FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Michigan Democrats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
simon schreef:
quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
quote:
simon schreef:

I am swimming for OBAMA Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes

Just one small problem, Simon. Obama is not on the Michigan primary ballot. You'll have to write his name in. I think the Michigan Democratic Party wants those whose candidates are not on the ballot to vote "uncommitted."

YOU ARE RIGHT!this travisty is brought to you by Mark Brewer Chairdog of the Mich Dem Pty. I heard hin say that the Obama people and other candidates not on the ballot are asking their people to vote uncommitted. I just do not believe that.Why would he lie? Oh his lips were moving! No there more-Why because there is a qualifying amount on the write ins 15% as a GUESS. IF OBAMA DOES NOT GET 15% WRITE IN THOSE VOTES are lost...but when the chairdog said it Obama did not have a chance..watch IOWA he does now.!!!!!!!! Laughing

The political professionals plan on stealing the uncommitted delegate votes from the real uncommitted and give the vote to Hillary. The chairdog set this up, it is a plan to deliver/steal the election for Hillary. Evil or Very Mad

VOTE WRITE IN! VOTE OBAMA! LEARN THE RULE! SHOW UP, SPEAK UP, DON'T LEAVE UNTIL THE VOTE IS ANNOUNCED..OBAMA!OBAMA!OBAMA! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That was fun! Cool

Oh! The Ron Paul people do scare me. It feels like 1930's with them.
Twisted Evil

Even if you write in Santa Claus it ddoesn't matter as the DNC has already voted to strip Michigan of its delegates... I think this was the point of the OP.

Hmm,,, 1930s eh? We are on the verge of a dollar collapse, We are on the verge of yet another war we cannot afford. We are suffering from an internal problem of the average American feeling powerless... yep, its 1930s all right, not sure what RP supporters have to do w/ it....

The fact that they want to get it fixed before we hit 1939 is what drew me in.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:39 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
Actually, I want to make the Republicans get hurt and hurt badly!
I think you're misdirecting hostility. They're not the ones who screwed up the Michigan primary. This kind of attitude destroys rather than builds, and it will have a snowball effect that will affect all of us no matter which party preference.

Repubicans helped to screw up the Michigan primary and they are screwing up the Michigan legislature. Republicans definitely screwed up the United States. Besides, Republicans screwed up the 1972 Michigan Democratic primary by voting for George Wallace who won the Democratic primary that year. In 1980, only the GOP participated in the Michigan primary and the crossover and independent voters allowed John McCain to win the Republican primary that year, beating George W. Bush.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:38 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Twotap, I refuse to vote in the primary as well.

Why would you think Twotap cares one way or another? Confused

quote:
Repubicans helped to screw up the Michigan primary and they are screwing up the Michigan legislature.

Not only that but them damn Republicans have figured out how to rig voting machines in Democrat controled precincts all across the nation so that their guy always wins. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:17 am 
last time here

well sure, they MADE the machines!! donut eatin greasy......... Shocked Shocked Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:09 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Obama and other candidates not on the Michigan primary ballot have until 4 p.m. today to announce their intent to the Michigan Secretary of State office in Lansing or any write-in votes to them will not count.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:44 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
Repubicans helped to screw up the Michigan primary and they are screwing up the Michigan legislature. Republicans definitely screwed up the United States. Besides, Republicans screwed up the 1972 Michigan Democratic primary by voting for George Wallace who won the Democratic primary that year. In 1980, only the GOP participated in the Michigan primary and the crossover and independent voters allowed John McCain to win the Republican primary that year, beating George W. Bush.

Wow...1972? 1980? It's time to get over that.

As for 2007, the State House approved the January 15 primary by a vote of 67-34. Voting in favor were 38 Republicans and 29 Democrats. It was signed by Governor Granholm September 3, 2007. Last I checked, she was a Democrat.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:38 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:

As for 2007, the State House approved the January 15 primary by a vote of 67-34. Voting in favor were 38 Republicans and 29 Democrats. It was signed by Governor Granholm September 3, 2007. Last I checked, she was a Democrat.

Man oh man, I'm not sure what she is other than "in way over her head..."

Toilet monster Toilet monster Toilet monster Toilet monster Toilet monster Toilet monster

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:53 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree with you FC I think I am going to do that too.

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
I thinking of voting in the Republican primary just to f*#@ up the GOP by picking that party's least liked candidate. How about Ron Paul?

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
I agree with you FC I think I am going to do that too.

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
I thinking of voting in the Republican primary just to f*#@ up the GOP by picking that party's least liked candidate. How about Ron Paul?

Applause Applause

Glad to have ya, regardless of motives Smile Anyone anti-neocon should join your movement Very Happy

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:45 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Ron Paul is definately not liked by the GOP establishment. Ron Paul would mess up the neoconservative majority in the GOP's plan to spread peace and happiness and democracy and Christianity around the world while killing all the evil Muslims. It's sounds nice but so does giving everyone welfare and then nobody having to work.

Now might be a good time for democrats to swing over. There is word Russia might have a problem with us nuking Iran which a lot of neocons supprt. That could be a problem along with $200 or $300/per barrel oil.

I imagine neoconservative Republicans will be flocking to the polls in droves to try and beat back Ron Paul. I wonder if any of them even realize what little that remains of their social security money is being spent on Iraq.

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:55 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

It's now too late for those not on the ballot to have their write-in votes count:

quote:
No Democratic candidates file paperwork to accept write-in votes
1/4/2008, 6:05 p.m. EST
By KATHY BARKS HOFFMAN
The Associated Press

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — No write-in votes for presidential candidates in the Jan. 15 primary will be counted, secretary of state officials said Friday.

Candidates had until 4 p.m. Friday to file a form indicating they would accept write-in votes. Secretary of state spokeswoman Kelly Chesney said none did.

All of the Republican candidates still in the race are on the state's GOP ballot.

But Democrats John Edwards, Barack Obama, Bill Richardson and Joe Biden took their names off the Michigan ballot to satisfy Iowa and New Hampshire, which were unhappy Michigan was challenging their leadoff status on the primary calendar. That leaves only Hillary Rodham Clinton, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel and Christopher Dodd.

Dodd's name will remain on the ballot even though he dropped out of the race after Thursday's Iowa caucuses. Biden also dropped out Thursday.

Michigan Democratic Party Chairman Mark Brewer on Friday urged Democrats to vote in their own primary and to vote for "Uncommitted" if they didn't have a favorite on the ballot.

"For the supporters of ... John Edwards, Barack Obama and Bill Richardson, I recommend that you vote uncommitted. If you vote uncommitted, and "Uncommitted" receives sufficient votes, delegates will be sent to the national convention who will be free to vote for whichever candidate they like, including one of those four," Brewer said in a video posted on YouTube.

Although Clinton is expected to easily win Michigan's Democratic primary, her campaign could lose some of its luster if enough Michigan Democrats vote "Uncommitted," showing a lack of support for her candidacy.

Conversely, a win here may not help her much because her main rivals aren't on the ballot. Kucinich is the only candidate so far who has indicated he will campaign in Michigan before the primary election.

The Michigan AFL-CIO, which has not endorsed a candidate, said in a Friday release that Obama and Edwards may have made a tactical error by not competing in Michigan's primary.

"The organization has reminded its affiliates that it was the decision of the Obama and Edwards campaigns to remove themselves from Michigan's ballot. Both campaigns may now regret this decision," the union organization said.

So if your candidate is not on the ballot, all you can do is vote for "uncommitted." The alternative, in my opinion, was what I mentioned further up this thread. Crossover to the GOP and f#%@ up their primary by voting for someone like Ron Paul who is least liked by the GOP establishment.

Last edited by Flinn's Journal on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:24 pm 
last time here

well, i'll just be damned!!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Evil or Very Mad
thank you mr. brewer. Guy with axe

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:48 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

It is now official. Michigan Democrats have been stripped of its delegates to the Democratic National Convention:

quote:
CQ TODAY
Jan. 5, 2008 – 7:34 p.m.
Michigan’s Jan. 15 Primary Draws Full Smackdown from DNC
By Marie Horrigan, CQ Staff
Michigan Democrats, who have scheduled a Jan. 15 presidential primary in violation of scheduling rules set by the Democratic National Committee (DNC), have been officially stripped of their entire 156-member delegation to the party’s national convention in August.

Saturday marked the end of the 30-day grace period the Democratic National Committee’s rules and bylaws committee gave the Michigan Democratic Party to set up an alternative to the Jan. 15 primary, which was established by a recently enacted state law that passed in the Michigan legislature with bipartisan support and was signed into law by Democratic Gov. Jennifer M. Granholm . The DNC invoked a similar penalty on the Florida Democratic Party, which is going ahead with a Jan. 29 primary that also violates the national party’s scheduling rules.

Those rules set Feb. 5 as the threshold date for almost all states to begin holding their primaries and caucuses. The DNC provided exceptions only for two traditional presidential campaign kickoff events — the Iowa caucuses Jan. 3 and the New Hampshire primary Jan. 8 — and two other events moved up to add some demographic and regional diversity to the early stages of the nominating process: caucuses in Nevada that are scheduled for Jan. 19 and a South Carolina primary Jan. 26.

DNC officials — who originally approved a Feb. 9 caucus for Michigan Democrats before that event was superceded by the Jan. 15 primary law — stated early on that they would apply the maximum penalty of delegate revocation on any state that broke the Feb. 5 threshold without permission, and reiterated that position strongly and sternly. The national party also prevailed successfully upon its presidential candidates to eschew campaigning in states that broke the scheduling rules.

But the candidates had different interpretations of whether they were obligated to pull their names off Michigan’s primary ballot, which has produced a major imbalance. The only candidate among the Democratic front-runners whose name is on the Michigan ballot is New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton ; she is joined only by two longshots who are still bidding for votes — Ohio Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich and former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel — and Connecticut Sen. Christopher J. Dodd , who quit the race after a poor performance in Iowa.

Illinois Sen. and Iowa caucus winner Barack Obama and former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards , who ran narrowly ahead of Clinton to finish second in Iowa, both had their names removed from the ballot. So did New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson , who still is an active candidate, and Delaware Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr. , who like Dodd dropped out after attracting little support in Iowa.

That essentially leaves Michigan Democrats who would prefer to support those candidates with only the option of voting “uncommitted.”

Yet even with the non-participation of two of the top three Democratic candidates and severe penalties from the national party, Michigan Democratic Chairman Mark Brewer repeated his claim that Michigan ultimately will have its delegates restored and pull its weight at the Democratic National Convention in August.

“I know there’s been a lot of reports out there about our delegation not being seated at the national convention, but I have every confidence that our delegation’s going to be seated and those delegates will be elected based on the results of our primary,” Brewer said in an address posted on YouTube.com.

Brewer said that “in many ways,” the Jan. 15 contest would be like a regular primary. But he encouraged Democrats who want to support one of the candidates not on the ballot to vote “uncommitted.” If sufficient uncommitted delegates are elected, they will be free to vote for any candidate at the convention, including the candidates who withdrew from the ballot, Brewer said.

“No matter what you do, please get out and vote on Jan. 15th,” he said.

So the Michigan Democratic Party has been punished by the national party. Because the early primary was a bipartisan effort, I'll do what I mentioned already which is to punish the Michigan Republican Party by voting for Ron Paul in the Michigan Republican Primary. The Michigan GOP will at least get half its delegates seated in the Republican National Convention.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:42 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Those 8 to 10 votes ya pick up off this forum along with yours will really punish those Repubs. Laughing Looks to me like you dems were once again out played or outfoxed and basically screwed over by incompetent leadership in your own party. Laughing
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:10 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
So the Michigan Democratic Party has been punished by the national party. Because the early primary was a bipartisan effort, I'll do what I mentioned already which is to punish the Michigan Republican Party by voting for Ron Paul in the Michigan Republican Primary. The Michigan GOP will at least get half its delegates seated in the Republican National Convention.

Of course it's the Republicans fault all those Democrats voted for the early primary.

Ron Paul doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the Republican nomination.

All of this just proves that Michigan is irrelevant. The DNC doesn't care about Michigan. Barack Obama doesn't care about Michigan. John Edwards doesn't care about Michigan. Hillary only cares about getting elected (which won't happen).
Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:13 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: