FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A wee bit of truth from the horse's mouth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

dude...trust me....look at her...................................................... and RUN!!!!!! Guy with axe Guy with axe

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:28 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

The story of Denzel is true. He is a true patriot and good guy.

I've heard lots of stories of celebrity troop supporters over the years. One in particular that moved me was the story about Ann Margaret. If you don't know, she has always been a big fan of the military and was very active in the USO during Vietam.A few years ago, she was doing a book signing somewhere. All people who went were told that she would only sign her new book. There was a guy who was in Vietnam who saw Ms. Margaret when he was there and had his pic taken with her. He waited in line at the book signing and when he finally made it to the front of the line, showed her the picture of him and her when she came to Vietnam. He told her " you know , your visit really meant a lot to us and you really helped the morale of the troops by coming to see us". He also asked " I know you said that you were only signing your book today, but I wondered if you had time to sign this picture?" She stood up, kissed the guy on the cheek, and said " I've always got time for you all". She then had the man turn around, face the line and said " this man is a hero who served in Vietnam" The whole crowd applauded.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:18 am 
last time here

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:22 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: