FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ron Paul TROLL Watch!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

Ron Paul Troll [RPT]Watch. Like agents out of the MATRIX the RPT's are descending upon us.
http://flinttalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=21273#21273

An Internet troll, or simply troll in
Internet slang -is someone who posts controversial messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting other users into responding emotionally

The rise of the expression "concern troll" reflects an expanded definition of troll as someone whose posts have the primary goal of disrupting or de-railing an internet community. "Troll" is also used in a broader Negative sense to question the good faith of any Internet user who has annoyed the person using the term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
The RPT's have the feel of those who followed
Lyndon Hermyle LaRouche, Jr.

Follow closely we can all learn something about internet politics from them! Stupid they are not! I invite their debate.

Last edited by yaryrret on Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:22 am 
yaryrret
F L I N T O I D

Dec. 3, 2007 | MANCHESTER, N.H. -- It's about 8 o'clock on Saturday night, and
...the din of about a hundred soused Paul fans traps the words in his fake white beard. "Santa is Ron Paul's elf," he finally manages to tell me. "We want to give the gift of freedom this year ." ...

About 10 minutes earlier, Texas Rep. Paul, a lithe 72-year-old obstetrician running a quixotic Republican campaign for president, arrived at the bar with a wide-eyed state policeman in tow.

You would have thought Bono had come to Murphy's. Young and old crushed to the door, waved their arms and stood on chairs to get a glimpse of the man. A 21-year-old from Brooklyn, N.Y., Violet Zharov, presented the candidate with a layer cake she had purchased with her own money, inscribed in frosting: "You're our hero. We love you Ron Paul." A former door-to-door frozen meat salesman, Curtis Fenimore, 26, from Wilmington, N.C., began shouting out cheers. "Who you gonna call?" The crowd responded: "Ron Paul!"

Of the mass of supporters, only a handful worked for Paul's nine-person New Hampshire campaign operation. The rest had traveled to Manchester, where the wind chill blows at 3 degrees Fahrenheit, at their own expense, through their own online organizations, determined to canvass the state for the only politician they believe can save the country from tyranny and financial ruin.

Some, like Laura and Wesley Lounsburg, of Cane Beds, Ariz., brought their young children and rented a house so they can canvass nonstop through the Jan. 8 primary. Some, like Vijay Boyapati, a former engineer at Google in Washington state, quit their jobs to move here, so they could organize and raise money for the effort. Others, like Matthew Rammelkamp, a 23-year-old from Long Island, N.Y., have just come up for the weekend.

"These are life-and-death real issues ," Rammelkamp tells me. He says he is worried about an economic depression , which could begin next year if the dollar continues to fall and the federal government does not deal with the national debt. He says he is worried about government increasingly violating the rights of citizens, especially if there is another terrorist attack.

"The government is building FEMA camps," he says. "They want to put chips in our arms." Though he still lives with his parents, he says he has given $2,300 to the Paul campaign, using a credit card that charges no interest for a year.

"It's an investment," he explains. "All I got to do is make back a few thousand dollars a year from now."

After circling the room with his security, Paul is again bombarded with chants. "Speech, speech, speech," holler his supporters. The congressman climbs onto a chair, looking giddy. "You have gotten rid of my skepticism. I was a skeptic," he calls out. "You are the campaign. I have joined the revolution ." There is a roar.

Just what the Ron Paul revolution entails is a matter of considerable confusion right now among the political chattering class. In Iowa, he is polling at around 5 percent, just a couple points behind Arizona Sen. John McCain and far from the leaders, Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabeee.

In New Hampshire, where independents and Democrats can vote in the Republican primary, he polls in the high single digits, with his numbers ticking up in recent weeks. But the early primary states are not likely to catapult Paul into front-runner status. A recent University of New Hampshire poll found that 61 percent of the state's likely Republican primary voters would not consider voting for Paul under any circumstances.

At the same time, the Paul campaign has created something far bigger than just the best canvassing after-parties in the 2008 cycle. His message -- a vocal opposition to the war in Iraq, a strict libertarian interpretation of the Constitution and a wholesale rejection of the nation's economic policies -- have caused tens of thousands to rally to his cause, including many who typically shun the political game.

"I never voted before in my life," says Trevor Lyman, 37, a former music promoter who now does independent online fundraising for Paul. "I always thought that the system was working. The war showed me that it wasn't ."
A Web site Lyman built raised $4.2 million for Paul from more than 38,000 Americans in a single day, Nov. 5, which was chosen because it was the day Guy Fawkes, a 17th century British revolutionary, had attempted to blow up parliament with gunpowder.

Until Saturday night at Murphy's, Lyman had never met Paul, and to this day, Paul has never seen "V for Vendetta," the 2005 cinematic thriller that familiarized Lyman with the Fawkes story. But none of that matters to either Paul or Lyman. For most of this year, Paul has effectively given up control of his campaign effort to his supporters, who organize online, through Meetup groups and Web sites like Operationlivefreeordie.com. At his own volition, Lyman is now organizing another major fundraising day, Dec. 16, a date commemorating the Boston Tea Party in 1773. "I would bet almost anything that we will beat $4.2 million," Lyman tells me at Murphy's.

Already, he adds, 23,000 people have pledged to donate on that day.
Such mass mobilization has inspired Paul, a lifelong libertarian who has often been treated in Congress as a dotty old outcast with strange ideas. Throughout his political career he has argued for legalizing gold and silver as legal tender, ending most foreign aid, abolishing the income tax, eliminating the Department of Education, and ending the federal war on drugs, among other things.

But it is his constant and outspoken opposition to the war in Iraq and President Bush's expansion of federal powers in the war on terror that has gained him notoriety . His appearance as the antiwar gadfly at recent Republican presidential debates turned him into a sort of counterculture star . "What has happened to me is almost unbelievable," he told a group of college students Saturday morning in Manchester. "The campaign is going much further along than I have ever dreamed."

That progression has prompted Paul to begin hitting the campaign trail in earnest in recent weeks. For most of the year, Paul resisted the traditional candidate role by choosing not to visit early primary states while Congress remained in session.

But this weekend brought a flurry of events in New Hampshire; on Saturday, there was a speech in Manchester, a stroll down Main Street in Nashua, a visit to a gun store in Hooksett, and a town hall in Salem attended by about 50. In the course of the day, however, he encountered no more than a few hundred local residents, in part because so many of the people who showed up at his town hall came from out of state.
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/12/03/ron_paul/
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:36 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
An Internet troll, or simply troll in
Internet slang -is someone who posts controversial messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum with the intention of baiting other users into responding emotionally

Sample Usage:
Posting on an internet forum, preemptively calling someone a name based on the fact that you know they are an advocate to a cause, to provoke a response.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:26 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

You can actually go see the FEMA camps in Michigan. Who knows what they are for. I'm sure they are classified. Maybe they are for illegal immigrants or maybe it's for security reasons in case we have a terrorist situation when one of the terrorists who are free to stroll across the Mexican border finally strikes.

There's also this guy called the comptroller of the United States. He goes around telling about how the government is going to collapse.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KGpY2hw7ao8

I have read that we are already cutting down on social security benefits so I suppose that will help some.

It's a fact that my generation will be poorer than the previous generation.

President Ronald Reagan had this quote in 1964 "our national debt is one and a half times bigger than all the combined debts of all the nations in the world. We have $15 billion in gold in our treasury--we don't own an ounce. Foreign dollar claims are $27.3 billion, and we have just had announced that the dollar of 1939 will now purchase 45 cents in its total value." http://www.reaganfoundation.org/reagan/speeches/rendezvous.asp

Things are worse now.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:15 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Where are these "FEMA camps"?
My, and my wife's. Social Security benefits went up 2% for 08, not counting the $95.00 per month they'll take out for medicaid.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Where are these "FEMA camps"?
My, and my wife's. Social Security benefits went up 2% for 08, not counting the $95.00 per month they'll take out for medicaid.

This site is a little alarmist in it's attitude, but the information contained is good.

http://eldib.wordpress.com/2007/10/24/fema-camp-footage-concentrations-camps-in-usa-locations-and-executive-orders/

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:42 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Camp Graying is a FEMA camp. Read about it. One guy talks about going out there to take pictures and how frickin FAST security showed up.

It's exactly that -- alarmist -- but at the same time, look at that stuff about J. Edgar Hoover. Not questioning it is the most dangerous thing we can do.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:30 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
One guy talks about going out there to take pictures and how frickin FAST security showed up.

I believe it has always been that way but has probably been stepped up since 911. Its a military base, a secure site, off limits to uninvited guests, I dont see the problem. Confused

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:52 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If all this is true, what's Bush waiting for before he starts filling those "camps"?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

designed insurrection or insurrection via dissatisfaction. Cool Cool

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:01 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

My guess would be the right moment. Perhaps right after another terrorist attack? After a national ID passes?

And I didn't say it was a problem. My only point (or this guy's point) is that for a place so very deserted it's surprising the security would be so amazing.

Most people who believe it are of the same mind on things like 9/11 (a la Loose Change). Conspiracy theorist's dream.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: