FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Ron Paul Flint Office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
FlintConservative schreef:
quote:
Opprimo schreef:
We are in Michigan folks... the boil on the a** of America...

OMG...I've been saying Flint is the boil on the butt of the earth for 30 years....are we related?

In some round about way, I'd bet we were Smile

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:14 am 
KW
F L I N T O I D

If you want to see what Mr Paul stands for check this out. Very Happy
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

Dr. Paul brings new hope to America. Please take the time to vote in the Primaries on January 15tjavascript:emoticon('Surprised')
Surprisedh. Surprised
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:53 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
just kidding opprimo, your gonna have fun here. there are lots
of krispy kreme lovin' REPUBS here.......welcome

Welcome opprimo its a great forum. I myself havent been here very long but have discovered the quickest way to get your ass verbaly kicked is to cross Deena or Demeralda. Proceed with caution. Shocked Laughing OhYa and watch out for lT trying to fatten ya up with all them Krispy Kreams.Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:25 pm 
last time here

yeah, don't get the women pissed!!!!! just ask ted prayer prayer

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:44 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
yeah, don't get the women pissed!!!!! just ask ted prayer prayer

A wise man is a happy man. Very Happy

Thanks for the welcome twotap, looks like some decent folks here.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:55 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Looks can be deceiving. Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:01 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

The office is on Miller Rd across from KMart between KFC and Arbys. It is open every day.

You can also join the Flint Ron Paul Meetup Group at http://ronpaul.meetup.com/222/

We have lots of literature in many different varieties. We have thousands of Anti Nafta literature we hope to blanket the county with. We will need help getting out literature to everyone in the county.

Ron Paul has the only presidential office in Genesee County.

If you are a democrat the race is over in Michgan because Barrack and Edwards aren't on the ballot and whoever wins gets no delegates so you should vote for Ron Paul on January 15th.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:01 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

And Ron Paul is going to abolish the IRS, right after he eliminates the tax on tips. Yawn. Please. Someone. Please. I'm begging. SPEAK THE TRUTH!!!
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:09 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Of course he's not going to wave his magic wand and get it done the day after he is elected, but with that agenda, working towards those Libertarian goals, things can, and will change for the better in this country.

as far as the IRS goes...

Personal income tax makes up 1/3 of our Federal Revenue. If we cut out 1/3 of this years budget, we have enough money left over to cover completely the year 2000s Entire budget.

On first thought, I too thought that "abolish the IRS" was asinine until taking a look at the actual numbers.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:51 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
If we cut out 1/3 of this years budget, we have enough money left over to cover completely the year 2000s Entire budget.

On first thought, I too thought that "abolish the IRS" was asinine until taking a look at the actual numbers.

And when was the last time the federal government spent less than the preceding year? I'll give you a hint...I was 6 years old. They were just making seat belts mandatory in cars. The total federal outlay was $118.2 billion. (The year before it was $118.5 billion...they actually cut spending by $300 million).

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/fy2007/pdf/hist.pdf

Page 310...the year was 1965. And if you believe the federal government is going to cut spending by a third, well, good luck to you.
Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

The federal government make do with less???? Ya right I dont care what Ron Paul says if by some miracle he ever did get to the whitehouse the same tax and spend bunch will still be in the house and senate. It sounds good but it aint gonna happen.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:49 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

Most of us I would say, especially Libertarian minded folks, think the Fed should cut spending by at least 1/3. Trust me, I can understand waving your hands and saying "it can never be" as I was only 6 months ago researching which country to move to as I thought this one was a lost cause. With that in mind, dismissing it and not working towards it seems a bit defeatist in nature. Because we don't think it will happen we should not support those who are working towards that very end?

I offer one of my famous Analogies:

While sitting in Prison, you are given a ballot...

Option A) Forced and unwanted man-love in the shower room...
Option B) Forced and unwanted man-love in the privacy of your cell...
Option C) Probation before man-love occurs...

Americans today are willing to choose B because its the lesser of two evils and option C "will just never happen."

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
I was only 6 months ago researching which country to move to as I thought this one was a lost cause.

A lost cause??? Shocked

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:56 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

OMG, Opprimo, i can not believe this! flintconservative asked if you two were related because he's been saying Flint is the boil on the butt of the earth for 30 years - and you did, too. Wiht that in mind, you and i MUST be related because you said this........

quote:
Opprimo schreef:
Most of us I would say, especially Libertarian minded folks, think the Fed should cut spending by at least 1/3. Trust me, I can understand waving your hands and saying "it can never be" as I was only 6 months ago researching which country to move to as I thought this one was a lost cause. With that in mind, dismissing it and not working towards it seems a bit defeatist in nature. Because we don't think it will happen we should not support those who are working towards that very end?

I offer one of my famous Analogies:

While sitting in Prison, you are given a ballot...

Option A) Forced and unwanted man-love in the shower room...
Option B) Forced and unwanted man-love in the privacy of your cell...
Option C) Probation before man-love occurs...

Americans today are willing to choose B because its the lesser of two evils and option C "will just never happen."

you're either related to me or i know you. no chance on revealing who you ar, is there?

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:39 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
The federal government make do with less???? Ya right I dont care what Ron Paul says if by some miracle he ever did get to the whitehouse the same tax and spend bunch will still be in the house and senate. It sounds good but it aint gonna happen.

If Ron Paul wins some early primaries we should have some Ron Paul supporters running for Congress. The senate could still be a problem but a Ron Paul win would send a message.

We can save money by bringing our troops home from Iraq ($500+ billion in savings) which is how Bush dramatically increased the burden on current and future taxpayers. We can save more money by ending our involvement in the decades old Korean war. We can also save money by closing some of our 700+ foreign military bases that we use to help protect/occupy other countries. That would save many billions a year and have a very positive impact on local military economies.

Ron Paul would also probably veto every foreign aid bill. Some of those might stick.

In addition he also veto many other bills. Some would be overidden but some would stick.

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:19 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: