FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Why won't Brenda pay her property taxes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Thanks, Willy, you shine again! I wasn't aware of the Delinquent Tax Revolving Fund. Here's the link that goes with your post:

Delinquent Tax Revolving Fund Overview
http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/treasurer/fund.html

There are other links on that page that are very informative as well, including about forfeiture and foreclosure.
Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

I like the other links , That inform Land owners that They Can Make Payment arrangement to Save their land from Foreclosure.

Did you look at the property tax info also? Great place to Make sure Your Neighbors Are not paying less that you for Taxes .
Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:47 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
willy schreef:
Did you look at the property tax info also? Great place to Make sure Your Neighbors Are not paying less that you for Taxes .
I've done just that on the City of Flint website. But bear in mind as you compare taxes on residential property, the taxable value may be different, and the homestead exemption may or may not be claimed.
Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
willy schreef:
I like the other links , That inform Land owners that They Can Make Payment arrangement to Save their land from Foreclosure.

I use it to find out who owns the rentals on our block, and if the keep their taxes current. One guy that owns a house on our block has all 15 of his houses on the foreclosure list!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
One guy that owns a house on our block has all 15 of his houses on the foreclosure list!
There should be laws to prevent this from happening.

A landlord should charge enough rent to include payment of taxes, and he should also keep the house he rents in compliance with city code.

On the other hand, when tenants or thieves destroy property so it costs more to repair than the property is worth, what's the landlord to do?

If a landlord has 15 houses on the foreclosure list he's not a good businessman, and the houses are all likely in a state of disrepair. More than likely he has them for a fast buck of collecting rent and nothing else. It would not surprise me if he does not file income tax returns either.
Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:25 pm 
last time here

are those types the kind who rent to drug dealers?

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:29 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

This guy's what I would call a slumlord. Last summer, the house was posted as condemned. The notice said the roof & sheathing had to be replaced, along with all the plumbing and electrical. Work had to be done by someone licensed, permits were required, and the house had to be inspected before it could be reoccupied. I took a picture of the cover sheet of the notice. We also found out that the house has never been registered as a rental. The landlord claimed he was living there.
The landlord's wife tore the notice down, and they cleaned up inside, and painted, & put up a for rent sign. I called the building inspector's office & told them what was going on. An inspector came out, talked to the landlord for a few minutes, & left. The next day, the condemned posting was removed from the info on the city's web page. NONE of the work specified on the posted notice has been done!
A couple started to move in, but moved back out because consumers wouldn't turn the utilities back on. A few other families looked at the house, but left, saying it smelled like something had died in there. About 3 weeks ago, a man saying he was the landlord's son started moving in. How they got the utilities back on, I don't know.
I;m waiting to see what happens with the foreclosure. I'm betting the landlord will claim he was never notified he owed back taxes.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:42 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: