FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Williamson in the hospital
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Heard on the Channel 12 news at 5 that Don was taken to the hospital today with breathing problems. They said he had been sick in bed when the problem started. Hope it's not real serious.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Mayor Williamson is in my thoughts and prayers! Lets hope he gets well soon!

Ryan M Eashoo

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/01/williamsons_condition_not_life.html

Mayor Don Williamson's health problems are not life-threatening, said Larry Ford, a longtime friend.

Williamson was taken to the hospital about 4 p.m. today because of breathing problems.

Larry Ford, chief operating officer of the Downtown Development Authority, said he saw Williamson earlier this week and that the mayor was suffering from the flu -- with symptoms including bad congestion and problems with his sinuses.

Ford said he's been concerned about Williamson's health lately because of the stress of the election and his heavy work load at City Hall.

"I tried to get him to take a vacation in Florida but he wouldn't do it. He's a workaholic," Ford said.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:04 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

A lot of stuff is going around!!!

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:44 pm 
last time here

whoa!!!! i better start watching the news!!!!!!!
he better chill for a while and delegate more...

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:53 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

whats the charter say about like of sussesion? Dont wish this upon anyone...including the mayor but he isnt in the best of health and he is up there in age but what happens if a mayor dies in office?
Dont know if it has ever happened in the "strong Mayor" era in Flint?
Anyone know?

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:30 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just a guess, but the president of the council.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Sec. 2-411 VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF MAYOR.
Whenever a vacancy occurs in the office of the Mayor, the remainder of the unexpired term shall be filled as follows:

A. if one year or less remains in the unexpired term, the Council shall within thirty (30) days appoint a person having the qualification for such office to serve as Acting Mayor during the remainder of the unexpired term.

1. The Acting Mayor shall possess all the powers of the Mayor as provided by this Charter, except the power to remove Mayoral appointees. The power to remove appointees of the Mayor may not be exercised without the concurrence of the City Council.

2. The Acting Mayor shall receive the same compensation as provided for the office of Mayor.

B. if more than one year remains in the unexpired term, the City Council shall either:

1. Within ten (10) days call a special primary election to be held within ninety (90) days thereafter to fill such a vacancy. A general election shall be called not less than forty-nine (49) nor more than sixty (60) days after the date of the primary election, or

2. Call primary and general elections to be concurrent with the next State primary and general November election if such vacancy occurs within one year prior to said State general November election.

C. Until such time as the Acting Mayor is appointed pursuant to paragraph A above, or until a Mayor is elected pursuant to paragraph B above, the City Administrator shall serve as Temporary Mayor. The City Administrator shall possess all the powers of the Mayor as provided in this Charter, except the power to remove Mayor appointees and the power of veto. Appointees of the Mayor may not be removed by the City Administrator serving in the capacity of Temporary Mayor without the concurrence of the City Council.

(Adopted by the electorate, 11-5-74)
Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
last time here

whoaaaaaaaaa!!!! jumping the gun a little?? Confused

as i get older i've realized 71 is a spring chicken!!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:12 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
whoaaaaaaaaa!!!! jumping the gun a little??

YIKES! It would certainly seem that way, wouldn't it LT?

Ya know, the older I get the better I was.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:32 pm 
last time here

"was" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing i hear you!!

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:43 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
2. Call primary and general elections to be concurrent with the next State primary and general November election if such vacancy occurs within one year prior to said State general November election.

Huh? Shocked Is this English? Think Who wrote this stuff? Geez, I wonder why people don't have faith and trust in many legislators....... Pray

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:01 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Most politicians are lawyers, and that's lawyerspeak. They have their own language that even they don't understand. It's like arguing over what the meaning of "is" is.

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:29 pm 
simon
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Most politicians are lawyers, and that's lawyerspeak. They have their own language that even they don't understand. It's like arguing over what the meaning of "is" is.

What crap!

Toilet monster

You should appreciate a lawyer more.

prayer

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:47 pm 
last time here

damn josh, could you put that in simple ENGLISH????????

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:25 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: