FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Offline meeting???

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I think it would be a good idea to maybe have either a monthly or quaterly or perhaps even just a once a year offline meeting for Flinttalk.com and Flintcitizen. I think sometimes people don't realize how you completely loose tone of voice when you are writing online. A lot of times words cen easily get read the wrong way and if you don't personally know the person writing them pretty well you could easily take things the wrong way. This is just an idea I had.

Adam Ford
Post Mon May 22, 2006 1:12 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
I think it would be a good idea to maybe have either a monthly or quarterly or perhaps even just a once a year offline meeting for Flinttalk.com and Flintcitizen.

Cool ideal ! I would like to meet some of the people that post to this forum. I would even foot the bill for food and drink if there if there is enough interest in the idea.

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
I think sometimes people don't realize how you completely loose tone of voice when you are writing online. A lot of times words cen easily get read the wrong way and if you don't personally know the person writing them pretty well you could easily take things the wrong way. This is just an idea I had.

I agree, people interpreted post as rude or condescending. I am guilty of this!!
Post Mon May 22, 2006 2:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I'm up for meeting together. How about the WHite Horse?

We can take over the former "RUSH" room.
Post Mon May 22, 2006 9:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

I'd say as long as we can get at least a couple more people we could have a decent event. There's a pretty cool pool hall on Fenton Rd. that I like that has 50 cent pool if anone likes to shoot pool. The white horse would work too or wherever everyone wants to meet. I generally have every Monday, Thursday and Friday off.
Post Mon May 22, 2006 10:20 pm 
ellwoodflint

I'd show just to say hello..........
Post Tue May 23, 2006 2:31 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

I would be interested. Heres why. Some issues you just better understand by in person discussion. I have learned a lot on the Fliint Boards. I can foot some of the bill.
Terry Bankert 6/1/06
Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OK let's set a date.

I agree with Terry, discussion in person is many times much different than online.

thoe that know me, Know I'm pretty "Hard charging" (to steal one of my military gung ho terms) on things I believe in.

I'm always excited to talk to people with like and opposing veiws. In today's age of political correctness. Too many issues are never discussed to resoultion. Thus why we have so many problems.

And a meeting by people face to face. Doesn't have to even be about what we discuss here. I'd like to get to know more of you offline. And more about where you've come from how your ideas have been formed.

I wouldn't even mind a little organization to the meeting. Just some introductions and brief bio's. I think it'd be fun.
Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

How about a Monday evening? That should work for Terry Ted and I think Steve. I'd also like to see Rapunzel there as she is in tons of stuff. What time can you make it Ted? I was thinking 6 or 7pm would be good but I'm just throwing out ideas.
Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:12 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I work Mondays and Thursdays until 8:00PM
Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:05 pm 
rapunzel

My daughter and I are booked for the next two weeks. End o the year girls scout party ect. Now if her father actually picks her up for the weekend. I could kick someones butt on the POOL table!@
Little rusty.

Heads up, adam ...Patsy Lou is reaching out to womens groups.

You only have to beat one person in the primary to get on the NOV ballot.
Post Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:04 am 
Adam

I think we can wait for you rapunzel. Maybe you can take Ted to school on the pool table so you can get some practice. I wouldn't want to beat you too bad. Smile lol I wonder if Ehren would come to the meeting?

For the campaign thing unless the phone calls work out for me I'm pretty much toast. I thought young people would actually care about politics especially with no jobs and young people dying in iraq. I was wrong! Maybe I can get Ted and Steve to help out since you're not allowed. Sad Fortunately with people like you on the sidelines I am well aware of my chances. With Williamson in office maybe we can get a couple more fast food joints in for job creation. I'd probably try and bring in Toyota so that wouldn't be good for such a strong union town.

http://www.myspace.com/31764583
Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:02 pm 
EG

I'll meet if my schedule permits. I will keep looking for a firm date.

EG
Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:42 am 
Adam

Thursday June 29th from 7pm to 9pm I get to take on some of the big guns of the democratic party downtown Flint at Frist Prebyterian church if anyone wants to go. If you don't want to support me maybe you can all get behind Patsy Lou. Smile Fortunately for me the main person I will be up against is Patsy Lou and not Terry bankert as Terry is an excellent debater. My Republican opponent has surgery the day before so he will not be able to make it. If the guy running in the 26th district race fails to attend I will be the only Republican in the forum.

Adam Ford
Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:40 pm 
Joe

Lets invite Michael Moore too.
Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:17 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

I would prefer people that are interested in truth and justice. Not those you are hypocrites. The Union busting and Big Halliburton investor, Michael Moore Shouldn't be welcomed at any Flint event.
Post Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:21 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: