FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: What I have been saying all along !

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic

http://www.mlive.com/news/statewide/index.ssf?/base/news-7/1147255847244200.xml&coll=1

But what more can you expect when a majority of your population has little or no college experiences. When a majority of your population has worked at high paying jobs with little or no skill.

I'm not jealous of these people. I actually pity them !
Post Sun May 14, 2006 10:30 am 
Adam

I think it's crazy to just "give up" on manufacturing espeically when other states are actually adding manufacturing jobs. The number one selling car is still built in America. There is more to killing off manufacturing jobs other than lower wages elsewhere. Try the high cost of litigation and legal settlements which hurt businesses such as manufacturers and add to that the high cost off healthcare due a lot to legal expenses, lawsuits, settlements etc. In addition southern Republican states are smart enough to realize businesses would prefer not to pay high taxes and expensive letigation and are stealing companies away. I've heard other states actually contact our businesses that get sued. Granholm is actually helping to raise the cost of doing business in Michigan by ignoring a Michigan Supreme Court ruling which helped lessen Michigan's trial lawyers paradise. Although it's easy to criticize businesses that would prefer to make more profits the reality is the less money Republican businesses make the more likely they are to go out of business and lay off their democratic workers.
Adam Ford
Post Sun May 14, 2006 11:59 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: