FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Geeeee!!!! Al Gore .....................
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
willy
F L I N T O I D

This is the first time trying this

This Buick Has No BONDO as of Today I parked it around 1972 in this Field.

1955 tbird on buicks right side 1959 Edsel on the left side

Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:40 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Photos turned out fine. You planning on doing any resto work on any of the rides?
Post Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:44 pm 
willy
F L I N T O I D

No plans. Saving it for My kids to give away later .

The Buick is the only one that belongs to Me. The Edsel and the Tbird Belong to an Uncle.. Not in the picture is a 46 Chevy...

I may be wrong on the year but the 1917 Chevy Truck is about all Gone Except for the Wooden Spoke Wheels, Window Frame and The ENGINE

Been 5 years since I looked at them, But I think one other Car is a 56 Ford Fairlane.

I restore my 1989 s-10 a couple years ago and that was enough for I and The Wife. We did all the Work and Hired nothing out .
I only Have ONE hand. pictures of the Restore are at http://www.freewebs.com/kotarski/plow.htm

P.s.

My Father's Brother Started RENO AUTO PARTS during World War II I have an airal Photo taken around 1949 it shows it Covering BOTH sides of DORT HWY. .. with a SEMI truck going down the Road .
Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:14 am 
willy
F L I N T O I D

I just Noticed tha FLINT TALK's WEBSITE clock is off ONE HOUR into the Future .
right now My clock says 12:20 am 1/21/08
Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Antarctic volcanoes identified as a possible culprit in glacier melting
By Kenneth Chang Published: January 20, 2008

Another factor might be contributing to the thinning of some of the Antarctica's glaciers: volcanoes.

In an article published Sunday on the Web site of the journal Nature Geoscience, Hugh Corr and David Vaughan of the British Antarctic Survey report the identification of a layer of volcanic ash and glass shards frozen within an ice sheet in western Antarctica.

"This is the first time we have seen a volcano beneath the ice sheet punch a hole through the ice sheet" in Antarctica, Vaughan said.

Volcanic heat could still be melting ice to water and contributing to thinning and speeding up of the Pine Island glacier, which passes nearby, but Vaughan said he doubted that it could be affecting other glaciers in western Antarctica, which have also thinned in recent years. Most glaciologists, including Vaughan, say that warmer ocean water is the primary cause of thinning.

Volcanically, Antarctica is a fairly quiet place. But sometime around 325 B.C., the researchers said, a hidden and still active volcano erupted, puncturing several hundred yards of ice above it. Ash and shards from the volcano carried through the air and settled onto the surrounding landscape. That layer is now out of sight, hidden beneath the snows that fell during the next 2,300 years.

Still, the layer showed up clearly in airborne radar surveys conducted over the region in 2004 and 2005 by American and British scientists. The reflected radio waves over an elliptical area about 110 miles, or 176 kilometers, wide were so strong that earlier radar surveys had mistakenly identified it as bedrock. Better radar techniques now can detect a second echo from the actual bedrock farther down.

The thickness of ice above the ash layer provided an estimate of the date of the eruption: 207 B.C., give or take 240 years. "It's probably within Alexander the Great's lifetime, but not more precise than that," Vaughan said.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:52 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

fyi...the record high for this date at Flint was set in 1957.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:09 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:14pm EST Email | Print | Share| Reprints | Single

BEIJING (Reuters) - Cold weather and heavy snow have struck unusually large swathes of central and eastern China, causing fatal accidents, bringing down power lines and destroying crops.

Eleven people were killed when an overloaded bus overturned on a snow-covered highway in eastern China, police said on Monday, bringing the death toll from weather-related accidents over the weekend to at least 25.

The accident happened in Anhui province on Sunday when the bus carrying 72 people, 21 more than allowed, overturned in the city of Mingguang. Fifty-one people were injured.

In the central province of Hubei, 10 people were killed, including one crushed under a collapsed gas-station roof in Wuhan, the provincial capital, the China Daily said.

It did not say how the other nine died.

Six people were killed in Hubei and Anhui in houses collapsing under snow, the Xinhua news agency said on Monday, adding that more than 10 million people in the two provinces had been "affected" by the snow.

A major power line that carries electricity from the Three Gorges dam to Shanghai was damaged by the snow, and over 450 workers were rushing to repair it, Xinhua said.

Crops covering at least 557,300 hectares (2,151 sq miles) and more than 11,300 houses had been destroyed, bringing direct economic losses in the two provinces to more than 1.8 billion yuan ($249 million).

About 300,000 passengers in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei, were forced to change travel plans as more than 1,000 km (600 miles) of highway in the region were closed on Saturday due to the snow.

The National Meteorological Centre on Sunday issued an orange alert, the second highest on a scale of five, for more heavy snow in central and eastern parts of the country.

The State Council, or cabinet, on Monday issued an emergency order to local authorities telling them to ensure safe transportation, promptly fix disrupted utilities and make sure that there is an ample supply of food in affected areas.
Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:43 pm 
last time here

yup, al was right. the massive human caused contamination is
causing weather changes throughout the planet!!!

GO AL GO!!!

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

fyi...the record high for this date at Flint was set in 1957.
Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:14 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ever see a wave frozen in midair. Guess that shows just how warm its getting. Laughing

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:27 pm 
last time here

thats impossible 2tap. that wasn't frozen in mid air!!!!
thats an accumulation over time. Shocked Shocked

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:38 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Would be sweet it it melted all at once and doused that gal posing in front there Smile Like something out of an old cartoon.

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
thats impossible 2tap. that wasn't frozen in mid air!!!!
thats an accumulation over time.

Actually it was witnessed by some folks. Lets see ya believe all of Algores charts and maps but ya wont believe this. Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:51 pm 
last time here

nah man..way too much volumn to have been frozen like that!!!!!!
it was a slow eventual process. Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:05 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You damn sure want to be careful taking an outdoor leak.Laughing

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: