FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Michigan Democrats
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
tpangle
F L I N T O I D

Hello,

I am writing this letter as a Michigan resident, and proud American. I realize as a almost life-long resident here, Michigan has a long standing history of Democratic support. Many Democrats I've spoken with in Michigan feel very disappointed in the way Michigan's Democratic Primary has turned out. For those of you who may not know, two of the major Democratic candidates will not be appearing for you to voice your vote for. Neither John Edwards, nor Barrak Obama will be appearing on the January 15th Democratic primary ballot. It is also quite possible that if you do indeed choose to vote in the Democratic primary, your vote will Not matter! [reference: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22054151/] as the Democratic National Convention is looking at stripping Michigan of its delegates reguardless of the outcome of January 15th.

With that being said. I would like to take this opportunity to urge you, rather than let your voice be unheard this January 15th, to come to the polls on January 15th, and vote for Dr. Ron Paul in the Republican Primary. "Why on earth as a Democrat would I want to do that?" you may ask. Well, the answer is simple. Dr. Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate who stands against the status quo Republicans. With his Libertarian ideals, he has received more donations from our current military personnel than Any other candidate (of either party) He supports your personal freedoms and voted against the Patriot act, the Iraq war, and most of the other questionable actions of the current Bush Administration. There are dozens of other reasons, and if you care to look, I recommend his website as a good place to begin looking over his platform which he backs up with a solid 20 year voting record as a member of the House of Representatives. It can be located at www.RonPaul2008.com .

Once again, I would ask you to consider this in order to let your voice be heard and to let the world know that Michigan, along with most other states in the Union, are sick and tired of these Neo-Conservative, "New Republicans" destroying our reputation, economy, morals, and future place in the world.

Thank you for your time,
Todd Pangle
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:06 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

I'm glad you signed your name to that. Before I saw your signature I thought tpangle was that funny little triangle they put on the toilet paper in the classier hotels.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:36 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Applause

...FC... LOL

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:49 pm 
last time here

i'm disgruntled..i refuse to vote in the primary. Mad Mad Mad

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:25 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I thinking of voting in the Republican primary just to f*#@ up the GOP by picking that party's least liked candidate. How about Ron Paul?

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:39 pm 
simon
F L I N T O I D

We , in flintparty, are ready to work with Stanley and the democratic party. Exclamation

As Williamson said Wednesday the county's new leader won't hurt relations between City Hall and the nine-member county commission.

I suspect that who ever the council picks to fill the vacancy on the Flint Council will make no difference either.

We are elated that Stanley also promised a no-hard-feelings approach. Because the best interests of the people are at stake," Laughing

Lets keep the people"in the loop," and to put in the time and effort required of the job.

The world will be watching during the presidential primary, lets put forward our best FACE. Very Happy

Oh! The Ron Paul people scare me. Shocked

I am swimming for OBAMA Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:43 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

quote:
simon schreef:

I am swimming for OBAMA Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Very Happy Laughing Rolling Eyes

Just one small problem, Simon. Obama is not on the Michigan primary ballot. You'll have to write his name in. I think the Michigan Democratic Party wants those whose candidates are not on the ballot to vote "uncommitted."

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:50 pm 
simon
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
quote:
simon schreef:

Just one small problem, Simon. Obama is not on the Michigan primary ballot. You'll have to write his name in. I think the Michigan Democratic Party wants those whose candidates are not on the ballot to vote "uncommitted."

YOU ARE RIGHT!this travisty is brought to you by Mark Brewer Chairdog of the Mich Dem Pty. I heard hin say that the Obama people and other candidates not on the ballot are asking their people to vote uncommitted. I just do not believe that.Why would he lie? Oh his lips were moving! No there more-Why because there is a qualifying amount on the write ins 15% as a GUESS. IF OBAMA DOES NOT GET 15% WRITE IN THOSE VOTES are lost...but when the chairdog said it Obama did not have a chance..watch IOWA he does now.!!!!!!!! Laughing

The political professionals plan on stealing the uncommitted delegate votes from the real uncommitted and give the vote to Hillary. The chairdog set this up, it is a plan to deliver/steal the election for Hillary. Evil or Very Mad

VOTE WRITE IN! VOTE OBAMA! LEARN THE RULE! SHOW UP, SPEAK UP, DON'T LEAVE UNTIL THE VOTE IS ANNOUNCED..OBAMA!OBAMA!OBAMA! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

That was fun! Cool

Last edited by simon on Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why OBAMA? He has no record?? What has he done??

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
simon
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:
Why OBAMA? He has no record?? What has he done??

Think of the image we could present to the world that we are tearing up with armies on the ground etc.. A black Muslim American, smart, aggresive, a tuned moral compass. It would be a new day. What the world thinks of us does matter. On the home front. A new leader no baggage the hearts and minds of the people looking for a prosperous future in his hand. What an opportunity.

Bob Segar has a record. John Kennedy had no record. George Bush had no national or international record. The man , Obama,spent his apprenticeship in a state house, mastered it in congress. The campaign process establishes your ability to organize a country.

Obama will build a team, thats the test. Does he have the ability? I say yes.

The test to be president has 50+ states to go for nomination then a general election where you do it over agin. Thats the forge which tempers the steel of a candidate. I predict he will pass these tests.

One thing about opinions ...everybody has one.

Obama will get us out of the rut we are in. Our congress is stuck. Something has to happen by a change in direction and national leadership. My hope is that the Dems with Obama will sweep the presidency and congress.

One thing about opinions most people have a couple.

Steve, thank you for asking.

OBAMA THAT NAME IS GOING AROUND THE WORLD RIGHT NOW..HE COULD MAKE US A GREAT NATION ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA WON IOWA!!!!

Last edited by simon on Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:29 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Twotap, I refuse to vote in the primary as well. Received a Romney campaign flier in the mail the other day; I crossed off their postage square and my name and address, put two stamps on it (oversized) and wrote "Return to Sender in Protest of Michigan Primary!" Nice-sounding young lady called at 5:45 p.m., called me by name, identified herself and proceeded to read her long spiel of attributes for her candidate; then she asked if I would be supporting Ron Paul in the primary. When I said, "Got a minute?" she responded "Not really, I've got a long list of calls to make."

To Flinn's Journal: You think your declaring to be a Republican to get a Republican ballot and vote for any of their candidates is going to hurt them? Not! If you care about your privacy you won't be hurting anyone but yourself. You'll be on their list forever. Plus, if you vote Republican in the primary and don't really intend Republican support for the long haul it's not fair to them. It's like being an "Indian Giver" if you don't really mean it. I would much rather withhold my vote in protest if it's not going to count--my candidate is not on the ballot and I'm not going to play the Michigan Damocrats' game! If the Michigan Damocrats want to change campaign and voting laws there should be legal ways to do it without screwing the people who do follow the rules.

I won't be sending all the campaign junk back, though I've considered saving it all in a bag to see just how silly and expensive it gets. Maybe Mark Bonto could start a major project collecting all campaign material to truck back to headquarters to recycle for profit. I'm sure he could think of some funny lines to accompany the delivery, maybe to emphasize how much candidates waste duplicating mailings when once is enough; all this junk causes dyslexia or ADD rather than focus; they're wasting, we're trying to help them save; or how easy it is to waste money when it is given to you rather than coming out of your own pocket.

I've heard some of the Iowa people say they'd like to see some campaign laws changed, they're sick of all the phone calls, mail and door knockers. And I agree!
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:42 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

Actually, I want to make the Republicans get hurt and hurt badly. I want a Republican McGovern or a national version of Dick DeVos or Geoffrey Feiger to win the Republican nomination so that the Democratic nominee would win in a landslide!

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:26 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
Actually, I want to make the Republicans get hurt and hurt badly. I want a Republican McGovern or a national version of Dick DeVos or Geoffrey Feiger to win the Republican nomination so that the Democratic nominee would win in a landslide!

Oh no ya don't...Feiger is a Democrat.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:40 pm 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

It doesn't matter. Feiger still lost big to that buffoon Engler who could have lost had the Democrats got a better nominee.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:45 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
Actually, I want to make the Republicans get hurt and hurt badly!
I think you're misdirecting hostility. They're not the ones who screwed up the Michigan primary. This kind of attitude destroys rather than builds, and it will have a snowball effect that will affect all of us no matter which party preference.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:25 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: