FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Reimagining Chevy In The Hole

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Sounds like we may need something similar for AC (not to mention Buick City). Happy 100th GM!

http://www.thelandbank.org/Landuseconf/Reimagining_Chevy_in_the_Hole.pdf
Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:47 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

My father in law remembers rats.......I am sure that he has a lot more stories, but that's what I remember him telling me....ick.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:54 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I was a shop rat for 40 years at "The Buick". Lots of memories.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

No, no, no.....I meant the actual 4 legged variety......eek.....I am sorry!!!!

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

We had those, too. Especially in the basement of the old Foundry. There was also a problem with Muskrats climbing out of the sewer drains in the basement.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

The first time I saw this presentation I almost broke down and bawled my eyes out. It was the first time since I was a little kid that I saw a place I wanted to visit in Flint. It was the first time I saw a glimmer that the old girl wasn't dead, she was just sleeping soundly and could pop back up and go fetch again.

If they turn Chevy In The Hole into Flint's own "Central Park," watch out. That will tip Carriage Town, the open spaces will be snatched up. Enrollments at Kettering go up... real estate values go up. $$ moves in, stores open up. Tip, tip tip. It starts to sustain itself. Central Park is its own ecosystem.

They namedrop Gas Works park (Seattle) in this proposal, a park I spent four years hanging out in. They turned an industrial wasteland into one of the most beautiful parks in America. Of course they got a half dozen Fortune 500 companies dumping money into Seattle, and we all know GM is long gone. So it "ain't" quite the same.

C'mon, make this park happen! This, no smoking in bars, and a handful of other improvements and you've got yourself a real livable place again.
Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:10 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Right on, Shawn. Though non-smoking bars may be down the priority list – maybe even behind non-Keno bars. Wink
Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: