FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: OMG, Look how close we were...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy y'all:

Please don't take this the wrong way. This is one subject that I feel dearly about. I have been impressed, severely impressed with the tone of the conversations so far, and would really like to get a feel for the opposing side of view, in a non threatening manner and I hope that if anyone feels like I am crossing the line of "snarkiness" aka degredation that someone would point this out to me so we can have a fruitful discussion. My points of view have changed dramatically since I am married to a man that literally has FC's point of view, I kid you not. I have a daughter that just turned 11!!! Egads.

I have discussed this on other forums before, and have moderated forums before with this subject matter, but I have never had this positive vibe before of actually people wanting to listen or offering up their opinions without lambasting one another......kudos to y'all and all of the lurkers.

Sorry for the rambling!!!!!

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:40 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Another FC post, I am not picking on you, you covered a lot of material in one post, I have a very good feeling that you and my husband are of the same denomination, the premiere of the concept of Apostolic Succession. Smile

I will probably answer more tomorrow, if that's okay with you, or if you don't want to hear from me just say so. Smile

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:45 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I just question why if a gal decides to terminate an unwanted pregnency she would wait until it is necessary to do a partial birth abortion. Arent we talking about a fully matured child being killed. Thats got to be a rather disturbing sight I would assume.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:47 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Twotap, I would have to agree with you. I wasn't referring to partial-birth abortion when I wrote the post above. Quite frankly, I had forgotten about it. Here are detailed references on the subject.

Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial-Birth_Abortion_Ban_Act

The Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act--Misconceptions and Realities
http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/PBAall110403.html
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:51 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Andi...I too welcome an open conversation between dissenting opinions. Hopefully we (all of us, not just you and I) can keep it on a higher level.

I didn't mean to suggest that Planned Parenthood does no good. My point about them is that in the discussion of abortion in and of itself their position would certainly appear to be very self-serving.

There was a time, long ago and far away, when that would have caused many to discount their views and look for a more objective source to make a case for or against.
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:54 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Man, are we off topic or what?

(Still waiting to get chopped off at the knees by one of those other ladies who, shall, ummm...remain nameless!)
Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:57 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Here's another thing:

Why do people feel it's ok to undergo infertility treatment and then selectively abort some fetuses? How is that so different?

I won't defend partial birth abortion, I personally don't think anyone SHOULD wait that long, but it's not me and I don't know what circumstances could arise to cause such a situation.

By my thinking, a partial birth abortion is still less barbaric than a coat hanger.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:53 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
By my thinking, a partial birth abortion is still less barbaric than a coat hanger.

I have never witnessed neither and hopefully never will. I could add my thoughts and possible scenerios as to what actually happens during a partial birth abortion of a fully developed human but in the realm of good taste and out of respect to the forum I will not. Shocked

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Planned parenthood was founded by margaret Sanger, a proponent of eugenics. I think their long term goals are the same today.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Planned parenthood was founded by margaret Sanger, a proponent of eugenics. I think their long term goals are the same today.

You mean "The Negro Project?"
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:05 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Yes, considering the timeframe, I loathe that the initial intent may have overtones of eugenics, but one thing that I am certain of is that her intent was to show women how to control their bodies through use of proper methods to prevent unplanned pregnancies. Even at the Lambeth Conference of Anglicans in the 1930's warranted the okay to utilize birth control, but NOT abortion, this also was a contributing factor to the success of the said concept of Birth Control.

Abortion was still a no no and detrimental to womens lives if they were performed in the 1930's. Margaret Sanger was for preventing pregnancy so women would not have to put their lives in danger to get abortions, she wanted the mothers to live to take care of the children that they already had, etc.

Yet fast forward after her death, the idea of planning pregnancies took on a different ideological shift due to the fact that Roe vs. Wade came about.

FWIW.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
I respect Dr. Ron Paul's choice not to perform abortions, but I don't agree with his authoring and supporting legislation that would interfere with a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body. .

I always love it when poeople say this. THere is nothing about denying a abortion that interferes with a woman's right to do what she will with her body?

Yet, these same people say nothing about the Laws that have convicted women of child abuse because their children were born as crack babies, or addicted to drugs. Those women were doing what the h#ll they wanted to with thier bodies. Yet no one is jumping up and down about the fact they did what they wanted with their bodies??? I don't get you guys?
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****I always love it when poeople say this. THere is nothing about denying a abortion that interferes with a woman's right to do what she will with her body?*****

If my doctor told me NOT to carry an infant to term because of the fact that it could kill the mother and the mother was not able to make that decision legally than, yes, it affects a woman's right to do what she wants to with her bod.

Causes of maternal morbidity as noted by the WHO
http://www.who.int/reproductive-health/MNBH/epidemiology.html

*****Yet no one is jumping up and down about the fact they did what they wanted with their bodies??? I don't get you guys?*****

They do.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:36 pm 
last time here

alright ted, i WARNED you about the women here!! Mad Mad Mad Mad

"the negro project"? Shocked

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:56 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
"the negro project"? Shocked

Beats me too, something like this perhaps?????

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:02 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: