FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A wee bit of truth from the horse's mouth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for the offer but I gotta stay away from Williams evertime I go there I see something I just gotta have. Laughing
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:56 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Thanks for the offer but I gotta stay away from Williams evertime I go there I see something I just gotta have. Laughing

LOL, thats why i'm waiting till payday... I know me. I know I'm not walking out of there empty handed.

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:58 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If you dont have a mi cPL make sure ya get a purchase permit first.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:10 am 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I love the state that I now live in (Tennessee). You walk into a gun store, fill out some paperwork, pay $10 for an instant check, if you come back clean, you pay for your gun, and your out the door with it. The whole process takes about 15 minutes. No permit to purchase,no waiting period, and no registration.

We also don't have a concealed carry permit in Tennessee. We are an open carry state. You don't have to conceal your gun if you don't want to. It's always a good idea to conceal it. If you go into Krogers with a handgun on your hip not concealed, you will draw attention. The main reason we're open carry is because in other states, there was a lot of B.S. legal action being taken on concealed carry permit holders for brandishing a firearm if any part of their gun was seen. We also have a reciprocal agreement with Michigan. If you hold a Michigan concealed carry permit and are ever in Tennessee, we honor it and you can carry here.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:01 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup Its a clear shot So to Speak from here to Florida for a CPL holder although Ohio is a little goofy on their carry law. Dont you find it totally ridiculous that their are still states that wont allow honest citizens the right of self protection?
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:31 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

[quote="twotap"]If you dont have a mi cPL make sure ya get a purchase permit first.[/quote

Aye picked it up on Monday Smile

I don't have a CPL, but am going to take the class here in the next month.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:49 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Yes I do find it ridiulous two tap. States that deny it's law abiding citizens this right only assures the criminal that their prey is unarmed.

Have you ever heard of LtCol David Grossman ? He's a retired Army ranger and now author and motivational speaker mostly to law enforcement, and military. He puts people in 3 categories.
1) Sheep, the general public who goes happily about their daily lives unaware of the danger that surrounds them and wolves that are out there readyto devour them. Sheep won't hurt anyone unless on accident.
2) Wolves, criminals and terrorists who look for easy targets.(Sheep)
3) Sheepdogs, Police, military, and carry permit holders who are the only thing that stands between the sheep and wolves.

Sheep generally resent sheepdogs just like much of the general public resent police, legally armed citizens, and the military. But when something happens sheep look to the sheepdogs to protect them. According to Col Grossman, it don't take sheep long to fall back into complacency after a wolf attacks since they only know 2 speeds, graze and stampede. How right Col Grossman is.

Another good one is Paul Castle. He's a retired British SAS ( special air service) of the royal air force ( the UK,s bad asses). He's just an instructor now and has some vids on you tube.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:20 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
Yes I do find it ridiulous two tap. States that deny it's law abiding citizens this right only assures the criminal that their prey is unarmed.

Have you ever heard of LtCol David Grossman ? He's a retired Army ranger and now author and motivational speaker mostly to law enforcement, and military. He puts people in 3 categories.
1) Sheep, the general public who goes happily about their daily lives unaware of the danger that surrounds them and wolves that are out there readyto devour them. Sheep won't hurt anyone unless on accident.
2) Wolves, criminals and terrorists who look for easy targets.(Sheep)
3) Sheepdogs, Police, military, and carry permit holders who are the only thing that stands between the sheep and wolves.

Sheep generally resent sheepdogs just like much of the general public resent police, legally armed citizens, and the military. But when something happens sheep look to the sheepdogs to protect them. According to Col Grossman, it don't take sheep long to fall back into complacency after a wolf attacks since they only know 2 speeds, graze and stampede. How right Col Grossman is.

Another good one is Paul Castle. He's a retired British SAS ( special air service) of the royal air force ( the UK,s bad asses). He's just an instructor now and has some vids on you tube.

Wow, I've heard this analogy dozens of times, but never knew to whom it was attributed to. Thanks for the info.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:31 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I always just attribute it to "Training Day". Sounds really sexy coming out of Denzel's mouth Smile
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:56 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
I always just attribute it to "Training Day". Sounds really sexy coming out of Denzel's mouth Smile

LTH and TwoTap post some pretty interesting pics.....here's one for the chicks. Smile Smile

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:50 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Boys will be Boys besides its all LTs fault. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:13 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Funny, whodathunk that breasts would be more than just a food source for infants..... d'oh! Brick wall

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:42 pm 
last time here

"assembling all the females pics 2tap has ever posted to send to his wife"
i wonder if FC has a pic of denzel with a busted bird on his face Laughing Laughing

yup 2tap blame the black guy Not talking Not talking Not talking Not talking Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:49 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
I wonder if FC has a pic of denzel with a busted bird on his face

If I did I wouldn't share.

"Denzel Washington visits Brooks Army Medical Center

Actor Denzel Washington pays a vist to the troops at Brooks Army Medical in
San Antinio, Tx. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from
Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. The Fisher House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital.
BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine,
they are almost filled most of the time.

While he was at the Fisher House, Denzel asked how much one of them would cost to build. He then took his check book out and wrote a sizeable check towards the contruction cost of another Fischer House.

Denzel is a true American and he showed his true patriotic colors
the day he visited the Brooks Army Medical Center."

http://www.airforcechiefs.org/Events.html

The site wouldn't let me pull down any of the pics.
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:23 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

LT quote "assembling all the females pics 2tap has ever posted to send to his wife"

Lt I told she already knows I put her photos on here. Mrs Twotap Shocked is a good sport. Razz :lol

Last edited by twotap on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:30 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: