FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Another liberal reporter without a clue.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004089775_dige24m.html
NWjobs | NWautos | NWhomes | NWapartments | NWsource | Classifieds | seattletimes.com
Homeowner used own gun to kill Kent man
Kent

A Kent man who shot and killed a suspected intruder inside his home Saturday was armed with his own handgun when he walked in the door and found the stranger inside his home, police said.

A man and woman came home to their condo on Kent's East Hill at 6 p.m. Saturday to find another man inside. The 28-year-old homeowner used his own gun to shoot the suspected intruder, said Kent police spokesman Paul Petersen.

It's unknown why the homeowner had a handgun, Petersen said. Rolling Eyes

Police aren't releasing the homeowners' names. The dead man, believed in his mid-20s, has not been identified.

Neighbors reported four to five gunshots, but there were no witnesses other than the homeowners, Petersen said.

After the man was shot, he ran through a broken sliding-glass door and died in the backyard. He was carrying a bag that contained some stolen property from the couple's home, Petersen said.
Of course the correct response would be to allow the perp to tie the family up and than eliminate one by one any witnesses. Idiot dimwit reporter. Sounds like something the Journals Heller would say. Rolling Eyes[url][/url]

Last edited by twotap on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:13 pm 
last time here

i don't know if the reporter should be called "liberal", whatever that means
but i'd say under the same circumstances i may have done the same thing.
who knows??

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:17 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well I do have several other names for this journalist moron but in keeping with the code of the forum I refrained from using them. How about antigun leftwinger? Confused Very Happy
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:32 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Interesting article, twotap, but I'd suggest you show where the article ends and your comments begin. I hate to nitpick but it would also be good if you'd show link and date accessed, not just you but all of us. Why? Articles could be outdated and updated, for example, article recently quoted by someone else with regard to bombing Iran had no date, but going to link provided showed it was two months old. Old stuff, but hot topic and many updates or related articles in between.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:32 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I give the reporter SOME benefit of the doubt, he could've been thinking "it was unclear whether the homeowner had a permit to carry a concealed weapon".... of course you don't need a permit to carry an UNCONCEALED weapon (my husband proved that one a number of years ago in Battle Creek).... or maybe the homeowner had just returned from shooting practice....

more likely, he was probably trying to equate the incident to what happened in Texas with the man shooting two thieves in his neighbor's yard..

Regardless, the reporter should have left the statement out of the article. Who cares why a homeowner is carrying a handgun. Its his or her constitutional right.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:41 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Interesting article, twotap, but I'd suggest you show where the article ends and your comments begin. I hate to nitpick but it would also be good if you'd show link and date accessed, not just you but all of us. Why? Articles could be outdated and updated, for example, article recently quoted by someone else with regard to bombing Iran had no date, but going to link provided showed it was two months old. Old stuff, but hot topic and many updates or related articles in between.

Your right . The other forums I visit insist on the source before they will accept a post I got lazy on this one. Its there now thanks for the reminder. Very Happy
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:48 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

The date of the news story on the link that twotap left was Dec 24th, 2007. The article obviously wasn't outdated.

Why did the homeowner have a gun ? because it's his 2nd amendment right, just as freedom of the press is the reporters 1st amendment right. If you don't like guns, don't commit home invasions. You don't need a concealed weapons permit to carry a gun in you own home, whether it's concealed or not.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:53 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Hypersensitive, people. And it's not liberal or conservative, jesus.

He may not have worded it right (or chose to shorten it, hoping the same meaning would be conveyed... which makes him more of a bad writer than a liberal), but I took it to mean that it was unknown why it was out and already in his hand.

OR It was unknown what happened that made him suspect trouble inside.

It's unknown why the owner HAD a gun, not why he owned one.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right, but god, if you go through the world looking for any tiny little sign of bias, you'll go mad. And it's silly.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:06 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

I agree, Demeralda. Not only that, but I didn't see where it said he actually had the gun before he came home. Am I missing something? Why couldn't he have walked in, seen the guy sneaking around, grabbed the gun from a nearby console or place within his home, and then shot the guy? That's what I'm thinking. I know I always keep my gun near the foyer when I walk in the front door. Yeah, it's in the drawer, right next to the......wait - should I be saying all this?
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
last time here

well demeralda..you know how them REPUBS are.. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
just waiting for another chance to go to Krispy Kreme with Johnny! Laughing

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:19 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
It's unknown why the homeowner had a handgun

Apparently you all are not familiar with the political climate in Seattle which is just slightly less leftist than San fran freakshow which has voted to ban handgun ownership completely. Ill guarantee you this "Journalist" was questioning the homeowners need to find it necessary to even own a handgun. Wouldnt the story have made more sense going something like "Homeowner successfully uses personal handgun to thwart robber and protects family from possible violent attack." Demeralda are you actually saying that one of the major agendas of the leftist democrats which used to prefer the term "Liberal" but have now become "Progressive" Rolling Eyes is not a complete ban on firearm ownership. As far as "hypersensitive" well maybe when it comes to the second ammendment and the blabbering of idiot reporters who always have to put their little slant on their writings concerning the lawful use of firearms. Kind of like you when someone might dare to question the educational opportunitys avaliable or the wisdom of residing in the no.3 most violent city in the US. Laughing

quote:
Yeah, it's in the drawer, right next to ?

Not anymore the perp found it just before you entered your home. See ya on the nightly ch 12 news. Of course at least the bad guy who was in the process of turning his life around wasnt injured. Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:31 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

CPL
enough said

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:

Not anymore the perp found it just before you entered your home.
See ya on the nightly ch 12 news. Of course at least the bad guy
who was in the process of turning his life around wasnt injured.

That's because it was on "Safety" and he couldn't read the word.

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Plus the fact that unless your piece was set up like this he probably would miss ya anyhow. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:28 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Yes, he'd surely miss me - I actually own a Birdman HomeBoy! Laughing

So now that you have pictures like this, twotap, maybe you could come on my show and show more funny pictures like these! Laughing

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:39 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: