FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Kildee endorses Clinton after Michigan votes

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080206/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_endorsements_1;_ylt=Am.AAY6fPdTpjy66Wlvq3AZh24cA

LANSING, Mich. - Hillary Rodham Clinton picked up endorsements Wednesday from two veteran Michigan congressmen, adding to her cache of potential superdelegates should Michigan and Florida prevail in their effort to be counted at the Democratic National Convention in August.

Democrats John Dingell and Dale Kildee said Clinton has the experience and skills to become president. The lawmakers were uncommitted in Michigan's primary last month.

Dingell, first elected in 1955, is longest serving member of either party in the House. As chairman of the House Energy and Committee, he was a key ally of the former first lady in her unsuccessful 1994 effort to pass health care reform legislation.

In making his endorsement, Dingell said he's impressed by the energy and enthusiasm Illinois Sen. Barack Obama has brought to the Democratic nomination contest. But he said Clinton has the best understanding of health care and manufacturing issues.

"I choose the candidate who I believe will stand up for Michigan's working families, whose keen intellect and strong convictions will make her an ally to our struggling state, and whose will and determination will make her a leader who will move our nation forward," Dingell said in a release.

Kildee said he has worked with Clinton on education issues and believes the New York senator will bring about real change in the country.

Although Michigan has been stripped of its convention delegates for violating party rules by moving up its primary to Jan. 15, state party officials expect Michigan's delegates eventually to be seated.

Clinton a week and a half ago said she planned to ask her convention delegates to support seating the delegations from Michigan and Florida, which also was stripped of its delegates. Obama has not said if he will do the same.

Superdelegates are members of Congress, governors and other party leaders who are not selected in primaries and caucuses, and who are also free to change their minds.

They join five other Michigan superdelegates who already have committed to Clinton: Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Lt. Gov. John Cherry, Democratic National Committee member Joel Ferguson, Sen. Debbie Stabenow and Rep. Sander Levin.
Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:08 pm 
last time here

i will vote for whomever is chosen as the democratic challenger.

yes, i'd have appreciated voting for whomever i chose!!

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Their aint dimes difference between Barako and Hillary as far as being liberal whackos but I hope hillary is the nominee. Being the most despised, devious, and phony woman in the US she will unleash a flood of before stay at home voters who will go to the polls just to vote against her. GO HILLARY Laughing

quote:
health care and manufacturing issues.

Ya she sure does when her old man was prez and the Dems controled both houses she couldnt get her own party to support her crazy destroy the economy healthcare plan. Manufacturing?? When has she ever been involved in that or even run a business of her own??? Lets not forget who was prez when Buick City closed its doors.

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:25 pm 
last time here

so...i assume romney's your man?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

whoaaaaaaaaa..buick city????? that was closed soley because of the
inability of both management and union to work toward a common goal.

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The only reason i mentioned Buick city was the program I watched that had fat Mike setting at one of the buick citygates blameing Bush for its closing. If its OK for libs to spread the crap around why not the goodguys? Nobodys MY MAN but I will vote Against any of the current lib dems. Laughing

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:14 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Good Job Dale!!

quote:
Adam schreef:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080206/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_endorsements_1;_ylt=Am.AAY6fPdTpjy66Wlvq3AZh24cA

LANSING, Mich. - Hillary Rodham Clinton picked up endorsements Wednesday from two veteran Michigan congressmen, adding to her cache of potential superdelegates should Michigan and Florida prevail in their effort to be counted at the Democratic National Convention in August.

Democrats John Dingell and Dale Kildee said Clinton has the experience and skills to become president. The lawmakers were uncommitted in Michigan's primary last month.

Dingell, first elected in 1955, is longest serving member of either party in the House. As chairman of the House Energy and Committee, he was a key ally of the former first lady in her unsuccessful 1994 effort to pass health care reform legislation.

In making his endorsement, Dingell said he's impressed by the energy and enthusiasm Illinois Sen. Barack Obama has brought to the Democratic nomination contest. But he said Clinton has the best understanding of health care and manufacturing issues.

"I choose the candidate who I believe will stand up for Michigan's working families, whose keen intellect and strong convictions will make her an ally to our struggling state, and whose will and determination will make her a leader who will move our nation forward," Dingell said in a release.

Kildee said he has worked with Clinton on education issues and believes the New York senator will bring about real change in the country.

Although Michigan has been stripped of its convention delegates for violating party rules by moving up its primary to Jan. 15, state party officials expect Michigan's delegates eventually to be seated.

Clinton a week and a half ago said she planned to ask her convention delegates to support seating the delegations from Michigan and Florida, which also was stripped of its delegates. Obama has not said if he will do the same.

Superdelegates are members of Congress, governors and other party leaders who are not selected in primaries and caucuses, and who are also free to change their minds.

They join five other Michigan superdelegates who already have committed to Clinton: Gov. Jennifer Granholm, Lt. Gov. John Cherry, Democratic National Committee member Joel Ferguson, Sen. Debbie Stabenow and Rep. Sander Levin.

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Jeez Ryan what did you think Kildee was gonna do?

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:25 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Well tune in tonight and watch Flint's Son Michael Moore!

Michael Moore, Flinit will be live on Larry King tonight, Wednesday, February 6th, 2008.

Tune in to CNN at 9:00 PM ET (Rerun at 12 Midnight ET).

Thanks!

Ryan Eashoo
www.RyanEashoo.com

MichaelMoore.com

quote:
twotap schreef:
The only reason i mentioned Buick city was the program I watched that had fat Mike setting at one of the buick citygates blameing Bush for its closing. If its OK for libs to spread the crap around why not the goodguys? Nobodys MY MAN but I will vote Against any of the current lib dems. Laughing

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Since I never waste my time with CNN, I'm sure I won't miss a thing.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Well, if Hillary stands up for Michigan working families as well as her husband did! Michigan will pass right to work and we'll be outsourcing the last of our jobs to China.

Good Choice! Sure I'm for that!
Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: