FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: nintendo wii

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Anyone played on a Nintendo Wii console. My Grandaughter got one for Christmas and brought it up when she stayed with us for a week. We had a blast Bowling Tennis and Baseball. Now we are trying to find one at somewhere close to retail price. Wish I had bought Nintendo stock when it was cheap. Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:30 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Was Nintendo stock ever cheap?

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Beats me but they sure got a winner with that wii Laughing
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:04 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

We bought one late last fall...it's great.

I had a buddy who worked at Sears. They had a truck come in that had 3 consoles on it...one of the employees got one, my buddy got one for me, and one hit the floor. It pays to know people.

Or, as LTH would say, "I got mine!"
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We got folks hanging around in the Houghton Lake walmart and gamestop parking lot waiting for UPS to show up in hopes of scoring one.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:13 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

I starterd looking in August for WII as x-mas gift for my kids. I was able to figure out the delievery truck schedule for GameStop stores. When I knew they were getting a truck in I called that morning. They werent sure what time the truck would be in but told me to call every hour and they would let me know. I called around 1:00 and they said a truck was just arriving at that time, I took off from work and was the 5th in line for a WII. I should off bought the remaining ones now that I look back, they still had around 5 of them but I only bought one!
I could of made a mint around the holidays. I saw them in our local paper for around $800.
The kids love it and so does dad. My five year old can beat me at golf and bowling!

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:30 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I know what ya mean about those youngsters whipping you at wii games. When I get my own I will practice up and be ready for my grandaughters return. Laughing Laughing
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:56 am 
WHAT!?
F L I N T O I D

It's exhausting!

The greatest thing I like about the Wii is that it gets you up and active. There are a lot of great accessories and games available! We have the numchuks and play darts with it too. The new Mario game - kids say its the best yet; they even stand and boogy through it.

It tires the kids out - its all good!

BTW what about Guitar Hero. My kids picked it up in no time they made Rock Star. Me, went through the tutorial at the slowest speed, so slow the song wasn't recognizable - while it was fun, and I got a little workout - I sadly discovered I am no rock star.

I'm a better Wii boxer, but thats because I'm not really feeling the punches! The workout is great if you really let yourself get in to it!
Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:38 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well, Mrs twotap just paid $150 over retail on ebay for one. Shocked
Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:00 pm 
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

oouch 150$? thats sucks. I know a friend of mine signed up for those Wii alerts and was able to get a bundle at Target.com and at Amazon last week. I'm jealous.
Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

We tried the Wii alerts for a while but everytime one came up the store claimed they were not in stock. Got tired of screwing around and went for it. One thing for sure someone is someday gonna get stuck with a bunch of consoles they thought they were gonna score big on. Very Happy
Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:59 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: