FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Is Obama's church racist?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam
F L I N T O I D

"Trinity United Church of Christ has been called by God to be a congregation that is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that does not apologize for its African roots!"
http://www.tucc.org/mission.htm

Apparently this is Barrack Obama's Church.

Another quote is:
"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community."
http://www.tucc.org/about.htm
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:15 pm 
last time here

you gotta be kidding me.....

if you can't find it, make it up. Wink Wink Wink Wink

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I dont know if old Barack is actually racist but try substituting the word white for black in the church description and attach it to an white politican. End of political career immediately. Very Happy
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:50 pm 
last time here

barak a racist??? dude, your really reaching.... Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Lt I said I dont know if hes racist and as far as that goes nobody but Barrack himself knows that. Either way it matters little to me as I have checked his voting record and read his comments on matters that concern me and have arrived at the conclusion he is just another liberal politican which I never support. Laughing
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:00 pm 
last time here

that makes sense....my response was directed toward adam.... Wink

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:02 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Adam, you ask "Is Obama's church racist?" I think not, based only on the quotes. Do you see it as racist? What church do the other candidates attend? How much consideration should we give to what church a presidential candidate attends?

"Whether it's the poverty exposed by Katrina, the genocide in Darfur, or the role of faith in our politics, Barack Obama continues to speak out on the issues that will define America in the 21st century. But above all his accomplishments and experiences, he is most proud and grateful for his family. His wife, Michelle, and his two daughters, Malia, 9, and Sasha, 6, live on Chicago's South Side where they attend Trinity United Church of Christ."
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:27 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I dont know if old Barack is actually racist but try substituting the word white for black in the church description and attach it to an white politican. End of political career immediately. Very Happy

100% correct, as we all know, per mainstream media, racism only applies to white folks...

Read again: NOTE: ALTERED QUOTE:

"We are a congregation which is Unashamedly White and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the White religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an European people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a White worship service and ministries which address the White Community."

Looks like something one would expect on a local KKK pamphlet does it not?

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:35 pm 
last time here

not to me. i still think both you and adam are creating silly crap. Cool

this i would expect from a lamebrain like o'reilly or limbaugh.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:44 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
not to me. i still think both you and adam are creating silly crap. Cool

this i would expect from a lamebrain like o'reilly or limbaugh.

back up Very Happy I'm not saying Obama's church is racist, I'm just pointing out that glowing elephant in the room Smile

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:45 pm 
last time here

all right opp....1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10..

i'm kool!! Wink Wink Wink Laughing

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
lamebrain like o'reilly or limbaugh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lamebrains thats hillarious. Laughing Laughing
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:48 pm 
last time here

hey 2tap..wanna see something funny??
google donahugh and oreilly...
remember phil donahugh???? he was on oreilly's show....
talk about fireworks!!!!!!!

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:12 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You mean the guy the Libs tried to resurrect from the TV graveyard. Ya I saw it sort of a last big blast for old Phil on the No1 cable news talk show. Laughing
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:25 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ima gonna get lambasted for saying this, just because a person attends a church, doesn't mean that they adhere to all of the tenets set forth by the mission statement, like my church. The Episcopal Church seems to get lambasted for John Shelby Spong's theological statements, but I don't necessarily agree with him....just something to think about....dunno.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:31 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: