FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: A wee bit of truth from the horse's mouth
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If I have to at least she will know how to shoot

Last edited by twotap on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 pm 
last time here

dude!!! don't you DARE send that kid to war!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked no!

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:06 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Is that really your granddaughter? If so, I applaud you. I see a trained stance, safety equiptment, and a safe shooting area. Well done.

You may wanna tell her to take a step back and touch her hip to the truck bed to add to stability. Either that or taking a knee will add to accuracy.

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup thats her. She is a pretty good shot. up to a 40 cal glock : She has a good instructor her grandpa.lol:

Last edited by twotap on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:30 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

While we may disagree whole heartedly on several political topics, I'm proud to know ya Smile

side note: you wouldnt happen to know anything about the Glock 31/32 ?

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:39 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

31, and 32 Glocks are .357,s. I am the owner of 2 Glocks. A Glock 22, and a Glock 27 (both 40 cailbers). In my opinion, the best handgun's made.

Whats wrong with going to the recruiter LTH. I did when I came of age, and I wouldn't trade my 24 years of military service for anything.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:23 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
While we may disagree whole heartedly on several political topics, I'm proud to know ya

Hey thanks and disagreements are what forums are for, they would be boring without them. Very Happy Ponycar answered your Glock question. Hey ponycar I also own a 22 and 27 along with my fav a tritium sighted 23. if your interested in Glocks you can get lots of info here. http://www.glocktalk.com/ Very Happy
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:15 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
31, and 32 Glocks are .357,s. I am the owner of 2 Glocks. A Glock 22, and a Glock 27 (both 40 cailbers). In my opinion, the best handgun's made.

Whats wrong with going to the recruiter LTH. I did when I came of age, and I wouldn't trade my 24 years of military service for anything.

Thanks for the info, I'm hearing this a lot from military & police (seems to be a Ford/Chevy type argument between Sig Sauer & Glock) I hate to admit it, but I'm leaning towards Glock simply for the 20% cheaper shelf price.

I'm not 100% sold on the .357 over other calibers but that is the one which was recommended to me initially.

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:20 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

take a look at the Springfield XD's. They fit my hand way better that a Glock.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

Between a Glock and a Sig, you won't be dissapointed with either although Glocks are less expensive. Did you know that you can sharpen a knife on the slide of a Glock? You have to have the right angle but it really works. The slide will have scratches on it when your done, but a few drops of gun oil will make the sctratches disappear. When Gaston Glock designed them, he designed them for the army in Austria. The army wanted them to serve more than 1 purpose in the field. I also know of stories where glocks have been run over, buried in mud, sand, frozen in ice, dropped from airplanes, and still fired. The.357 is a fine round. I personally like the 40 cal.

D.S. I just confiscated a XD yesterday. Looked like a cross between a Glock, and a colt. Nice gun but the turd that I took it from didn't take care of it.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:26 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I agree you should take a look at an XD. I have been tempted to get one of their 45acp versions. Another brand of handgun which gives a lot of value for the money are the offerings from CZ. I have 3 different models of their guns and they are all excellent. If you might be interested in a used handgun heres a list of some available from Williams Guns in Davison where I purchase all my firearms even though I have to drive a 250mi round trip to do it. A while back i picked up a like new SW 686p 2/12" 7 shot 357 for a very good price. http://www.williamsgunsight.com/gunsights/809usedhandguns.htm
If you should go to Williams ask for Steve Curtis the manager Or Joe and tell them Glen sent you. They may give you a good price.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:50 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
take a look at the Springfield XD's. They fit my hand way better that a Glock.

Thanks Smile

I think I'm gonna run over to Williams this friday & do some window shopping, they have half a dozen springfields & several glocks in their used gun selection.

Thanks Pony for all your input

(Twotap, I have been looking at their used list for weeks now Smile thats exactly where I'm headed Friday)

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:00 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Hmmmm. Maybe I should go tomorrow. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

If you do try to get hold of Steve Curtis and if you find one you want ask him if they can do better on the price. Actually tell em Glen advised us we can get a good price on a used gun.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:05 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Hmmmm. Maybe I should go tomorrow. Laughing

But I don't get paid till Friday!

Thanks for the tip twotap... I'll do just that Smile If your up for shopping, cmon down w/ me & i'll buy lunch Smile

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:40 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: