FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Who is Obama?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

>
> Who is Barack Obama?
>
> Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was
> born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr, a black MUSLIM
> from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHIEST from Wichita,
> Kansas.
>
> Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii. When Obama was
> two year s old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His
> mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia.
>
> When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocate to Indonesia.
> Obama attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a
> Catholic school.
>
> Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim.
> He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also
> attended Catholic school.'
>
> Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear
> that he is not a radical.
>
> Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that
> this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama
> returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct
> influence over his son's education.
>
> Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann
> Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi
> school in Jakarta.
>
> Wahabism is the RADICAL teaching that is followed by the
> Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world.
> Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major
> public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the
> United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background.
> ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the
> Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.
>
> Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience
> nor will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their
> hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.
>
> Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected
> presidential candidacy.
>
> The Mus lims have said they plan on destroying the US from the
> inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through
> the President of the United States, one of their own!!!!
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:32 am 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Barack Obama is the man who currently holds 49% of the National Democratic Party allocated Convention Delegates and will be President of the Unites States. Your problem?
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Your problem?

I believe they were just stated. Laughing I do have to say that I am sure the terrorists would prefer him over John Mccain given the liberals track record on fighting them and their "Cant we all just get along philposphy". In fact that could be why we have not had an attack since 911 as they are waiting for another do nothing prez to take over. If anyone believes we can "negotiate" with these nutcases I guess Barack Hussein Obama will be your choice.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:43 am 
last time here

that was about the silliest piece of trash i've read in months.

i've studied other religions too. thats what people with working
brains do. does that mean he is a muslim? has he ever stated
he is a muslim?

that type of closed mindedness has negatively affected this country
for much too long. talk about paranoid. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:49 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Has he ever stated that he is a muslim ? Do you really think he will if he want's to get elected?

2 tap makes a good point. When is the last time you heard about terrorist attacks being carried out on Americans anywhere ? There have been planned attacks, but all stopped before the execution phase could be carried out.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:42 pm 
last time here

ha ha ha...ponycar....

such silliness... Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:44 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Just look at the timeline.

An increasingly bold series of terrorist attacks targeting American interests was met with tough talk from former President Bill Clinton but little action, according to terrorism experts asked to analyze the U.S. response to attacks between 1993 and 2000.
Larry Johnson, formerly with the CIA and the State Department and the current CEO of the Business Exposure Reduction Group, said he believes Clinton's weak response to the terrorist attacks that occurred during his presidency paved the way for the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

"The Clinton administration paid lip service to the notion of combating terrorism through some money added, but generally kept it as a very low priority," Johnson said.

1993 World Trade Center Bombing

On Feb. 26, 1993, a car bomb was detonated at the World Trade Center in New York City, killing six people and injuring thousands. The bomb caused extensive damage to the complex. Osama bin Laden is suspected to have been behind the attacks.

In reacting to the attack, Clinton urged calm.

"I would plead with the American people and the good people of New York to keep your courage up and go on about your lives. I would discourage the American people from overreacting to this," Clinton said.

Clinton assured Americans that he had put forth "the full, full resources of the federal law enforcement agencies - all kinds of agencies, all kinds of access to information - at the service of those who are trying to figure out who did this and why."

He also said he would implement a policy of "continued monitoring."

Clinton said the United States was "absolutely determined to oppose the cowardly cruelty of terrorists, wherever we can."

Despite his rhetoric, Clinton made no changes in policy to prevent additional attacks, Johnson said.

"From the time President Clinton took office until May of 1995, a Presidential Decision Directive, PDD 39, sat in the National Security Council, in the In Box of one of the officials with no action taken. The significance of PDD 39 is that it was the document defining what the missions and roles were of combating terrorism," Johnson said.

"Despite what happened at the World Trade Center in 1993, the Clinton administration did not finally act on [PDD 39] until after the attack in Oklahoma City," Johnson said, referring to the 1995 incident in which an American, Timothy McVeigh, detonated a bomb outside the federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people.

"The only reason for that is because in the two weeks prior to Oklahoma City, the front page of both Newsweek and Time Magazine carried the question: 'Is President Clinton Relevant?'"

Chuck Pena, senior defense analyst for the Cato Institute, agreed that Clinton's actions following the 1993 attack failed to match his words. But, Pena said, the circumstances were different than they are today.

"[Clinton's] actions were not necessarily 100 percent reflective of his rhetoric nor were they effective," however, "there are some reasons for some of that. At the time, we were not looking at four or five thousand casualties as a result of a single terrorist act."

1996 Khobar Towers Bombing

On June 25, 1996, terrorists attacked the U.S. military complex and Khobar Towers in Saudi Arabia, killing 19 Americans and wounding hundreds more.

Shiite militant terrorists with connections to bin Laden are thought to have been responsible for the attacks.

In a televised statement, Clinton addressed the nation with news about the bombing:

"The explosion appears to be the work of terrorists. The cowards who committed this murderous act must not go unpunished," Clinton said. "America takes care of its own."

Johnson said Clinton did nothing of the sort.

According to Johnson, early indications were that the explosive used in the bombing of the Khobar Towers came out of the Becca Valley in Lebanon. A year later, however, President Clinton restored full diplomatic relations with Lebanon including lifting travel restrictions and trade restrictions, Johnson said, "without requiring them to locate, arrest, apprehend or compensate U.S. citizens. He just let it go."

Pena said one must consider that terrorism was not the high-priority issue it is today.

"Part of it reflects, at that time, a certain tolerance for terrorism that was, compared to September 11, pretty small scale. I think the Clinton administration may have been overly cautious about not wanting to respond disproportionately to the terrorist acts that were perpetrated."

1998 Embassy Bombings

On Aug. 7, 1998, terrorists bombed the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, killing 258 people. More than 5,000 were injured.

The attacks were blamed on bin Laden's terrorist group, al Qaeda, which by this time had developed into a worldwide network.

On Aug. 20, 1998, President Clinton ordered cruise missile attacks on suspected terrorist training camps in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical plant in Khartoum, Sudan.

"Our target was terror. Our mission was clear: to strike at the network of radical groups affiliated with and funded by Osama bin Laden, perhaps the pre-eminent organizer and financier of international terrorism in the world today," Clinton said at the time.

Clinton told Americans that U.S. intelligence had uncovered information tying the bin Laden terrorist network to the embassy bombings.

"With compelling evidence that the bin Laden network of terrorist groups was planning to mount further attacks against Americans and other freedom-loving people, I decided America must act," Clinton said.

"Afghanistan and Sudan have been warned for years to stop harboring and supporting these terrorist groups, but countries that persistently host terrorist have no right to safe havens," he added.

Johnson said Clinton's tough talk again yielded no results.

"Clinton was always good about biting his lip, tears welling up in his baggy eyes and talking about, 'we're waging a new war on terrorism,' and yet also during this period he basically cut the heart out of CIA," Johnson said.

2000 USS Cole Bombing

On Oct. 12, 2000, terrorists bombed the USS Cole as it sat in the Yemeni port of Aden. The bomb killed 17 U.S. sailors. American officials quickly linked the attack to bin Laden and al Qaeda.

The Global News Wire reported President Clinton's response:

"If, as it now appears, it was an act of terrorism, it was a despicable and cowardly act, Clinton said.

"We will find out who was responsible, and hold them accountable. If their intention was to deter us from our mission of promoting peace and security in the Middle East, they will fail, utterly."

Clinton ordered U.S. Navy ships into the Yemeni region and directed ground forces to step up their security measures.

"They spent a lot of money but it was always a symbolic gesture without the substantive approach," Johnson said.

The Bush administration, according to Johnson, is handling the issue differently since Sept. 11. However, Johnson is waiting to see if Bush will keep his promise to continue the war on terrorism even after the campaign in Afghanistan is over.

Robert Maginnis, vice president of policy at the Family Research Council, said, "There seems to be a willingness to confront the adversaries by Bush no matter where they may be and to keep everything on the table."

"This president has been serious. 'We are going to take everything that we have and whatever it takes will be available for the commander on the ground.' But Clinton seemed to have been so hesitant about using the power that was available to him to go after the bad guys.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:04 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I remember reading how surprised Bin Laden and his cohorts were at the response after 911 saying they expected the same lackluster approach of the Clinton administration. I am sure they look forward to another Lib at the helm. Rolling Eyes
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:39 pm 
last time here

and clinton's approach to terrorism has what to do with obama? Cool

idiots with boxcutters ursurped the intelligence capability of the
united states and others? you really believe that? Laughing Laughing Laughing

you kats need to turn limbaugh and hannity OFF!

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:07 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well Clinton had em handed to him several times and refused to take him out. Didnt want to jeopradize that possible Noble peace prize by upsetting anyone in the mideast.
-----------------------------Aide: Clinton Unleashed bin Laden
Chuck Noe, NewsMax.com
Thursday, Dec. 6, 2001
Bill Clinton ignored repeated opportunities to capture Osama bin Laden and his terrorist allies and is responsible for the spread of terrorism, one of the ex-president’s own top aides charges.
Mansoor Ijaz, who negotiated with Sudan on behalf of Clinton from 1996 to 1998, paints a portrait of a White House plagued by incompetence, focused on appearances rather than action, and heedless of profound threats to national security.

Ijaz also claims Clinton passed on an opportunity to have Osama bin Laden arrested.

Sudanese President Omar Hassan Ahmed Bashir, hoping to have terrorism sanctions lifted, offered the arrest and extradition of bin Laden and "detailed intelligence data about the global networks constructed by Egypt's Islamic Jihad, Iran's Hezbollah and the Palestinian Hamas,” Ijaz writes in today’s edition of the liberal Los Angeles Times.

These networks included the two hijackers who piloted jetliners into the World Trade Center.

But Clinton and National Security Adviser Samuel "Sandy” Berger failed to act.

”I know because I negotiated more than one of the opportunities,” Ijaz writes.

”The silence of the Clinton administration in responding to these offers was deafening."

Thank Clinton for 'Hydra-like Monster'

”As an American Muslim and a political supporter of Clinton, I feel now, as I argued with Clinton and Berger then, that their counter-terrorism policies fueled the rise of bin Laden from an ordinary man to a Hydra-like monster,” says Ijaz, chairman of a New York investment company and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

Ijaz’s revelations are but the latest to implicate the Clinton administration in the spread of terrorism. Former CIA and State Department official Larry Johnson today also noted the failure of Clinton to do more than talk.

Among the many others who have pointed out Clinton’s negligence: former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger, former Clinton adviser Dick Morris, the late author Barbara Olson, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Iraqi expert Laurie Mylroie, the CIA and some of the victims of Sept. 11.

And the list grows: members of Congress, pundit Charles R. Smith, former Department of Energy official Notra Trulock, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, government counterterrorism experts, the law firm Judicial Watch, New Jersey gubernatorial candidate Bret Schundler, the liberal Boston Globe – and even Clinton himself.

The Buck Stops Nowhere

Ijaz's account in the Times reads like a spy novel. Sudan’s Bashir, fearing the rise of bin Laden, sent intelligence officials to the U.S. in February 1996. They offered to arrest bin Laden and extradite him to Saudi Arabia or to keep close watch over him. The Saudis "didn't want their home-grown terrorist back where he might plot to overthrow them.”

”In May 1996, the Sudanese capitulated to U.S. pressure and asked bin Laden to leave, despite their feeling that he could be monitored better in Sudan than elsewhere.”

That’s when bin Laden went to Afghanistan, along with "Ayman Zawahiri, considered by the U.S. to be the chief planner of the Sept. 11 attacks; Mamdouh Mahmud Salim, who traveled frequently to Germany to obtain electronic equipment for al-Qaeda; Wadih El-Hage, Bin Laden's personal secretary and roving emissary, now serving a life sentence in the U.S. for his role in the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya; and Fazul Abdullah Mohammed and Saif Adel, also accused of carrying out the embassy attacks.”

If these names sound familiar, just check the FBI's list of most-wanted terrorists.

The Clinton administration repeatedly rejected crucial information that Sudan had gathered on these terrorists, Ijaz says.

In July 2000, just three months before the deadly attack on the destroyer USS Cole in Yemen, Ijaz "brought the White House another plausible offer to deal with bin Laden, by then known to be involved in the embassy bombings. A senior counter-terrorism official from one of the United States' closest Arab allies - an ally whose name I am not free to divulge - approached me with the proposal after telling me he was fed up with the antics and arrogance of U.S. counter-terrorism officials.”

This offer would have brought bin Laden to that Arab country and eventually to the U.S. All the proposal required of Clinton was that he make a state visit to request extradition.

"But senior Clinton officials sabotaged the offer, letting it get caught up in internal politics within the ruling family - Clintonian diplomacy at its best.”

[quote] and clinton's approach to terrorism has what to do with obama?[/ quote] Obama is a lib like Clinton and libs dont fight terrorism. Laughing
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:41 pm 
last time here

exactly what is a "liberal"...
i find it amazing some allow those overpaid talking heads
to define "conservative" and "liberal". limbaugh, hannity and
all the rest of them care absolutely nothing about you. they only
care to enrich themselves by allowing you to pay them big money
buying their book, seeing them live or having dinner with them and 3,000
other sheep. Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool

at $100.00 a plate..."theres a sucker born every day"

was it w.c.fields?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by last time here on Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
$100.00 a plate..."theres a sucker born every day"

Thats some pretty cheap eating to be surrounded by such brillant minds.
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:44 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I remember reading how surprised Bin Laden and his cohorts were at the response after 911 saying they expected the same lackluster approach of the Clinton administration. I am sure they look forward to another Lib at the helm. Rolling Eyes

Where did you hear that from? http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/01/binladen.tape/index.html
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:45 pm 
last time here

probably from shill o'reilly....now theres another one...... Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:52 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
exactly what is a "liberal"...

Well you know who you get your marching orders from so Ill just list a few of them. Jane fonda, Rosie Odonnel, Mike Moore, George soros, Sean Penn, Danny glover,San Fran Nan pelosi, Ted Kennedy, Dan Rather, PMSNBC, CNN,ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, MTV, Hillary, Willy, Barko Hussein, Al Sharpton Jesse Jackass, damn I could be here all day. Sure am glad I not part of that hoard of liars. Laughing And you whine about a few right wingers spreading the word. Rolling Eyes Sounds like your afraid of the facts getting out there. Laughing Laughing Laughing Rush and Hannity beat em all. Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:10 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: