FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Did you know
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

thank you ponycar! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:28 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

I agree. Congratulations on your retirement!
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:43 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Congrats and thanks from here, too.
Last year a neighbor had 2 of her sons get out of the Army. The younger after 6 years and 3 tours to the sandbox. The older after 20 years in special ops and MANY trips to the sandbox. You know those people that point the laser at the targets for the smart bombs?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Your welcome and thanks to all of you. I consider it an honor to have served our great nation and if I had it to do again, I would in a heartbeat. I know lots of people disagree, but I think Iraqi freedom is a just and nobel cause based on things I seen, WMD,s we just one of several issues.

Dave Starr, My son is currently active duty in the Army as a metal worker. He is stationed in Korea close to the DMZ.
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
I know lots of people disagree, but I think Iraqi freedom is a just and nobel cause based on things I seen, WMD,s we just one of several issues.

Agreed 100% Pony...Thank you and God Bless!
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Ponycar.Welcome back.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions, Tells 60 Minutes Former ...Jan 27, 2008 ... In his first television interview, FBI Agent George Piro tells Scott Pelley how he won the confidence of Saddam Hussein and got the truth ...
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/24/60minutes/main3749494.shtml
Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:55 pm 
last time here

that was interesting......no wmd...

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:59 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
that was interesting......no wmd...
Well, yes, at one time there were. Saddam told the interrogator how and when they were destroyed, and I believe he said they were gone long before the inspectors came. Also, he wanted people to believe he had them because he thought it prevented Iran from attacking Iraq--a sort of protection. If you read the whole story, it's quite interesting, including the part about what caused his attack on Iran (an insulting statement about women).
Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:26 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Yes he did have WMD,s. He used them before on his own people. I was in the region the 1st time Pres Clinton ordered airstrikes on Baghdad. Why, because Saddam kicked the UN weapons inspectors out. One of the cease fire agreements was that Saddam was to allow weapons inspectors in the country and inspect for WMD,s. He would not allow them to do their job. Saddam played this game with us and the world until we invaded and continued to be defiant til the very end. Violation of that alone was reason to go in there and kick his tail. He didn't keep his side of the cease fire agreement.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:44 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
Your welcome and thanks to all of you. I consider it an honor to have served our great nation and if I had it to do again, I would in a heartbeat. I know lots of people disagree, but I think Iraqi freedom is a just and nobel cause based on things I seen, WMD,s we just one of several issues.

Dave Starr, My son is currently active duty in the Army as a metal worker. He is stationed in Korea close to the DMZ.

Every time I'm at am event where the National anthem is played, I look at the flag & think: "I'd do it again". Provided they'd have me at 66!
The next time i think it's cold here I'll think about your son. Thank him for me.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Dave. When I talk to him ( they are able to use cell phones to call home now wheneer they want. When I was on a hardship tour, we got to make one 15 minute morale call a month that went through about 5 operators and the worst echo you ever heard), he talks about having to go on field exercises and how cold it is. I cringe but think, he's a young man, he can handle it. I was never in Korea, but I was was in Germany and that was cold too. The off duty time there made up for everything that wasn't so pleasant.

I speak for most veterans when I say, most of us who have served are very proud of our service. Thanks to you Dave for serving.
Post Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:26 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: