FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Flint mayor threatens to take county land bank to court
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

sure ted.................................. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
dude, you'll always be confused and consumed....
Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Speak to the hand Speak to the hand Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:21 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Ted, I get the impression that you think every problem in the history of Flint is Don's fault.

Dave by no means do I think that.

We elected him the first time to do certain things he promised!
When everything he has done is totally oppisite of what he said he was gonig to do. That's what i blame him for! I only blame him for the problems he has created. Nothing more nothing less.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If he did the exact opposite of what he said, then he's no different than any other politician, is he?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I can only hope that, that is not true.
But he didn't run as a politician. I bought the whole rguement that he was rich and wouldn't play politics with the Citizens money. Would be willing to do the right thing because he didn't owe anyone.

Boy was I wrong. I was stupid for believing him.

I don't like to be made out to be stupid. I can do that all by myself.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Gumby
F L I N T O I D

Look I disagree with Ted on most things that he says but I think we can all agree that "The Don" is a horrible mayor. Lets sue everytime something doesn't go our way.

From what I hear The Land Bank is doing a pretty good job. So you have to jump through a few hoops to get the property on the cheap. So what they are just trying to insure the property doesn't end up back in the hands of someone who will just let it sit for an even longer time. Last I checked people are not beating down the door to join us in living in the city of Flint. What the hell condition does the mayor think that the property that they own should be in considering it has been abandoned for years before they took posession. The Land Bank did not cause the mess that we are in.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:36 pm 
last time here

good point gumby........
i view the land bank as sort of a holding company. one centralized
place for all information. actually, it should make things simpler to
get information on a property that may be here or there. there are
a few "land bank" homes in my neighborhood. some boarded up,
some not. the neighbors chip in to keep the grass cut. sort of a
neighborhood pride thing til the economy gets better. personally,
i've always viewed dan as a good well meaning guy. Confused Wink Confused

i don't know enough about the mayor to say he's "horrible". Cool Cool

Last edited by last time here on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:25 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
I can only hope that, that is not true.
But he didn't run as a politician. I bought the whole rguement that he was rich and wouldn't play politics with the Citizens money. Would be willing to do the right thing because he didn't owe anyone.

Boy was I wrong. I was stupid for believing him.

I don't like to be made out to be stupid. I can do that all by myself.

I wouldn't necessarily, construe him a politician like you happened to also, I don't either. But, one can look at it in this light. He was/is a business man, used to running a business, not a governmental entity.

In a business, if you are a bad manager, you can threaten everyone with termination of employment if you don't get your way. If you are a bad manager you can also practice nepotism and get your friends in as high paid, whatever.

He is finding that he is set with parameters according to the Charter(?) and is finding it frustrating that he cannot control things the way that he did in the private sector....hence the lawsuits. My opinion anyway.

A fine example is of the newspaper delivery man that he called the police to arrest a couple of years ago.

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:52 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Valid POINTS! Your being generous too.

Just to add to that. The Don just ran out his top salesman that he had at the dealership "Patsy Lou Williamson" for years. He is now working for Randy Wise. So if your looking for a car, and your salesman. You'll have to go to randy Wise and See Oliver there!

Don is such a putz!
Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:21 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Valid POINTS! Your being generous too.

Just to add to that. The Don just ran out his top salesman that he had at the dealership "Patsy Lou Williamson" for years. He is now working for Randy Wise. So if your looking for a car, and your salesman. You'll have to go to randy Wise and See Oliver there!

Don is such a putz!
Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:21 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well in Two weeks I should have Dan Kildee on the Show to talk about the Land bank. I think many will find it very informative. I learned alot. Had a good time taping it. Now I have to get throught the Editing.

I may do a few more shows on things going on with the Land Bank. People don't know much about it. But I will pass on some of what I learned.

The land bank is trying not to put houses up for Auction. As GUmby Said. They want to get these in the hands of people that will fix them up or maintain them. Out of all the houses they auctioned. 2/3 of them came back to the land bank. Out of all the houses they sold. less than one percent came back. But many poeple just make comments using thier personal feelings or limited knowledge or understanding of the whole problem. Thus why people tend to disagree with facts! Becuase their feelings get too much in the way. There's a reason the coach isn't on the feild playing the game.
Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:37 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Excerpts from the Genesee County Land Bank website:
http://www.thelandbank.org/aboutus.asp

Our Mission: To manage land obtained through foreclosure, gift, or purchase in such a way as to return those properties to the tax roll, when appropriate, to a higher and better condition than when received.
---
"The GCLBA uses the new tax law as a constructive community development tool: avoiding the potential neglect or misuse that comes from selling land at auction, the County is able to acquire abandoned land through the foreclosure process and determine the best use of that land. The GCLBA assembles land for transfer to adjacent homeowners, develops long and short-term green spaces, and assembles land for new housing and commercial development. The objective is to restore the integrity of the community by removing dilapidated structures and redeveloping abandoned properties."
---
In addition to the regular staff, the Genesee County Land Bank is governed by a Board of Directors made up of representatives from the Genesee County Board of Commissioners, City of Flint and Flint Township. The current board members are listed below:

The Land Bank Board of Directors:
Chairperson......................Dan Kildee
Vice-Chairperson.............Raynetta Speed
Secretary..........................Patricia Lockwood
Treasurer.........................Woodrow Stanley
General Member..............Carolyn Sims
---
Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:39 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Wouldn't it be interesting to see more representation since the "outbound" areas aren't represented? Those would make for interesting meetings....<evil grin>

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:47 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Well, you could go to the website and see how many properties from out-county are in the possession of the Land Bank and see what proportion of representatives should be on the Board. I didn't look that far. Maybe it will be covered on Ted's show. When will it be aired, Ted?
Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:20 pm 
last time here

that should be an interesting show.... Wink Wink

Post Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:31 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I'm in te middle fo editing it now. I have some time pertenant information that I want to amke sure is available. I didn't cover anything really dealing with the "Out COunty" as my focus is mainly what affects Flint.

I did find more consolation as to what I've been talking about when it comes to how to get Flint on the RIght track. I wish I could get thesepeople that have all these so called feelings for Flint too get up to speed and help make changes instead of just feelin for Flint or just looking at the surface problems and coming up with their own conclusion and leaving out the soruce because in their own little world they cannot see the forrest becuse of all the trees in the way.

I learned a lot about what it is going to take to fix Flint. I'm more convinceed now more than ever that if we fix the crime problem at the source. We can Turn Flint around rather quickly. As long as we continue to blame things that have little or now affect on Crime such as Poverty or Unemployement we will continue to remain in the vicous cycle of crime that we have come accept becuase people are too poor or Unemployed o control themselves and take responsibility for thier actions.

I'm more convinced now that we need less officers and more resolve to put criminals behind bars, more than ever,

Fix crime and Jobs will come and poverty will diminish.

My shows air Saturday at 5:00 PM and Sundays at 8:30 PM. uuntil Comcast and our legislatuers win and we looose control of the station.
Post Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:10 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: