FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Another liberal reporter without a clue.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well id love too but Im too busy trying to straighten out all those "Im not a Liberal" types in Flint. And from 125mi away to boot. Safe and sound in the woods. Laughing When I finally get "Last time Here" on the "right" track ill send him in my place. Laughing
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:50 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

That's okay - my show goes out to the far woods, too. In fact, I'm seen in diferent parts of the country. And that's other than in your local post office! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Alright, then send them in. We're always looking for a good laugh!

comedyontaptv@yahoo.com

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

You anywhere on Charter cable?
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:20 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Yes! In fact, one of the locations I'm currently taping my show in is a Charter studio (are you familiar with the Comcast situation). You must be a Charter subscriber? Detroit-area?

Super

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Roscommon county Laughing By the way I only watch HD broadcasts.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:26 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Does that mean you only choose to watch HD broadcasts or you're only able to view high-def programs?

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

O Laughing nce ya go HD ya cant go back.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:55 pm 
last time here

i will NEVER submit to 2taps Krispy Kremes!!!! Confused Confused Confused Confused

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:54 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

You are missing my point.

You cannot, first of all, GUARANTEE what the reporter meant, because you don't know him or what he was thinking when he wrote it.

This morning I heard a story on the radio that went like this: "Kenya is about to have elections. Voters will dip their finger in purple ink to guarantee they only vote once. The ink takes about a week to wear off."

Now, I thought that was an odd sentence to insert into that sort of story (The bit about how long it takes to get it off.) What can we infer about the author? I believe NOTHING, except that maybe she's not such a hot writer.

Again, quit looking for things to be afraid of or pissed off about! And please quit typecasting anyone who disagrees on one issue -- that does not a liberal, conservative, moderate, radical, or anything else make.

Perhaps we should contact the author and see what he intended?
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:37 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Actually if you really read the article you discover it was a police department spokesperson who made the statement. So I guess that puts the Seattle Times off the hook. Very Happy Of course its still a liberal rag. Laughing Laughing

quote:
And please quit typecasting anyone who disagrees on one issue --

What fun would that be? Confused Laughing Laughing Laughing
By the way it is common knowledge thru their own admission that the majority of Journalists are of a left minded persuasion. I remember reading a questioner given to students at various journalisim schools around the nation. The question was 'Why do you want to be a reporter/ Journalist. The no.1 answer was "I want to make the world a better place". Shocked What??? if you want to change the world why would you become a journalist whos job it is to REPORT the news in an unbiased manner. If ya want to make the world a better place join the friggin Peace Core leave the reporting to someone without an agenda. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

I gotta cut this a little short as I am about to drive the 125mi to the Flint area to pick up my grandaughter for another week of indoctrination into the "extreme rightwinger" Shocked way of life. If ya see a yellow H3 with a large black brushguard on the front it could be me. If ya wave try to avoid using only one finger. Later. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:55 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

Demeralda confused me more than ever now!

You said quit looking for things to be afraid of or pissed off about. What's so bad about a journalist saying, "The ink takes about a week to wear off"? Did I miss something? Was that the part you were referring to that made the writer "not so hot"? I'm glad she threw that in, personally. Otherwise, I'd be thinking, "Okay, so they dip their fingers. It turns purple. So? So all they need to do is go wash it off and come back an hour later." I didn't think it was odd for her to throw that in at all. She had forsight that readers would wonder why they didn't wash it right off. Kinda like this purple guy

---->

Actually, I didn't see much wrong with the first author's story, either. The gun story. Hey, the more info I get, the better. I don't think that statement was biased! Wink
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:35 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to throw you off. You're right, it does have meaning, it just seems like the speaker could've said, "They dip their finger in ink, which takes several days to wear off, so that it's impossible to vote twice."

I mean, that would illustrate the point more clearly. I guess I chose a poor example.

But if I was all paranoid, I could read/listen to every story and try and find "the bias". I just feel it's pointless. There are sources you trust and those you don't.

There's no such thing as total objectivity, so I don't know why people always harp on it. It would be a bulleted list if it was just facts. Newswriters also provide ANALYSIS. What they consider relevant or not, well I guess some people will always feel that it's intended to put a slant on things. And I reject that journalists are self-professed leftists.

But as the naked archaeologist would have it, "History is fiction."
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:29 am 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

The naked archaeologist? I never heard that analogy. Self-professed leftists? Wow, I gotta look that one up!

Thanks for clearing that up, demeralda. You're absolutely right - you could find the bias in anything and everything if you tried. Also, you couldn't be more correct in what you're saying about journalists. I think they need to stick to reporting and not try to let their opinions seep through. That's what Blogs like these are for!
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:34 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
And I reject that journalists are self-professed leftists.

Just the majority who admit to it.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:18 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Pretty big claim there, TT. Smile Show us the proof? Because my internet search yielded nothing.
Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:26 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: