FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Who is Obama?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

none of them tell me how to think.
i use my own brain.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:24 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Ponycar, you're passing along an "urban legend" full of untruths. The allegations are refuted in detail at:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:56 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Funny how much of it is code for not wanting a black president.

At this point, I am finally convinced that 9/11 was impossible to predict. And yes, I know about the Daily Presidential Brief, I know about the fiction stories that covered the possibility of a plane as a weapon, ad nauseum. But to think it would actually *work*, I don't think even bin Laden predicted it would go so easily.

I'm reading a book called "Black Swan": the principle is that it's the things we don't use our imagination for, the things we don't know, that change the world. So people had seen millions and millions of white swans, assuming then that all swans must be white.

It took only one black swan to change that forever. That's the thing they COULDN'T know that changed everything. He argues that 9/11 is also a black swan, and quite convincingly.

Excellent read, I would highly recommend it.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:15 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

While your at it check out the Movie "The kingdom" with Jamie Fox and Jennifer Garner. Although its a Hollywood piece of fiction the events it portrays and how they are carried out shows very graphically what may be coming to a city near you. Shocked

quote:
Funny how much of it is code for not wanting a black president.

Dont ya find it amusing that the acclaimed "first Black president" and his wife are the ones who are doing all they can to prevent that event from ever occuring. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: