FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: OMG, Look how close we were...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

YOU GOT ME!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

(i love this friggin place!!) Cool

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:25 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
"the negro project"? Shocked

There is a lot of info on the web (you know, LT, google it) that suggests that Margaret Sanger was very active in promoting abortion in the black community so as to, umm, have less black people.

I'm wondering:
1) if that's what was meant by eugenics, and
2) if people here think there is any validity to those claims.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:07 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
THere is nothing about denying a abortion that interferes with a woman's right to do what she will with her body?

Yet, these same people say nothing about the Laws that have convicted women of child abuse because their children were born as crack babies, or addicted to drugs. Those women were doing what the h#ll they wanted to with thier bodies. Yet no one is jumping up and down about the fact they did what they wanted with their bodies??? I don't get you guys?
I am not sure I understand your first statement/question. Abortion and crack babies are two different subjects. The woman who chooses to do crack and ends up with a crack baby must deal with the consequences; if she can't or doesn't take care of that baby, the law steps in to protect the child under child protection laws. The law may give her a chance to straighten up her act and if she doesn't, then she may lose the child. That I agree with. If a woman who is pregnant is doing crack and is convicted of that while pregnant, the law may take her baby at birth until she decides to straighten up her act and I agree with that as well. But, again, she still has the right to choose whether she will do this. I hope this answers your statement/question.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
If my doctor told me NOT to carry an infant to term because of the fact that it could kill the mother and the mother was not able to make that decision legally than, yes, it affects a woman's right to do what she wants to with her bod.

Everytime this arguement comes up. Someone has to bring up the only legitimate arguement. So, I concede, that if abortion was to be made illeagal. There should a an exception for the .004 percent of all abortions that protect the life of the mother. It is considered self defense. I believe that would fall under a seperate law. But, it was needed for the sake fo arguement. I'd be more than happy to concede!

Yet, you've still not proven that it in and of itself affects the woman's right to do with her body whatever she wants? How does it? You've not made one case to prove abortion is an action taken by a woman to her body?

quote:
I am not sure I understand your first statement/question. Abortion and crack babies are two different subjects.

How are they different. The woman didn't give the crack to the baby? If the child is born deformed. How can you hold the woman responsible? She was only doing to her body what she wanted to do! Yes, they are related. Just as how can you hold a MAN responsible for the death of a unborn child. If the Child is only part of a mothers body? You, can hold him responsible for beating the crap out of the mother and causing a miscarriage. But, not the death. OOps the Law differs with me on this one??
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Yet, you've still not proven that it in and of itself affects the woman's right to do with her body whatever she wants? How does it? You've not made one case to prove abortion is an action taken by a woman to her body?
Ted, I'm not trying to prove anything, only offer my own opinion. My opinion is that a woman has the right of choice when it comes to her body. If she desires to have an abortion it should be between her, her doctor, and significant other if there is one. No one should force her not to have an abortion if she wants one. Prove an abortion is an action taken by a woman to her body? Why on earth would I want to do that? There is such a thing as a spontaneous abortion which is strictly involuntary, accidents which cause abortions, and domestic violence sometimes causes unnatural abortions. I really don't get your point.
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
How are they different. The woman didn't give the crack to the baby? If the child is born deformed. How can you hold the woman responsible? She was only doing to her body what she wanted to do! Yes, they are related. Just as how can you hold a MAN responsible for the death of a unborn child. If the Child is only part of a mothers body? You, can hold him responsible for beating the crap out of the mother and causing a miscarriage. But, not the death. OOps the Law differs with me on this one??
You keep adding different circumstances. If a woman thoughtlessly uses crack while she is pregant--I addressed that in my previous post. We weren't talking about domestic violence causing miscarriage in previous post but I've addressed that in my previous paragraph--with the exception of the man being charged with murder. In that case, there are laws to deal with it.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:15 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Twotap:

Is that photo taken at a car place out in the Creek?

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:58 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Twotap:

Is that photo taken at a car place out in the Creek?

Naw, its at LTs garage. Wink Laughing Laughing
Actually that photo came from another forum but if your interested in the ride I can try to find out if its for sale. Laughing

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:06 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

I am soooo sorry to inform you that I would have to say no, because it's missing the original hood ornament, there is not a chance in hades that I could purchase the vehicle without it. Smile

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:18 am 
last time here

actually 2tap, i think that caddie probably belongs to a white dude.

theres no hood ornament!!! Cool

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:44 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Your probably right LT with all them horns on the front its definetly a "Honky" ride. Very Happy

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:17 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Your probably right LT with all them horns on the front its definetly a "Honky" ride. Very Happy

DAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

That was priceless, twotap.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:34 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

found the owner:

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:56 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
found the owner:

Nothing funnier than a thug wannabe. He should come to Flint Town.
Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:10 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

I think he's prolly from Ottumwa, Iowa...

Lots of hood there.

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 pm 
last time here

that wasn't nice!! perhaps he was just going to thank you
for pointing to his low tire.....and there YOU (heston) go
scaring the child with a weapon!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Post Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:13 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: