FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Time to put this scam to rest
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Global Con-sensus
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Friday, December 21, 2007 4:20 PM PT

Climate Change: A Senate minority report lists 400 reputable scientists who think the only melting ice we should really fear was in the cocktail glasses of attendees at the recent global warming conference in Bali.

In the wake of the Dec. 3-14 conference, where delegates worked to draft a successor to the failed Kyoto Protocol on global warming, Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., ranking member on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, has released a report that lists scientists who challenge both Al Gore's assertion that the debate is over and the Bali conclusion that the planet is in imminent danger.

Many of the 400 scientists have taken part in the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, whose climate change reports tout consensus but which critics charge are heavily edited to support pre-defined conclusions.

Among the IPCC's warming "deniers" is atmospheric scientist Hendrik Tennekes, former research director at the Netherlands' Royal National Meteorological Institute.

"I find the Doomsday picture Al Gore is painting — a six-meter sea level rise, 15 times the IPCC number — entirely without merit," he said. "I protest vigorously the idea that the climate reacts like a home heating system to a changed setting of the thermostat: Just turn the dial, and the desired temperature will soon be reached."

Physicist John W. Brosnahan, who develops remote-sensing tools for clients like the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, says: "Of course I believe in global warming, and in global cooling — all part of the natural climate changes that the Earth has experienced for billions of years, caused primarily by cyclical variations in solar output."

Brosnahan says he has "not seen any sort of definitive, scientific link to man-made carbon dioxide as the root cause of global warming, only incomplete computer models that suggest that this might be the case." Those models, he says, leave out too many variables.

Indeed, a study in the Royal Meteorological Society's International Journal of Climatology looked at 22 computer models used by the IPCC. Most of the models couldn't even predict the past.

Predictably, after a quick review of the report, Gore spokeswoman Kalee Kreider said 25 to 30 of the scientists may have received funding from Exxon Mobil, though she didn't name which scientists she thinks were bribed to distort the truth. Wise move.

This is not like Al Gore getting 75 hours of free airtime on NBC, a unit of General Electric, which stands to make wads of cash on things like solar panels and wind turbines. Or Gore being involved with a company that sells carbon offsets.

Heartland Institute senior fellow James Taylor has noted that more than 600 scientists at the Bali gathering could have debunked Gore's warming theories, but the U.N. "censored" them.

By the way, Gore and his statist friends in Europe repeatedly have criticized the U.S. for its "failure to act" on warming. But new data show the U.S. in 2006 slashed output of greenhouse gases by 1.3%, while Europe's output continued to grow. So who's failing to act?

Here an idea: How about NBC hosting 75 hours of debate between some of Inhofe's 400 scientists and any one of Gore's choosing, including himself? Afraid of some inconvenient truths, Al?

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:26 pm 
last time here

c'mon dude. totally discounting al gore and every scientist on the face
of the earth, do you actually believe humanity can continue dumping
pollution into the atmosphere without doing damage to OUR planet?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

think about it..have you ever looked into the valley from
nevada and SEEN the orange haze over los angeles? All developing
nations on our planet are doing the same thing. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:35 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

We can all do our share to lessen the pollution of our personal environment. I believe "global warming" can be questioned for similar reasons as the article stated, just as pharmaceutical studies get altered before publication, against the recommendation of the scientists who conducted them. After all, how would the pharmaceutical companies pay for all the advertising on TV and sell their drugs if REAL reports were published! They're as bad as the drug peddlers who were just arrested, maybe worse because their poisons are legal--they just have to publish warnings!
Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:51 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

All Im saying is that Algore claims its over and done that no one dare question the findings he claims are, well unquestionable. Buy carbon credits Rolling Eyes save the planet while ya fly all over the globe in your private jet. The arrogance of Algore and his folowers that they can control the temperature of the earth is laughable. lT so you are also on Algores bandwagon and refuse to listen to the findings of anyone who opposes big Al. By the way all we ever heard from the tree huggers was how we need to clean up the aptmostphere well its getting cleaner and clearer and allowing more sunlight thus the feeling of warmth and now they are bitching about that. Thank god Bush didnt bend over for that bunch in the UN and sign that dumbass Kyoto treaty, you talk about loss of jobs.

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:09 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Get all the free carbon credits you want at

http://freecarbonoffsets.com/genCert.do

It'll create your offset certificate as a pdf that you can print. Since I use a charcoal grill, a gas lawnmower, weedwhacker, leaf blower & snowblower, I signed up for 39,735 Gazillion.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I wonder if Algore is aware of this since he has come up with a get rich scheme to sell em. This aint gonna go over very well. Laughing Laughing Laughing especially when all his rich pals find out old Al stuck it to them. Laughing Laughing

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:43 pm 
last time here

gee. not one answer to my question... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:43 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not to worry LT Algores got all the answers. Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:25 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Still waiting for Al to practice what he preaches. Dump the mega mansions, trade the limos for small fuel efficient cars, drive instead of fly. When flying can't be avoided, fly coach instead of private jet. Instead of buying carbon offsets, plant the trees himself.

OH. WAIT. I forgot that rules only apply to the peasants, not the elites.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Year of global cooling
By David Deming
December 19, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Al Gore says global warming is a planetary emergency. It is difficult to see how this can be so when record low temperatures are being set all over the world. In 2007, hundreds of people died, not from global warming, but from cold weather hazards.

Since the mid-19th century, the mean global temperature has increased by 0.7 degrees Celsius. This slight warming is not unusual, and lies well within the range of natural variation. Carbon dioxide continues to build in the atmosphere, but the mean planetary temperature hasn't increased significantly for nearly nine years. Antarctica is getting colder. Neither the intensity nor the frequency of hurricanes has increased. The 2007 season was the third-quietest since 1966. In 2006 not a single hurricane made landfall in the U.S.

South America this year experienced one of its coldest winters in decades. In Buenos Aires, snow fell for the first time since the year 1918. Dozens of homeless people died from exposure. In Peru, 200 people died from the cold and thousands more became infected with respiratory diseases. Crops failed, livestock perished, and the Peruvian government declared a state of emergency.

Unexpected bitter cold swept the entire Southern Hemisphere in 2007. Johannesburg, South Africa, had the first significant snowfall in 26 years. Australia experienced the coldest June ever. In northeastern Australia, the city of Townsville underwent the longest period of continuously cold weather since 1941. In New Zealand, the weather turned so cold that vineyards were endangered.

Last January, $1.42 billion worth of California produce was lost to a devastating five-day freeze. Thousands of agricultural employees were thrown out of work. At the supermarket, citrus prices soared. In the wake of the freeze, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked President Bush to issue a disaster declaration for affected counties. A few months earlier, Mr. Schwarzenegger had enthusiastically signed the California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006, a law designed to cool the climate. California Sen. Barbara Boxer continues to push for similar legislation in the U.S. Senate.

In April, a killing freeze destroyed 95 percent of South Carolina's peach crop, and 90 percent of North Carolina's apple harvest. At Charlotte, N.C., a record low temperature of 21 degrees Fahrenheit on April 8 was the coldest ever recorded for April, breaking a record set in 1923. On June 8, Denver recorded a new low of 31 degrees Fahrenheit. Denver's temperature records extend back to 1872.

Recent weeks have seen the return of unusually cold conditions to the Northern Hemisphere. On Dec. 7, St. Cloud, Minn., set a new record low of minus 15 degrees Fahrenheit. On the same date, record low temperatures were also recorded in Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Extreme cold weather is occurring worldwide. On Dec. 4, in Seoul, Korea, the temperature was a record minus 5 degrees Celsius. Nov. 24, in Meacham, Ore., the minimum temperature was 12 degrees Fahrenheit colder than the previous record low set in 1952. The Canadian government warns that this winter is likely to be the coldest in 15 years.
Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri are just emerging from a destructive ice storm that left at least 36 people dead and a million without electric power. People worldwide are being reminded of what used to be common sense: Cold temperatures are inimical to human welfare and warm weather is beneficial. Left in the dark and cold, Oklahomans rushed out to buy electric generators powered by gasoline, not solar cells. No one seemed particularly concerned about the welfare of polar bears, penguins or walruses. Fossil fuels don't seem so awful when you're in the cold and dark.

If you think any of the preceding facts can falsify global warming, you're hopelessly naive. Nothing creates cognitive dissonance in the mind of a true believer. In 2005, a Canadian Greenpeace representative explained “global warming can mean colder, it can mean drier, it can mean wetter.” In other words, all weather variations are evidence for global warming. I can't make this stuff up.

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:45 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Still waiting for Al to practice what he preaches. Dump the mega mansions, trade the limos for small fuel efficient cars, drive instead of fly. When flying can't be avoided, fly coach instead of private jet. Instead of buying carbon offsets, plant the trees himself.

OH. WAIT. I forgot that rules only apply to the peasants, not the elites.

Amen, brother.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:59 pm 
last time here

so are y'all saying pollution is not a threat or are you just pissed at al?? Cool

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:27 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
so are y'all saying pollution is not a threat or are you just pissed at al?? Cool

I'm not saying we should be irresponsible, but this has happened before, many scientists also say we can do nothing to prevent it, many scientists say it is not caused by man.
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:36 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Show me someone who is irresponsibly polluting anything and getting away with it. Well maybe Algore and his legions of big shot hollywood stars who fly all around the globe in the name their latest fashionable PC correct project. What color ribbon we supposed to wear this month. Rolling Eyes The last 20 years have seen major strides in less pollution whether from industry, the cars we drive or the indiscriminate disposal of toxic waste. The air is cleaner the sun is brighter and the slightest hint of unnecssary polution is dealt with harshly. Its just going to get better but for the US to fall for something as ridiculous as the Kyoto treaty is totally uncalled for and would ruin the US economy and destroy millions of jobs. Hey LT I thought you were the big NObodys got jobs guy well let Algore and his cronies get their way and see what happens to US jobs and the economy. And according to hundreds of experts is totally uncalled for. Remember "Give a Hoot dont Pollute" Laughing
Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:42 pm 
last time here

you kats ever been to la or hollywood?? Wink Wink
come on FC..many scientists say ??????? all you gotta do is travel and look!

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:38 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: