FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Hillary the infidelty expert
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

WASHINGTON (AFP) — Hillary Clinton said in an soul baring interview aired Friday she never doubted her husband's Bill Clinton's love for her, despite the former president's infidelity with a White House intern.

Exactly a decade after the Monica Lewinsky affair was first reported, the former first lady candidly revealed how she worked through the inner torment it caused, as she battles Barack Obama for the Democratic White House nomination.

"I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me, what was right for my family," Clinton said on the Tyra Banks talk show on Fox television.

"I never doubted Bill's love for me, ever, and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family.

"But I had to decide what I ought to do, I think it is so important to be able to hear yourself at a moment when it is hard ... there are so many times when you really have to listen to yourself."

Asked by Banks whether she was embarrassed by the public scrutiny of Clinton's transgression, which eventually led to his impeachment, she said "sure, all of that."

"The momentary feelings -- you are mad, you are really upset, you are disappointed, all of that goes through your mind.

"I have found you really shouldn't make decisions in the heat of those moments.

Clinton also said she was asked by other women "all the time" about what to do with unfaithful husbands.

"I say you have to be true to yourself, no one story is the same as any other story," she said.

"'I don't know your reality. I cannot possibly substitute my judgment for yours, but what I can tell you is you must be true to yourself, you have to do what is right for you.'"

Clinton's comments, some of her most open and public on the Lewinsky episode were broadcast 10 years and one day after news of the affair broke on the Drudge Report website, and shocked the world.

A decade on from the scandal which tainted his legacy, former president Clinton is now his wife's most outspoken campaign surrogate, and a key behind-the-scenes strategist who has recently denounced what he sees as an easy ride being given to Obama in the press.

Despite his impeachment, Clinton left office with approval ratings of around 65 percent, and has since further bolstered his reputation by working for his global foundation, on issues like AIDS relief.

The Lewinsky affair has never been mentioned directly by Clinton's opponents, though some have indirectly made reference to the hyper-partisanship and political scandals of his two terms in office.

Late last year Obama argued it would be better to elect a president who was untainted with the political fights of the past.

"Because of the history of some of the battles that have taken place back in the '90s, it is true that she tends to galvanise the other side," he said on CBS television.

The more than year-long-battle by former president Bill Clinton to stave off attempts by rivals to have him thrown out of office for lying under oath about the affair consumed Washington in a poisonous political storm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
Well geewhiz what a wonderful story how about the rest of em.
Clinton Misogyny - Sex
Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned
NewsMax 12/29/00 Carl Limbacher ".....Before her death, Princess Diana claimed privately that a "very flirtatious" Bill Clinton made a pass at her during one of several meetings; and that she considered accepting -- according to close friends who recently shared Diana's confidences with noted royal author Judy Wade. Wade conducted "scores" of interviews with confidantes to the late Princess of Wales for her soon-to-be released biography, "Diana: The Truth," which is excerpted in next week's National Enquirer. After one Clinton encounter Diana reportedly said, "We were a little naughty with each other," according to one confidante who talked to the tabloid directly. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:19 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Now, now, twotap...none of those things actually happened. It was that vast right wing conspiracy that was out to get Bill.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:35 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Sure would be interesting to see a list for Hillary.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

oh please.
the dude's got a high sex drive. i guess all or even most of those
women were nuns right?????

what a joke.... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:22 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
oh please.

Wow...I thought you Dems were against sexual harassment.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:31 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
oh please.

I'd love to hear some of the ladies opine on this comment.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:33 pm 
last time here

aw come on FC. you know damn well probably 95% of those
ladies were batting eyebrows just waiting for a chance to sue....

power & money can corrupt common sense. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:45 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
aw come on FC. you know damn well probably 95% of those
ladies were batting eyebrows just waiting for a chance to sue....

power & money can corrupt common sense. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Andi? Tegan? Your thoughts?
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:19 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

On one hand, sometimes you get people who take advantage of someone's fame in order to blackmail or otherwise get residual fame.

On the other hand, those are a LOT of allegations, some way back from the 1970s. You have to ask yourself, where did they start? I find it hard to believe that the first woman to accuse him of rape or sexual assault was lying in order to blackmail a law professor or attorney general, and then everyone else followed suit because it worked so well. Surely there are other law professors, attorney generals, governors who cheat on their wives and are open to such allegations...

If you believe that Bill Clinton is innocent of all those other allegations, you must also concede that all of the stories about Larry Craig and Michael Jackson are false.

When dealing with rape or sexual assault, a woman's virtue should NEVER be taken into account. That's the first thing that is pounded in our heads in high school and college.

We are also taught in our safety seminars or classes that men who rape or otherwise assault women are usually repeating offenders, so it makes perfect sense that there are so many women accusing Clinton.

I'm not saying that every single woman on the list is completely truthful, but it's also crazy to think that all or even most of those women were lying.

Like I said, I really am not informed on this subject as I probably should be. I'd actually love to hear what Chelsea has to say about all of this, but her parents won't let her speak freely to anyone unless its a pre-approved speech, not even to little kids.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:59 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh, everyone loves to beat up on Hillary!

quote:
twotap schreef:
WASHINGTON (AFP) — Hillary Clinton said in an soul baring interview aired Friday she never doubted her husband's Bill Clinton's love for her, despite the former president's infidelity with a White House intern.

Exactly a decade after the Monica Lewinsky affair was first reported, the former first lady candidly revealed how she worked through the inner torment it caused, as she battles Barack Obama for the Democratic White House nomination.

"I really had to dig down deep and think hard about what was right for me, what was right for my family," Clinton said on the Tyra Banks talk show on Fox television.

"I never doubted Bill's love for me, ever, and I never doubted my faith and my commitment to our daughter and our extended family.

"But I had to decide what I ought to do, I think it is so important to be able to hear yourself at a moment when it is hard ... there are so many times when you really have to listen to yourself."

Asked by Banks whether she was embarrassed by the public scrutiny of Clinton's transgression, which eventually led to his impeachment, she said "sure, all of that."

"The momentary feelings -- you are mad, you are really upset, you are disappointed, all of that goes through your mind.

"I have found you really shouldn't make decisions in the heat of those moments.

Clinton also said she was asked by other women "all the time" about what to do with unfaithful husbands.

"I say you have to be true to yourself, no one story is the same as any other story," she said.

"'I don't know your reality. I cannot possibly substitute my judgment for yours, but what I can tell you is you must be true to yourself, you have to do what is right for you.'"

Clinton's comments, some of her most open and public on the Lewinsky episode were broadcast 10 years and one day after news of the affair broke on the Drudge Report website, and shocked the world.

A decade on from the scandal which tainted his legacy, former president Clinton is now his wife's most outspoken campaign surrogate, and a key behind-the-scenes strategist who has recently denounced what he sees as an easy ride being given to Obama in the press.

Despite his impeachment, Clinton left office with approval ratings of around 65 percent, and has since further bolstered his reputation by working for his global foundation, on issues like AIDS relief.

The Lewinsky affair has never been mentioned directly by Clinton's opponents, though some have indirectly made reference to the hyper-partisanship and political scandals of his two terms in office.

Late last year Obama argued it would be better to elect a president who was untainted with the political fights of the past.

"Because of the history of some of the battles that have taken place back in the '90s, it is true that she tends to galvanise the other side," he said on CBS television.

The more than year-long-battle by former president Bill Clinton to stave off attempts by rivals to have him thrown out of office for lying under oath about the affair consumed Washington in a poisonous political storm.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------=
Well geewhiz what a wonderful story how about the rest of em.
Clinton Misogyny - Sex
Juanita Broaddrick (AR)- rape
Eileen Wellstone (Oxford) - rape
Elizabeth Ward Gracen - rape - quid pro quo, post incident intimidation
Regina Hopper Blakely - "forced himself on her, biting, bruising her"
Kathleen Willey (WH) - sexual assault, intimidations, threats
Sandra Allen James (DC) - sexual assault
22 Year Old 1972 (Yale) - sexual assault
Kathy Bradshaw (AK) - sexual assault
Cristy Zercher - unwelcomed sexual advance, intimidations
Paula Jones (AR) - unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
Carolyn Moffet -unwelcomed sexual advance, exposure, bordering on sexual assault
1974 student at University of Arkansas - unwelcomed physical contact
1978-1980 - seven complaints per Arkansas state troopers
Monica Lewinsky - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Gennifer Flowers - quid pro quo, post incident character assault
Dolly Kyle Browning - post incident character assault
Sally Perdue - post incident threats
Betty Dalton - rebuffed his advances, married to one of his supporters
Denise Reeder - apologetic note scanned
NewsMax 12/29/00 Carl Limbacher ".....Before her death, Princess Diana claimed privately that a "very flirtatious" Bill Clinton made a pass at her during one of several meetings; and that she considered accepting -- according to close friends who recently shared Diana's confidences with noted royal author Judy Wade. Wade conducted "scores" of interviews with confidantes to the late Princess of Wales for her soon-to-be released biography, "Diana: The Truth," which is excerpted in next week's National Enquirer. After one Clinton encounter Diana reportedly said, "We were a little naughty with each other," according to one confidante who talked to the tabloid directly. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Ryan why do you find it necessary to repost everything you have just read? Confused

Last edited by twotap on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:39 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I wasn't bashing hillary on this particular occasion. Actually, I think that what she said about being true to yourself when your husband cheats on you is very true.

Hillary caught a lot of flack from hard core feminists for not leaving Bill after this all happened. One argument against her said that she was setting a poor example for women by staying with a cheating husband, but she's right (in this instance), a right choice for one woman is not the right choice for another.

But that doesn't change the fact that Bill is a creepy old man with wandering hands.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:57 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Well, you can look at it in this light. Just because you are on a diet, doesn't mean that you can't read the menu......just don't ask for a sample, nor take a bite. Smile

The list does leave a lot to be desired, I'll tell you that. I agree with Tegan in the sense that women don't need to put up with that. If he forcibly did it, that's one thing, sometimes a woman can't fight back. If it was just a look, a woman is able to squash it instantaneously, by a nasty look, a verbal warning, etc. It worked with me, by a glaring eye roll and a sigh....never happened again. Not stating that I am Angelina Jolie material or anything, now that I think about it it could have been the scenario of "At ten to two, the two-s become tens." I digress.

But each woman is different, some seek power by associating with those whom have power and are blinded by this and don't see the whole picture. Some see the whole picture and still get the advances. Yet, it falls back on the person that has the power to exercise good judgement. With all of those names on a list, it can be construed that something went wrong. For with every rumour there is a grain of truth that has to be unveiled.

In regards to Hillary? Every woman is different. She may have said one time, "I don't have time to bake cookies." But she still appears to have an old fashioned streak about her in the sense that a Tammy Wynette song comes to the forefront, "Stand by Your Man." She could have dumped his wandering a**, but she didn't. Why? Because she had been with him for so long, that a comfort zone was created? Sometimes if you can't control things around you, like campaign workers, polls, public opinion, you look for controlling things at home.

Everything is merely conjecture when it comes to a woman deciding to leave, every instance IS different. If a woman is getting beaten on an everyday basis, then the outcome should be black and white. If a man cheats, it is usually a grey area. Granted, I am sure that she has money coming out of the orifice that she sits on, but the majority of women in everyday life, may not have the resources to do so...leave, that is.

So yes, I agree with her. Even though I am liberal, I am old fashioned in the sense that I will never be seen alone with a man, nor be alone with a man other than immediate family or my hubby, very close friends that have earned my husband's and mine trust. I have learned from past experience the hard way. I can honestly feel for some of the names on the list, as they may have been left alone with someone that may have taken advantage.....dunno.

I am done preaching.

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I see Hilly as a power hungry, condescending, elitist. But, maybe if she baked me some double fudge chocolate chip cookies........... NAW!

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

So... ya know how last election they had a baking context between Teresa Kerry and Laura Bush?

How will they do that if Hillary gets the nomination? Will Bill Clinton have to bake something?

Maybe they can make it a grilling contest. That is something that wives and husbands can handle equally well.

Mmmm
Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:31 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: