FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Letter from Dayne Walling : Echoes of Victory in Flint
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dear Friends,

With all of the excitement around Super Tuesday, I miss campaigning and I so wish I could have won the election here in Flint. With so much talk of change, I keep wondering why voters in Flint settled for so little last November.

I have to tell you that it has been a struggle to wake up every day and know that a convicted felon and con man found a way to get 581 more votes than I did in this city that I love so much. But as I go through each day at meetings, at the gas station, at the schools where I drop off our children, I meet people who encourage me and share with me how much hope our campaign brought to their lives. These echoes of victory are powerful.

As I said on election night, we had to concede this election, but we are not conceding the fight for Flint’s future. I hold to that as strongly as ever and am continuing to work to build a strong foundation for another run. So one of the things I have to do is meet all of the campaign’s financial obligations and get all of our debts paid.

I am asking you to please make a contribution to Friends of Dayne Walling

Thanks so very much for all that you have done. I know we would not have come this far without you. And together, with time on our side, we will bring change home to Flint.

Yours Truly,

Dayne

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Still can't find an honest job for real wages, eh?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
greengal5874
F L I N T O I D

Let me get this straight! Dayne Walling runs for Mayor of the Great City of Flint, and runs on the platform that Mayor Williamson isn't running a balanced budget city, and has no skills. He also runs on the issues of he has experience running goverment agencies.

However, the guy runs a campaign and over spends... LOL
How is this guy any different? He couldn't even spend within his means and over spent on his campaign. How is that responsible? What does that say about him?

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm 
greengal5874
F L I N T O I D

His wife just got a job at U of M, so now they can pay the bills again I hear!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Still can't find an honest job for real wages, eh?

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:24 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

The letter is addressed to "Friends" and says "I have to tell you that it has been a struggle to wake up every day." Sad, have the Michigan Democrats abandoned him? I thought the Michigan Democrats financed his campaign. Also, wasn't there a refusal on the part of the Walling campaign to disclose his campaign finance figures publicly? Where can we see the final campaign finance report for the Walling campaign? Facts, figures, who's owed?

Last edited by 00SL2 on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:16 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Democrats abandoning their own?? Why who ever heard of such a thing. Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:45 am 
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

Didn't Dayne say during the campaign that city hall was wrong about the cities financial situation? He said that the city was millions in debt and the Mayor even sent out letters on the citizen's bill to prove that we weren't in debt. Judging from the news of the last few days, it seems as though Mr. Walling was right.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

"convicted felon and con man"...
dude, i am SO tired of negative compaigning..

i am NOT impressed... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by last time here on Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:16 pm 
Sara Simmons
F L I N T O I D

I voted for Walling, but this letter makes him sound like a sad, sore loser. I'm afraid his arrogance lost him the election and he hasn't learned his lesson. He needs to be more gracious in defeat.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:39 pm 
last time here

yo dbl.OH!!!! explain "different opponent" please...

is there something cooking?? Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:53 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
I have to tell you that it has been a struggle to wake up every day and know that a convicted felon and con man found a way to get 581 more votes than I did in this city that I love so much. But as I go through each day at meetings, at the gas station, at the schools where I drop off our children, I meet people who encourage me and share with me how much hope our campaign brought to their lives. These echoes of victory are powerful.

Yours Truly,

Dayne

Steve...is that for real or did you make it up?

I really thought Dayne had more class than that.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:31 pm 
last time here

waiting for that answer..........
i've never met the kid but i'd assume
he was taught better than that!! Shocked

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:34 pm 
last time here

did anybody find out whether or not that was
a real communication from mr.walling?? Shocked

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:45 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes it is real.
From the Friends of Dayne Walling.
Full Email:

code:
Dear Friends,

With all of the excitement around Super Tuesday, I miss campaigning and I so wish I could have won the election here in Flint. With so much talk of change, I keep wondering why voters in Flint settled for so little last November.

As I said on election night, we had to concede this election, but we are not conceding the fight for Flint’s future. I hold to that as strongly as ever and am continuing to work to build a strong foundation for another run. So one of the things I have to do is meet all of the campaign’s financial obligations and get all of our debts paid.

I am asking you to please make a contribution to Friends of Dayne Walling by clicking here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=daynewalling%40gmail%2ecom&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

You are also welcome to send a check to the PO Box:

FRIENDS OF DAYNE WALLING

P.O. Box 937

Flint, MI 48501

Thanks so very much for all that you have done. I know we would not have come this far without you. And together, with time on our side, we will bring change home to Flint.

Yours Truly,

Dayne

Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

man oh man.....he really has bad advisors...he may not have
written this venemous piece, but i assume he had to O.K. it
before print. thats too bad. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:45 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: