FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Comcast-Public Access
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

some young, slick greasy lawyer thought of that move. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:40 pm 
last time here

quote:
last time here schreef:
some young, slick greasy lawyer thought of that move to make a few points with his boss. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:40 pm 
Flint8
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
It still infuriates me that they still try to pass themselves off as it being mandated that they go digital.

ted, is comcast really the villian here? my understanding is that they were a monopoly before PA 480. now that the state is letting others give us more choices, comcast is only taking back what they once gave us because no others did, or could. the others - sbcglobal, att, whoever - won't provide PEG programming at all, will they? on any channel, much less the higher tier?

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:46 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The way they have taken on this project makes them the bad guys. As I pointed out. THERE IS NOT A FEDERAL MANDATE FOR COMCAST TO GO 100% DIGITAL. Also, they claim to be providing better quality PEG programing on the digital band. However, They don't even have the abiltity to play our programs in HD, SD, Surround, etc. We have the ability to produce in all those formats. Which is the whole reason that Digital is better. Not just because you cna split the channels. But you can provide better quality also. BUt, Comcast cannot do it. So they are lying about reasons.

I don't blame Comcast for chaning this Per Say. Our elected officals in Lansing opened this up when they wrote this loop hole ridden legislation PA480. They could still be considered a monopoloy. This legislation effectively did nothing to promote competition. There already was competition in Michigan. What this legislation did was create a way for someone new to come in and not have to provide the same service and follow the same rules that Comcast had to. Kind of like running the crim and making the africans that win every year have to start a mile behind the rest of the pack to make it fair. YUCK!@!

Comcast is only doing the logical thing. Cutting back on the service they provide and cheaping it. TO closer match what thier "COMPEITION" is providing.

Same idea with our schools. Instead of rasing the bar. They dumb it down. When you expect less you receive less.

Now, ATT may be perswaded to provide PEG access. PA480 does say they are to provide it. Only they've not enforced it before the legislation. WHat makes anyone think they will now. Actually,the wording now creates a bigger loop hole. It allows ATT to determine if it is "technically feasble" If ATT determines that it is not technically feasable. Then they do not have to provide it. In order for it to be feasable ATT would need to run thier cable to the studio or place that the shows are broadcast from during set up of the area. THis used to be controlled by the local community. Through Local franchise agreements. The State of Michigan determined that our local officals couldn't do that on thier own and needed the state to tell them what they could or couldn't do.
So will it happen or not. We will wait and see. But in the mean time we are starting dialouge with ATT about it.
Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: