FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ron Paul Flint Office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I used to think Reverend Ike was a Flip Wilson creation, until I got a letter from Ike selling the prayer rugs. The bigger the rug, the better your chances of getting your prayers heard. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:03 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Why on earth are people looking for handouts on this forum, all one needs to do is post a link and let the people decide if they want to donate.

It's insulting to the intelligence of the poster......my opinion.

I really didn't think i was looking for handouts, I said that "if you are a supporter" or "if you were interestsed" gave the site. I was just passing along info there was a small moneybomb on the 31st. I am the last one to look for a handout, I'd rather have a vote. Anyone in the past ask me to donate to a politian would get laughed at. I definitely didn't come to this forum to spam Dr. Ron support, and hope that is not the impression you take from me.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:11 am 
last time here

hey opprimo...remember, you were WARNED about the ladies
in here!!!

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey Opprimo,

Yes, I did think that, to be honest. Over the next 10 months or so this forum and all of us in our snailmail boxes will be inundated with requests for donations.

If that was not your intent, I am sorry for insinuating that it was.

Respectfully,
Andi

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:55 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Hey LTH.....does that mean that I act like an old bitty? Shocked

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:57 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Over the next 10 months or so this forum and all of us in our snailmail boxes will be inundated with requests for donations.

Vote in the primary. All voters' addresses will be turned over to the respective parties depending on what ballot is chosen. If they enclose postage paid envelopes I'll mail it back without a contribution.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
If they enclose postage paid envelopes I'll mail it back without a contribution.

I always send back ALL unsolicited postage paid envelopes (ok, except for charities). I think I might start taping them to a brick before I mail them back.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:03 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****Vote in the primary. All voters' addresses will be turned over to the respective parties depending on what ballot is chosen. If they enclose postage paid envelopes I'll mail it back without a contribution.*****

From what I can fathom, these are supposed to be top secret and the choice of the ballots are not supposed to be used for soliciting, purposes. I'll have to check on that.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:07 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
If they enclose postage paid envelopes I'll mail it back without a contribution.

I always send back ALL unsolicited postage paid envelopes (ok, except for charities). I think I might start taping them to a brick before I mail them back.

I recommend taping about 4 1.5" washers to the inside of the envelope before dropping it in the mail... should cost em about $3.

Although I've softened up in my old age and any more am just too lazy to care Smile

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:18 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

"After the primary, I expect that a federal judge will strike down that restriction. Depending on the ruling, that could mean the lists of Democratic and Republican primary voters become public information. Or, possibly, the judge could order that the lists be destroyed without any disclosure."

http://www.ewashtenaw.org/news/2007/presidential_primary.html

Sigh.....this website is okay...wonder if other people are interpreting it the same way?

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

That's it, I am MAD, I will be writing a letter to everyone, I will post it on here when all is said and done....._)&)(^)*&^

My name excluded of course!!!

edited to add: This is all that it states that is necessary to vote in a Presidential Election, nothing more, nothing about declaring a party....closed elections like the one that we have know seem "unconstitutional."

§ 3 Presidential electors; residence.

Sec. 3.

For purposes of voting in the election for president and vice-president of the United States only, the legislature may by law establish lesser residence requirements for citizens who have resided in this state for less than six months and may waive residence requirements for former citizens of this state who have removed herefrom. The legislature shall not permit voting by any person who meets the voting residence requirements of the state to which he has removed.
History: Const. 1963, Art. II, § 3, Eff. Jan. 1, 1964

Edited to add again: Article II § 4
[A link to this page which can be pasted into newsletters or emails] linkable

[The contents of this page without menus and other items which you may not want to print] printable

STATE CONSTITUTION (EXCERPT)
CONSTITUTION OF MICHIGAN OF 1963

§ 4 Place and manner of elections.

Sec. 4.

The legislature shall enact laws to regulate the time, place and manner of all nominations and elections, except as otherwise provided in this constitution or in the constitution and laws of the United States. The legislature shall enact laws to preserve the purity of elections, to preserve the secrecy of the ballot, to guard against abuses of the elective franchise, and to provide for a system of voter registration and absentee voting. No law shall be enacted which permits a candidate in any partisan primary or partisan election to have a ballot designation except when required for identification of candidates for the same office who have the same or similar surnames.

History: Const. 1963, Art. II, § 4, Eff. Jan. 1, 1964
Former Constitution: See Const. 1908, Art. III, §§ 1, 8.

© 2007 Legislative Council, State of Michigan

How is my secrecy of the ballot preserved when "they" have my name address and what party I voted for?

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:25 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

January 2, 2007

Mr. Robertson:

I am a constituent of your district and currently reside in XXXXXX. I have had the pleasure of conversing with you on my doorstep last year while you were the campaign trail. I am quite sure that you found my husband to be a quite affable man, while myself, you may have found me diametrically opposed to your points of view on certain social issues. But things that I am sure about is the fact that we both would like to maintain a modicum of privacy when it comes to the ballot choices and address retention that will be followed by the Presidential primary slated for January 15th, 2008.

I align my beliefs with the Democratic Party, but I have disagreed from the beginning to move the Presidential Primary up to January. Now we, the citizens of Michigan, have to pay, with our privacy at stake, by the two main parties having access to our names and addresses. For myself, and other people that don't know where to go for help I am seeking your assistance to have these records destroyed after the primary results are in. People are already inundated with literature in their mailbox, phone calls and now we have to worry about the safety of our addresses and names. This is just one more entity that has it at their disposal.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
XXXXXXXXX

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:56 pm 
KW
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Why on earth are people looking for handouts on this forum, all one needs to do is post a link and let the people decide if they want to donate.

It's insulting to the intelligence of the poster......my opinion.

Who was looking for a handout? This is an open political forum. It seems an appropriate place to state one's political goals...And the prayer rug thing is a scream...
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:31 pm 
last time here

old biddie??? naw andy.....we've seen you ladies hop all
over ted's butt and was letting opprimo know to be careful around y'all.. Laughing

Last edited by last time here on Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
January 2, 2007

Mr. Robertson:

I am a constituent of your district and currently reside in XXXXXX. I have had the pleasure of conversing with you on my doorstep last year while you were the campaign trail. I am quite sure that you found my husband to be a quite affable man, while myself, you may have found me diametrically opposed to your points of view on certain social issues. But things that I am sure about is the fact that we both would like to maintain a modicum of privacy when it comes to the ballot choices and address retention that will be followed by the Presidential primary slated for January 15th, 2008.

Hey Andi why not really screw the guy over and tell him that after you and your husband had the little chat with him you have both become Republicans. Laughing Laughing Laughing I had DEB Cherry stop at my door one time when I lived down there and I damn near converted her to the Right side. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:56 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: