FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Thrift City bar busted Saturday Poker machines, cash seized

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=local&id=4157169

Hmm PRIORITY PRIORITY PRIORITY!!

Crime is crime. The problem is the priority. Which is a higher priority to the people of Flint?
Poker game in a bar? or Catching Criminals stealing siding off houses?
Poker game in a bar? or Catching the Criminals breaking into your house?
Poker game in a bar? or Catching Car Thieves? (we can't do that, the city will loose revenue.)
Poker game in a bar? or Catching the thieves pawning your car stereo?
Poker game in a bar? or Catching the drug dealer hanging out on your street corner.
Poker game in a bar? or Catching the criminals that stole the guns out of your house?
Poker game in a bar? or Catching the robbers that broke into the liquor store?
Poker game in a bar? or Catching the robbers that robbed the "quick stop"?
Get the picture?

I feel so much safer now that Police have arrested these violent criminals on the eastside.
Wait a second. No one was arrested. They got hardened criminals off the street! Well, not really. They got those poker machines that breaking into peoples houses and cars. Hmmm That wasn't it either. Can someone please tell me how. This FIGHTS crime in the city of Flint?

In all seriousness. it doesn't. Going back to my article in the Uncommon Sense. The only crime Flint will fight. Is Crime that pays. 21,000 in cash. They didn't investigate the six cars broken into on Levern three weeks ago. They did take a report. So that those who CANNOT afford full coverage insurance (because the city's attitude is "TURN IT INTO YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY" so the rates are unaffordable) can get the shaft. Weed and Seed money was spent taking hardened criminals off the streets. Oops, I'm wrong again.

Here is where the problem is. If the bar had KENO, where the state could make money off the gambling. That would have been just fine. But, if the state can't make money of the "SIN." Then you can't either!
Post Tue May 09, 2006 10:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Shut Up Ted! Your the only one in Flint that cares about how time and money is wasted in the Flint police dept. Your the only one that it bothers that the Flint police department is over staffed and we still can't catch criminals that draw a line from the scene all the way to their house.

Your barking up the wrong tree. Flint is just to happy rolling along, maintaining the status quo, doing thing the same way they've been done for years. It doesn't matter violent crime is going up for the last two years. We just made 21,000 busting gambling in a bar. Your not going to change it! There isn't any money in catching criminals.

I can't believe we wasted weed and seed money when the police should have first given them a ticket, or a warning. If the police had given them a warning or ticket in the past. What real under cover work needed to be done?
Post Wed May 10, 2006 6:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
rapunzel

Ted, I received the notice on the "bust" prior to the news story. I didn't post it for all of the reasons you mentioned.

I would rather see a drug house or a theft ring investigated. Still I have known a man to be killed over a quarter pool game ( and he only had one leg).

Weed and Seed meetings are only quarterly. So it would be a while before I could voice our concerns on that particular initative.

You are right,
RAP
Post Wed May 10, 2006 6:33 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Thank you, I feel better now. Very Happy

I'm all for enforcing the law. I don't understand why they didn't first ticket them or cite them for the violation. Why did it have to be some big undercover investigation. Seems to me. They were pretty darn open about it. Possibly didn't even realize that this was a "Big Deal" (I doubt that, they should have). I hate to always be so critical of the Flint Police. I want them to do their job. I want them to fight crime. When I see them turn around. Stop making excuses for not doing their job. When I call down town to ask a question and am surprised by the officer on the other end, actually treating me with respect, concern, and being taken serious. I’ll be the first one to start singing their praises. That' all I'm asking. Do the job. Do it professionally. Stop whining about being over manned. And do something with the people you've got. "YES THEY ARE WAY OVER STAFFED" I'll defend that statement until the day I'm found floating in the Flint river. I’ve got and overwhelming amount of evidence to prove it. The uncommon Sense couldn’t print all of it. But, they printed enough. Least wise enough to get people to think for themselves.
Post Wed May 10, 2006 9:21 pm 
GuestII

I just heard today that "Down the Hatch" has the same machines and operates them the same way. So much so. It is difficult to order a beer becuase the staff is trying to win off the machines. Wonder why they haven't been hit with big undercover investigation??
Post Mon May 15, 2006 2:03 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Hmm, could there be a reationship between Down the Hatch and the Mayor? Interesting.
Post Mon May 15, 2006 7:46 pm 
rapunzel

Which Down the Hatch??? East, North, West or all of the above? Down the Tracks..ect. Craig Hatch is very careful to stay out of trouble with his friends.

Ted, FYI heard the bust on Thrift was originally a drug investigation and went from there. So the money confiscated will go into further drug investigations ...hopefully...
Post Mon May 15, 2006 10:55 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
the bust on Thrift was originally a drug investigation and went from there. So the money confiscated will go into further drug investigations

Just kind of proves my point. That the only crime they will "Fight/investigate" is that which makes money for Flint. Too bad so sad for those who get their cars stolen or homes broken into. Or mugged or shot. Those crimes cost the taxpayer. They don't fill the city coffers with extra $$ for overtime. They already extort the tax dollars, while getting nothing but a hard time out of the police dept. And there is not a damn thing we can do about it.

Also, WHy then did TV12 run the story as a gambling bust if the main focus was supposed to be drugs? There wasn't even a mention of drugs in the story. Sound like more smoke blowing to me.

I just saw that lady whose son was shot at the city council meeting again. She has gone before the council how many times? She's been on the eric mayes show. Yet, she still cannot get any response or respect from the police. THe Bottom line. She is the kids MOther. She should be the first informed. She shouldn't be getting nothing second hand. THe police shouldn't be talking to the girlfriend or anyone without talking to her first. She should be the most knowledgable person about the crime. Next to the investigating officer.

THis is not a race or even economic issuse. It's just plain the sad way the Police in Flint do business. Nothing more nothing less.

I also chuckled at how quick they were to refer her to the ombudsman office. They've had the oppertunity to do something for months now. Refferals, and passing along phone numbers and made some phone calls. What BANANA should have done was talk her down to the Chiefs office himself. And sit there with her until the chief produced the investigating officer and made sure she got all the infromation available to help ease her mind that the Police were doing their job. Oops, I know, I shouldn't expect elected officials do that which I would have done myself. I really have to stop expecting people to live up to my own expectations. Especially, my elected officials. We seem to expect at least the "LEAST" out of them. Anything more is obviously a gift.
Post Tue May 16, 2006 8:40 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: