FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: CB Radio Overpowering TV
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
deja 'n shades
F L I N T O I D

I'm curious if anyone else has this problem. We get our TV signal with rabbit ears, and it seems as if every night this guy on a powerful CB radio interrupts our viewing. We can sometimes clearly hear what he is saying. This happens only when we watch WNEM channel 5.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something we can do about him? Is this illegal?

Not only does his audio come through much louder than what we have the volume set, this is also destroying the video. Thanks. Mad
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:27 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Its been years since I messed with CBs but it sounds like he may be running a lot more power than is allowed.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:05 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
deja 'n shades schreef:
I'm curious if anyone else has this problem. We get our TV signal with rabbit ears, and it seems as if every night this guy on a powerful CB radio interrupts our viewing. We can sometimes clearly hear what he is saying. This happens only when we watch WNEM channel 5.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something we can do about him? Is this illegal?

Not only does his audio come through much louder than what we have the volume set, this is also destroying the video. Thanks. Mad

There are FCC regulations about how many watts you can send out through a CB unit. If it happens every night, he is most likely a neighbor with a high power antenna. I'll leave it at that Smile I personally disapprove of these FCC regulations, but the rules being as they are, you do have recourse.

Last edited by Opprimo on Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:06 pm 
last time here

all you gotta do is look for the obvious antenna and complain..

or, if it's accessable, a good pair of wire cutters........... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:40 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Find the coax coming off the CB antenna and put a pin in it. Make sure you feel the pin go into the center conductor.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Find the coax coming off the CB antenna and put a pin in it. Make sure you feel the pin go into the center conductor.

I'd use gloves, depending on the size of his amp... Very Happy

One of my redneck buddies in high school got a kick out of holding a florescent light tube next to his antennae in his car and lighting it up w/o even touching the bulb.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hmmmm MDOP Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:47 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

Your local Police Dept , Now handle CB complaints ... it is Their Jurisdition nowand for the last 5 years
Local Judges Can Fine or imprison those who USE illegal power ..
Posession of A Lineur Amplifirer ., unless you are a TECH class or Higher Ham is punishable By a HEFTY FINE by the FCC ..
If you are not a Licensed Ham, just Having it in your possession is a FEDERAL CRIME ..
Ham Radio operator Complaints Must be refered to the FCC.

Cb is limited to 4 watts ( Not AMPS) Ham is 1000 Watts.pep

Using Rabbit ears is 200 points against you. Channel 2 & 5 Freqs are harmonic of the 27 mhz Band..

My suggestion is that if you have a TV that has a HDTV tuner.. Then Switch you TV viewing From ANALOG to Digital.. and your interference will go away. You can use those RABBIT ears to receive Digital..

You can go to Each Tv stations website and they all give you directions on how to recieve their digital broadcast .

By the way.. The FCC now uses Satellite to Track illegal CB operator . They can pinpoint the Transmitter to a Certain city , and WHAT street and the House number as well as the Room the transmitter is in!
As far as truckers go they get them also Via Satellite .. they get the TRUCK number, The plate number , Trailer Number, as well as The BRAND of RADIO the guy is talking on. all From Satellite . Go Here

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/Welcome.html

And Read about the Fcc fining Companies as well as the Driver .for Transmitting out of BAND

A LOCAL Amateur Radio Operator ( Ham)
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:26 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
willy schreef:
Your local Police Dept , Now handle CB complaints ... it is Their Jurisdition nowand for the last 5 years
Local Judges Can Fine or imprison those who USE illegal power ..
Posession of A Lineur Amplifirer ., unless you are a TECH class or Higher Ham is punishable By a HEFTY FINE by the FCC ..
If you are not a Licensed Ham, just Having it in your possession is a FEDERAL CRIME ..
Ham Radio operator Complaints Must be refered to the FCC.

Cb is limited to 4 watts ( Not AMPS) Ham is 1000 Watts.pep

Using Rabbit ears is 200 points against you. Channel 2 & 5 Freqs are harmonic of the 27 mhz Band..

My suggestion is that if you have a TV that has a HDTV tuner.. Then Switch you TV viewing From ANALOG to Digital.. and your interference will go away. You can use those RABBIT ears to receive Digital..

You can go to Each Tv stations website and they all give you directions on how to recieve their digital broadcast .

By the way.. The FCC now uses Satellite to Track illegal CB operator . They can pinpoint the Transmitter to a Certain city , and WHAT street and the House number as well as the Room the transmitter is in!
As far as truckers go they get them also Via Satellite .. they get the TRUCK number, The plate number , Trailer Number, as well as The BRAND of RADIO the guy is talking on. all From Satellite . Go Here

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/AmateurActions/Welcome.html

And Read about the Fcc fining Companies as well as the Driver .for Transmitting out of BAND

A LOCAL Amateur Radio Operator ( Ham)

Thanks for the Excellent info sir. And I imagine, if you call yourself an Amateur local Radio operator, you are active in ARES etc?

side note: *blush* thanks for pointing me to my mistake, my first reply has been edited to use correct information.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:35 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the Excellent info sir. And I imagine, if you call yourself an Amateur local Radio operator, you are active in ARES etc?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=red][/color] No.. I used to be though in the 80's and Early 90's ..

But things have Changed in the local ARES That Make Me Not want to be part of It .

I am Still a SKYWARN Spotter.
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:48 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
willy schreef:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.. I used to be though in the 80's and Early 90's ..

But things have Changed in the local ARES That Make Me Not want to be part of It .

I am Still a SKYWARN Spotter.

Well, this may seem campy, but I honestly thank you for what you do, and have done, to keep me & mine safe. Untill the last few weeks I had no idea what an important part you guys have in protecting the well being of the rest of your fellow citizens.

Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:45 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Opprimo"][quote="willy"]Thanks for the Excellent info sir. And I imagine, if you call yourself an Amateur local Radio operator, you are active in ARES etc?

[color=red][/color] No.. I used to be though in the 80's and Early 90's ..

I am Still a SKYWARN Spotter.[/quote]

Well, this may seem campy, but I honestly thank you for what you do, and have done, to keep me & mine safe. Untill the last few weeks I had no idea what an important part you guys have in protecting the well being of the rest of your fellow citizens.[/quote]

http://www.gcaresinc.org is the link u want..

Also http://www.tctimes.com/site/news.asp?brd=2524&nav_sec=63592

Scroll down the links on the left side to the bottom... and you can listen to The county fire dept ( NOT FLINT FIRE ) on the new 800 mhz digital Freqs..

Also the Fenton Police Dept dispatch REAL TIME . 2 second delay

Windows Media player is needed

Great Site for all of you who cannot afford the $500.00 Digital Receivers.

:roll:
Post Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:36 pm 
last time here

aw man!!!!! WILLY YOUR THE MAN!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

i've got an old realistic 400 channel 2006 hyperscan..

can you hook me up with some good action filled frequencies????? Pray

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:42 am 
willy
F L I N T O I D

[quote="last time here"]aw man!!!!! WILLY YOUR THE MAN!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

i've got an old realistic 400 channel 2006 hyperscan..

can you hook me up with some good action filled frequencies????? [-o<[/quote]

you want to listen to ARES ( Weather spotting / Fires )

Your Scanner is more in likely going to br useless as Far as municiple Freqs go... The city of Flint is about the only one that has not switched to digital.. but that is comming real Soon they Tell me..

I got an old Scanner from radio shack that My CAT loves to listen to. It is a portable and it is laying in HIS bed ,, He listens to Flint NARCS staking out Homes and Vehicles.. Lot of Activity From around 11 pm Every night . Those NARC's seem to know every one and Who they Associate with, And Where they Stole the wheels on the car the Drug users are driving.
He may even understand whats going on!!!!
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:01 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I'm still using a 2006 & it works fine. 155.070 is Flint dispatch. I've heard that the city is thinking about going to 800 MHz, but NOT the State digital. If so, we're all set.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: