FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ron Paul Flint Office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

i only mention the "skinhead support" for ron paul because i was in Detroit the other day and was confronted by a group of people from the Aryan Nations who where passing out info on Ron Paul. They gave a whole spiel about how they back him 100% along with other organizations of the sorts.

at least they where trying to get out the vote i guess. but i'm pretty sure thats more than 1% of the population that they have in their membership
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:32 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
omgasmurf schreef:
i only mention the "skinhead support" for ron paul because i was in Detroit the other day and was confronted by a group of people from the Aryan Nations who where passing out info on Ron Paul. They gave a whole spiel about how they back him 100% along with other organizations of the sorts.

at least they where trying to get out the vote i guess. but i'm pretty sure thats more than 1% of the population that they have in their membership

I apologize humbly to you sir. I am so used to defending the Ron Paul campaign from folks bringing up the $500 donation from Ron Black that my immediate reaction was you were naysaying and pot-stirring, not speaking from personal observation.

I do apologize and retract my goofy "gargamel" jab.

Neutral

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:45 pm 
last time here

"backing slowly toward the door" Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:51 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

On an uplifting note:
Just found this article,

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59421

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And of course who can forget Ross Perots 3rd party candidacy putting Elslicko in the whitehouse. I imagine if Ron Paul runs on a third party ticket we can plan on watching the coronation of either Hillary or Hussein Obama. Ill bet they are counting on it.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:51 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Thankfully, Dr. Ron Paul has said repeatedly that there is no chance for a 3rd party candidate in the US, and he has No intention of running if not chosen as the Republican candidate.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:02 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Lets hope he stays the course.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:03 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Lets hope he stays the course.

let's hope he wins!

And if he doesnt... let's hope all hell breaks lose....

(oops, was that my outside voice?)

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:13 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

To whomever was in charge of placing Ron Paul campaign headquarters on Miller Road between "Do Not Block Drive" signs in a high traffic congestion area and planned construction zone – what were you thinking? After 5 p.m. Thursday the Ron Paul "picketers" were out on the property with their signs contributing to driver distraction. You might need information in this Letter to the Editor published in The Flint Journal:

Miller Road hassles minimized, says Genesee County road official
Posted by Letter to the Editor | The Flint Journal December 07, 2007 16:41PM
Categories: Editorials, Flint Township, Letters, Weekly

I completely agree with The Flint Journal editorial <http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/opinion/2007/11/miller_road_work_must_go_smoot.html> regarding the pending reconstruction of Miller Road between Ballenger Highway and Linden Road [Nov. 12, Page A10].

As you correctly assessed: "... even under ideal circumstances, the price will include a major disruption to this county's prime commercial district ...."

But let me take this opportunity to assure you and your readers that every person involved in this project is keenly aware of the crucial nature of this corridor and that every effort is being made to keep disruption to a minimum.

For one thing, the project is on an extremely tight construction schedule, with actual road work to begin in early May and be completed by mid-September, before the holiday rush begins.

Also, the work will be done in stages. Phase I (the segment of Miller between I-75 and Lennon Road) will be completed by mid-June when Phase II (the segments from Lennon Road to Linden Road and from Ballenger to I-75) begins.

Further, three lanes of traffic (one lane in each direction and a center left-turn lane) will be kept open at all times during both phases.

We have also established a "Miller Road Program" page <http://www.gcrc.org/miller_road.html> on our Web site <http://www.gcrc.org/> , with project timelines, the latest news, funding information, video presentations, frequently asked questions and a link to contact us directly.

It soon will also have a link to video cameras placed along Miller Road for a "live" look at construction progress and traffic conditions.

Perhaps most importantly, there is a link that enables users to be automatically notified by e-mail when the Web page is updated. Using this feature, you could be automatically notified when the next public meeting on this project is scheduled, for example.

Some disruption is inevitable on a project of this nature, but we intend to do all we can to make it as brief and painless as possible.

John H. Daly III
manager-director, Genesee County Road Commission

Source:
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/opinion/2007/12/miller_road_hassles_minimized.html
Accessed: December 28, 2007
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:03 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

From my understanding, this will be the campaign office until January 15th only. Once the primaries are over, the national folks will zoom and if & when Dr. Paul gets on the ticket, a different venue will be selected for his office. The sign waving you are speaking of happened at the grand opening, as far as i know there are no organized events which call for folks to hang out at the office itself.

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
To whomever was in charge of placing Ron Paul campaign headquarters on Miller Road between "Do Not Block Drive" signs in a high traffic congestion area and planned construction zone – what were you thinking? After 5 p.m. Thursday the Ron Paul "picketers" were out on the property with their signs contributing to driver distraction. You might need information in this Letter to the Editor published in The Flint Journal:

Miller Road hassles minimized, says Genesee County road official
Posted by Letter to the Editor | The Flint Journal December 07, 2007 16:41PM
Categories: Editorials, Flint Township, Letters, Weekly

I completely agree with The Flint Journal editorial <http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/opinion/2007/11/miller_road_work_must_go_smoot.html> regarding the pending reconstruction of Miller Road between Ballenger Highway and Linden Road [Nov. 12, Page A10].

As you correctly assessed: "... even under ideal circumstances, the price will include a major disruption to this county's prime commercial district ...."

But let me take this opportunity to assure you and your readers that every person involved in this project is keenly aware of the crucial nature of this corridor and that every effort is being made to keep disruption to a minimum.

For one thing, the project is on an extremely tight construction schedule, with actual road work to begin in early May and be completed by mid-September, before the holiday rush begins.

Also, the work will be done in stages. Phase I (the segment of Miller between I-75 and Lennon Road) will be completed by mid-June when Phase II (the segments from Lennon Road to Linden Road and from Ballenger to I-75) begins.

Further, three lanes of traffic (one lane in each direction and a center left-turn lane) will be kept open at all times during both phases.

We have also established a "Miller Road Program" page <http://www.gcrc.org/miller_road.html> on our Web site <http://www.gcrc.org/> , with project timelines, the latest news, funding information, video presentations, frequently asked questions and a link to contact us directly.

It soon will also have a link to video cameras placed along Miller Road for a "live" look at construction progress and traffic conditions.

Perhaps most importantly, there is a link that enables users to be automatically notified by e-mail when the Web page is updated. Using this feature, you could be automatically notified when the next public meeting on this project is scheduled, for example.

Some disruption is inevitable on a project of this nature, but we intend to do all we can to make it as brief and painless as possible.

John H. Daly III
manager-director, Genesee County Road Commission

Source:
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/opinion/2007/12/miller_road_hassles_minimized.html
Accessed: December 28, 2007

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:39 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Opprimo, I hope you're right about the office location only being until January 15th. I didn't see that in any other info I read. Smile
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:52 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

OOSL

*****tumbleweeds*********

Only there until January 15th?

Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:14 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Andi, tumbleweeds? Please check posts on previous page for reference to January 15th. Smile
Post Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:03 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Tumbleweeds, like a tumbleweeds going through a ghost town response, kinda like, "Wow, that left me silent."

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:07 am 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

If any of you out there are a Ron Paul supporter, or just want more information on a true Son of Liberty Very Happy I urge you to go to www.RonPaul2008.com and check him out and donate today if you can. There is a mini-moneybomb for today with the goal of pushing him over 20 million for the quarter.

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:39 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: