floor near the back of the auditorium. "People were crawling on each other, trampling each other."

Four people died at the scene, including three students and the gunman, while the other two died at hospitals. A graduate student who was leading the class was wounded but was expected to recover.

It was unclear if the gunman shot at random or if he targeted certain students. At least two of the wounded were hospitalized in critical condition.

Lauren Carr said she was sitting in the third row when she saw the shooter walk through a door on the right-hand side of the stage, pointing a gun straight ahead.

"I personally Army-crawled halfway up the aisle," said Carr, a 20-year-old sophomore. "I heard this girl scream, 'Run, he's reloading the gun!'"

Senior Ashley Dallman said she was in an acting class in a neighboring building when several students from Cole Hall came running in. Her professors locked the doors and they listened to news reports on the radio for about an hour before school officials told them they could leave.

"We all started crying," she said. "We didn't know what to do. It was a very intense moment."

George Gaynor, a senior who was in Cole Hall, told the student newspaper the Northern Star that the shooter was "a skinny white guy with a stocking cap on."

Officials said 162 students were registered for the class, but it was unknown how many were attending Thursday. Four of the dead were female and two, including the gunman, were male.

Eighteen victims were brought to Kishwaukee Community Hospital, where one died, according to the hospital's Web site. One male was transferred in critical condition and died at OSF St. Anthony Medical Center in Rockford, an official said.

Minutes after the shooting, students phoned each other and sent text messages even before school officials could warn them, many said. The school Web site announced a possible gunman on campus within 20 minutes of the shots and locked down the campus, part of a new security plan created after a student at Virginia Tech killed 32 people last year.

"This is a tragedy, but from all indications we did everything we could when we found out," said Peters, the university president.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms sent 15 agents to the scene, spokesman Thomas Ahern said. The FBI also was assisting.

Classes were canceled Friday. Students were urged to call their parents and were offered counseling, according to the school Web site.

The university was closed for a day during final exam week in December after campus police found threats, including racial slurs and references to the Virginia Tech shootings, scrawled on a bathroom wall in a dormitory. Police determined there was no imminent threat and the campus was reopened. Peters said he knew of no connection between that incident and Thursday's attack.

The Northern Illinois shooting was the fourth at a U.S. school within a week, following attacks in Baton Rouge, La.; Memphis, Tenn.; and Oxnard, Calif.

———

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:16 am 
last time here

well 2tap. i know where your going with this. should students have
been armed? there were no teachers in the class. another student
was leading the class. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:20 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Arm students hell Barackos home state wont allow any citizen the right of concealed carry. Well unless your one of Dalys butt buddies. Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:43 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

When Michigan passed "Must Issue" and the Castle Doctrine, people predicted the streets would be running with blood. Looks like that only happens in gun free zones & places that ban guns.

When will people figure out that banning guns doesn't work??

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Apparently I missed a good discussion last night! I'll try to catch up.

Andi, in regards to your friends staring at your neighbors' hosues, I often wonder if the Russian couple's friends stare at the lesbians, or the lesbians' friends stare at the Asian family with the chickens. I was always taught that it was rude to stare, but I also find it almost refreshing to know that all types of people are curious about those who are different from themselves, and that includes the people who are different from me.... i guess that takes away my guilt.

Before I met my husband, I thought guns should only be for hunting or minimal protection, but I've since changed my mind. The Right to Bear Arms is there so that the people can overthrow a corrupt or tyrannical government if the need arises. (I LOVED it when they read the Declaration of Independence and the part about that was read... even though its not the amendment, same idea). My husband is worried that the next president or congress or whatever will take away his right to purchase weapons like his M1A or certain ammunition, which he mostly builds and works on as a hobby. Don't get me wrong. We are not a militia family... we don't camp... he doesn't go to meetings out in the woods....

Anyway... if the police have hand guns and the criminals have AK-47s... the solution is not to make it harder for everyone to get AK-47s.... the solution should be to give cops comperable weapons and protection

I think in a college setting, if a student, like any other citizen, has gone through the training and paperwork, they should be able to carry a concealed weapon. In elementery, middle, and high schools... a teacher, like any other citizen, should also be able to carry a concealed weapon, although the whole "gun-free zone" thing might be an issue. You have these high school kids that think, "well if Mrs. Smith can have a gun on school property, so can I..." and then all hell breaks loose...

As far as race goes, I have to say that in this election, more people are talking about the "white vote" and the "male and female vote" than in past elections because we have so many different superficial characteristics in candidates.... a half black man and a white woman....

I think a definition of an "angry white man" is that they do not want anyone speaking for them, which is why they are annoyed when high profile people claim to speak for any group of people. I could be wrong... I'm not black, but americans of african descent (i saw that yesterday on a billboard and I love it) SEEM to be more likely to follow people like Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton and let their words speak for them. Women, white and black, might follow Oprah or whoever, but "angry white men" generally don't have a mouthpiece on tv or otherwise in the media, and i think that's how they prefer it because no man feels the same way about everything, and to let someone speak for you is sort of a "self-disenfranchisement"

Wow.. I wrote more than I meant to. Hope it all makes sense...
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:52 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: