FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Local state Senate race gets hotter

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4174342

FLINT (WJRT) - (05/15/06)--On the political front, a local race for state Senate is heating up. A who's who of local political candidates have entered the race to replace State Sen. Bob Emerson.

The day before the filing deadline, another candidate has gotten in the race.

After months of gauging support behind the scenes, State Rep. John Gleason of Flushing has entered the race for Senate. Gleason attended a rally to kick things off Monday morning.

Gleason told supporters at a campaign event at the International Institute that he will run an honest, open, fair and non-divisive campaign.

As of noon, the following candidates had filed with the clerk: former State Rep. Candace Curtis; the wife of Flint's mayor, businesswoman Patsy Lou Williamson; former State Rep. Floyd Clack; former State Rep. Jack Minore -- all Democrats -- and Republican Adam Ford

Adam Ford
Post Tue May 16, 2006 2:35 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Adam you should demand equal time on channel 12 Twisted Evil
Post Tue May 16, 2006 3:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam

I liked ABC 12's coverage. The Flint Journal managed to avoid mentioning my name. I haven't done an announcement yet so ABC 12 doesn't have video of me like the other candidates. I plan to announce at the next council meeting. I'm curious if I will get coverage or not. I want to make sure every one of our councilpeople get to hear it because as a state senator I would have to work with the council on things like new enterprise zones. Also I want the people that care enough and actually go to the meetings or watch them on TV to hear me announce. I'm going to be facing Bob Longlois on the Republican side who's not from Flint. I guess running against a big name democrat wasn't enough. lol
Post Tue May 16, 2006 6:22 pm 
rapunzel

League of Women Voters mentioned your name. I thought it was regarding your precinct delegate sign up. Go ADAM!

The DEM primary is HOT. This should be interesting!

Good Luck!

RAP!
Post Tue May 16, 2006 10:33 pm 
rapunzel

Who do you think is the big name Democrat?
Post Tue May 16, 2006 10:37 pm 
Adam

Awe thank you Rapunzel. Are you guys going to send out surveys? Are you allowed to make endorsements? If so I guess I should definately lose that one for being Republican. Sad Even though I would still love to meet with you and go over things even if you're not allowed to be independent.

I'd kind of like to face Patsy Lou. I assume she should have the most name recognition right? She should also have the biggest pockets. I think it'd be a fun race as long as I can beat the "political insider" I am up against on the Republican side. I guess I might have to do some campaigning in Linden and Argentine township where he should have a few thousand votes for sure.

For the record I think I'm pretty much the only Republican running for Flint. Clack is up against a name on the ballot and Gonzalez should face little if any serious opposition so I'll definately try and congratulate them in person. I'm sure my opponent is out just for name recognition. That leaves me as the last Republican standing running for all of Flint. It's been a very long time since Flint's Republican days. I doubt few Democrats even remeber those days. Obviously to have any semblance of a chance I would need to win democratic votes. I'm not really convinced that Flint is a partisan as most people think though. I think there are democrats who would actually vote for who they feel is the best candidate and not strictly on party lines.
Post Wed May 17, 2006 2:19 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: