FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Jay "scab" Leno
Goto page Previous  1, 2
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
simon
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Gumby schreef:

quote:
We Flintoids owe our life blood to the union movement.

Wow a lot of good those unions are doing for us right now. We are teetering on life support here in Flint. A big part of that is due to the unions getting rediculous wages for work that requires minimal skills.

I am not removing the blame from GM and corporate greed here but I am not sure I would pay $30 an hour for some barely high school educated person to bolt on fenders all day.

The unions started out with great intentions but they got too greedy as well.

I am a member of the UAW but not by choice, if I didn't pay my 5 bucks a week I would be out of a job because somehow my desk job for the State is part of a union for Auto Workers all of which make a lot more money than me and most of them claim that I am over paid with my two college degrees.

We did not defend our economic borders. Ask your congessman or u.s. senators what have they done in the last 10 yrs to defend this country economically? Then react! There is enough blame to go around. What we need now is a plan and new blood to cause it to happen.We are at economic war, thats the real battle field.Its an old line but Obama will prove it true agan Its time for a change. He is now the catalyst for this message. The Clintons are fully capable of taking it from him but for now he should ride that wave for all it is worth. .....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. ...Be loud!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:19 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
simon schreef:
quote:
Gumby schreef:

quote:
We Flintoids owe our life blood to the union movement.

Wow a lot of good those unions are doing for us right now. We are teetering on life support here in Flint. A big part of that is due to the unions getting rediculous wages for work that requires minimal skills.

I am not removing the blame from GM and corporate greed here but I am not sure I would pay $30 an hour for some barely high school educated person to bolt on fenders all day.

The unions started out with great intentions but they got too greedy as well.

I am a member of the UAW but not by choice, if I didn't pay my 5 bucks a week I would be out of a job because somehow my desk job for the State is part of a union for Auto Workers all of which make a lot more money than me and most of them claim that I am over paid with my two college degrees.

We did not defend our economic borders. Ask your congessman or u.s. senators what have they done in the last 10 yrs to defend this country economically? Then react! There is enough blame to go around. What we need now is a plan and new blood to cause it to happen.We are at economic war, thats the real battle field.Its an old line but Obama will prove it true agan Its time for a change. He is now the catalyst for this message. The Clintons are fully capable of taking it from him but for now he should ride that wave for all it is worth. .....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. ...Be loud!

I find myself almost taken aback by saying this, but your first point is an excellent one simon. Yes our unions have been corrupted as bad as these corporations are, but the lack of economic borders has done more to destroy Michigan than corrupt unions....

Lets not forget who vowed to "I will not sign that legislation" and then tripped over himself once elected to slather his signature all over NAFTA.
I can't even imagine what would happen under Billy 2.0...

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:23 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: