FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Caroline offering site for telecommuters

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

In case anyone misses my point. Should Flint/Genesee County do something like this? I'm almost 100% certain we would have the unused space for something like this.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2008/012008/01272008/351534

Starting Friday, Caroline County residents wishing to telecommute to work can do so from the Community Services Center.

Every Friday in February from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the county will offer free wireless Internet access and work spaces for telecommuting by Caroline residents.

County staff will monitor the pilot program through the month to measure the level of interest.

"If there is sufficient interest and participation, the program will continue beyond February," a county news release said.

Floyd Thomas, chairman of the Board of Supervisors, initiated the program and announced the trial last week.

The county is working with Virginia Broadband to bring wireless access to the Community Services Center, adjacent to Bowling Green Primary School in Bowling Green.

Information Technology Manager J.P. Montague said work spaces will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Partitions will separate work spaces to give users privacy.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:33 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: