FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A 15% win aganist no one. WOW Way to go Hill

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Michigan Results Reveal Some Dangerous Trends For Clinton

Thomas B. Edsall

January 16, 2008 12:04 AM

The Michigan Democratic primary was on the surface a non-event. The national party has ruled the state's delegation will not be seated. Of the major candidates, only Hillary Clinton was on the ballot, pitted against "uncommitted" in a seemingly meaningless race (she won by 15 percent). Yet the exit poll results from this strange contest reveal some troubling trends for the New York Senator. Among men, for example, the battle was neck and neck. Clinton got 47 percent and the anonymous/non-existent opposition got 43 percent. (Clinton did substantially better among women, winning 58-37.) The opposition was not, however, altogether ethereal. For the most part, voting "uncommitted" was a substitute for casting a ballot for Barack Obama, or for some voters, John Edwards

Angry voters could mean trouble for Dems

January 16, 2008

By CHRIS CHRISTOFF

Now that Michigan's primary is history, Kimberly Emmert is the kind of voter who could give nightmares to Democrats aching to win the White House. Emmert, 51, of Linden said she always has voted Democratic but planned to vote for Mitt Romney in the Republican primary. She's miffed that there was little choice on the Democratic primary ballot. And she said she won't vote Democratic in November, either. "I believe we should have representation, and I believe my vote should count. And I don't think it will with the Democrats," said Emmert, a glassblower artist. "I can't imagine any Democratic voter would allow the party to exclude them from the electoral process."
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:15 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

You bet she oughta be worried. Those numbers don't include people who refused to vote because they didn't want to vote for her or anyone else on the ballot; or those who refused to vote because they are upset with the Democratic party for invalidating their votes by not following party rules, or for the reason they don't want to reveal whether they're voting Democrat or Republican.

Was the commitment not to campaign in Michigan limited to campaigning only for the primary, or the general election as well? Can we look forward to Obama and Edwards coming to Michigan before the primary?
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:35 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Yeah, and she took second in Flint

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/01/clinton_romney_win_but_trailed.html

I'd also like to congratulate all of the Dems who switched over to "punish" the Republicans by voting for Ron Paul. He got 3.72% of the vote statewide.

Awesome job.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thatll learnem Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:50 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
Yeah, and she took second in Flint

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/01/clinton_romney_win_but_trailed.html

I'd also like to congratulate all of the Dems who switched over to "punish" the Republicans by voting for Ron Paul. He got 3.72% of the vote statewide.

Awesome job.

Dr Ron Paul took 4th place with 6.2 Smile (it was Fred Thompson who ended up with 3.7)

And I too thank you crossover voters as well as just plain supporters. Over 50,000 votes in MI for Ron Paul. Not a bad showing. Not what I would have liked. But it's a start. He at least made the Pie chart on CNN this time. MSNBC & FOX kept him classified as "Other"

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:33 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
Dr Ron Paul took 4th place with 6.2 Smile (it was Fred Thompson who ended up with 3.7)

4th place yes, but according to the Secretary of State, Ron Paul got 3.72% and Thompson got 2.2%.

(Ron Paul 54,397/1,460,263 total = 3.72%)

http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election/results/08PPR/01000000.html
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:43 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

And what the heck happened to Rudy? I haven't seen a candidate crash and burn like that since Howard Dean.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:46 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Opprimo schreef:

4th place yes, but according to the Secretary of State, Ron Paul got 3.72% and Thompson got 2.2%.

(Ron Paul 54,397/1,460,263 total = 3.72%)

http://miboecfr.nictusa.com/election/results/08PPR/01000000.html

*sigh* Gotta put my tin foil hat on now...

I've used this site as they had live updates from the call ins to the state:
http://www.politico.com/miprimaries/mimap-popup.html

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:07 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Lol, never mind, we're both right...

He got 3.7 % of the Total votes cast.
6.2% of the Republican Ballots cast

I like those numbers, that means Guliani got a whopping 1% Very Happy

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:09 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
Lol, never mind, we're both right...

He got 3.7 % of the Total votes cast.
6.2% of the Republican Ballots cast

I like those numbers, that means Guliani got a whopping 1% Very Happy

My bad...gonna have to get glasses. I didn't notice that was total and not Republican.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:06 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I saw that Uncommitted got more votes in Flint than Hilly. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I still want none of the above added to all ballots.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

"what happened to rudy"....
people are tired of him riding on his "supposed"
anti-terrorist experience.....it'll take more than sabre
rattling to win this time!!

Post Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:22 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: